Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

National Football Conference

Chrisaaron1023

7 hours ago, Jules said:

Eagles continue to soar. Saints have a come from behind victory. Vikings beat up the Rams.

At least the NFC has more going on for a real battle. Just hope they are not all fighting for the right to lose by 3 points to the Patriots in the Super Bowl.:lol:

I am kinda shocked the Vikings are 8-2. Wow..........

Yes the NFC will be more interesting. Forgetting about the Panthers, and the Falcons could be sneaking around. 

But you're almost right about the right to lose to the Patriots by 3, although I'll take my shot with the Vikings.. since of course, they'd be at home :thmup:

16 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Yes the NFC will be more interesting. Forgetting about the Panthers, and the Falcons could be sneaking around. 

But you're almost right about the right to lose to the Patriots by 3, although I'll take my shot with the Vikings.. since of course, they'd be at home :thmup:

If the Vikings made it I would give them a shot to win it all, the crowd would clearly be um full of.......Vikings fans. lmao 

Yeah the Falcons won tonight. They have 4 losses, the Panthers 3 losses and the Saints 2. It's not even 100% over yet. Saints and Falcons have not even played each other yet and the NFC South looks to be a candidate to send in more then one playoff team.

Seattle is pretty blah this year.

7 minutes ago, Jules said:

If the Vikings made it I would give them a shot to win it all, the crowd would clearly be um full of.......Vikings fans. lmao 

Yeah the Falcons won tonight. They have 4 losses, the Panthers 3 losses and the Saints 2. It's not even 100% over yet. Saints and Falcons have not even played each other yet and the NFC South looks to be a candidate to send in more then one playoff team.

Seattle is pretty blah this year.

Seattle looks done IMO. It will be tough for them to make the Playoffs now. If the Rams win the Division almost impossible for them to make it actually. I see Panthers and Lions/maybe the Falcons as the 2 WildCard teams as of now. Dallas is done too.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Seattle looks done IMO. It will be tough for them to make the Playoffs now. If the Rams win the Division almost impossible for them to make it actually. I see Panthers and Lions/maybe the Falcons as the 2 WildCard teams as of now. Dallas is done too.

I guess it is slightly possible Seattle still goes on a late season run, they have done it before a lot. But this year with injuries and stuff maybe it might be tougher. Since catching up to the Rams might not even be impossible? Rams are sitting at 7-3 and Seahawks at 6-4........

Falcons have had the Seahawks number though over the years so this is not a suprise to me tonight.

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

I guess it is slightly possible Seattle still goes on a late season run, they have done it before a lot. But this year with injuries and stuff maybe it might be tougher. Since catching up to the Rams might not even be impossible? Rams are sitting at 7-3 and Seahawks at 6-4........

Falcons have had the Seahawks number though over the years so this is not a suprise to me tonight.

It was a huge win for the Falcons because now they have the tiebreaker over Seattle if it comes to that. I think the only way Seattle gets in is if they can overtake the Rams.

5 hours ago, Jules said:

Yupp, we knew the Seahawks were done last Thursday night when they lost Sherman, then Chancellor, and Earl Thomas is hobbled.. their whole legion of boom is gone. I know every game for them will be a shoot out now. And didn't expect them to compete last night. 

Rams in NFC south gets 3 teams in

1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Yupp, we knew the Seahawks were done last Thursday night when they lost Sherman, then Chancellor, and Earl Thomas is hobbled.. their whole legion of boom is gone. I know every game for them will be a shoot out now. And didn't expect them to compete last night. 

Rams in NFC south gets 3 teams in

I expected Atlanta to win by double digits. Earl Thomas can't get healthy fast enough.

On 11/12/2017 at 8:09 PM, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I'm sure a few of these teams wish they could switch conferences. 

Eagles

Saints

Rams 

Vikings

They all look like they could defeat anyone. And they'll have to kill each other come January. Lucky to be in the AFC this year lol but it's it always.

I don't know, I think they are comparable.  

The Pats are better than the Eagles

The Jags are comparable to the Vikings

Pittsburgh is better than the Rams

Kansas City isn't too far away from the Saints

Just my opinion of course. 

Top to bottom, the conferences are close.  

5 hours ago, Myles said:

I don't know, I think they are comparable.  

The Pats are better than the Eagles

The Jags are comparable to the Vikings

Pittsburgh is better than the Rams

Kansas City isn't too far away from the Saints

Just my opinion of course. 

Top to bottom, the conferences are close.  

Meh.. I don't know about that. Maybe just the Patriots. Jags?

Pittsburgh?

Kansas City?

Jags have shown some consistency lately.

Pittsburgh at home is good. On the road barely beat the colts.

Kansas City is a joke lol.

9 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Meh.. I don't know about that. Maybe just the Patriots. Jags?

Pittsburgh?

Kansas City?

Jags have shown some consistency lately.

Pittsburgh at home is good. On the road barely beat the colts.

Kansas City is a joke lol.

Jags are very fortunate that Luck hasn't played all season otherwise we would probably be 6-4 or 7-3. They are also fortunate that Watson got injured so that puts Houston out of it and the Titans are inconsistent with bad Coaching. They will win the Division finally but will be 1 and done in the Playoffs. They aren't winning Playoff games with Blake Bortles at QB. Patriots are going to Repeat IMO but I said that when the season started. Carr and the Raiders are a flop, Chiefs and Smith choke every year, and the Pats are the Steelers daddy!

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jags are very fortunate that Luck hasn't played all season otherwise we would probably be 6-4 or 7-3. They are also fortunate that Watson got injured so that puts Houston out of it and the Titans are inconsistent with bad coaching. They will win the Division finally but will be 1 and done in the Playoffs. They aren't winning Playoff games with Blake Bortles at QB. Patriots are going to Repeat IMO but I said that when the season started. Carr and the Raiders are a flop, Chiefs and Smith choke every year, and the Pats are the Steelers daddy!

Deshaun Watson played half of Jacksonville's first game this season. The Jaguars could beat him a second time if the injury had not happened.

If the playoffs were tomorrow, Jacksonville would host Baltimore. Guess who scored 44 points and shut out Joe Flacco in Week 4. I don't want to see purple birds in the playoffs, but if it happens the Jaguars should make it to Round 2.

2 minutes ago, JaguarsWoman said:

Deshaun Watson played half of Jacksonville's first game this season. The Jaguars could beat him a second time if the injury had not happened.

If the playoffs were tomorrow, Jacksonville would host Baltimore. Guess who scored 44 points and shut out Joe Flacco in Week 4. I don't want to see purple birds in the playoffs, but if it happens the Jaguars should make it to Round 2.

That actually would be a good game if it was Ravens/Jags, it would be at Jags. Flacco is a different animal in the Playoffs though but I have to admit that game would be good.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That actually would be a good game if it was Ravens/Jags, it would be at Jags. Flacco is a different animal in the Playoffs though but I have to admit that game would be good.

Different animal in what way? His problem in the playoffs is he goes to New England.

41 minutes ago, JaguarsWoman said:

Different animal in what way? His problem in the playoffs is he goes to New England.

Different animal = great Playoff record. Flacco has always been solid in the Playoffs. He has also beat the Pats twice in 2009 and 2012, should've beat them in 2011 but his WR dropped a TD late in that Title Game.

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Different animal = great Playoff record. Flacco has always been solid in the Playoffs. He has also beat the Pats twice in 2009 and 2012, should've beat them in 2011 but his WR dropped a TD late in that Title Game.

So you think he would be more likely to score in Sacksonville (not a typo) if Baltimore makes the playoffs?

Damn, tough year in the NFC. Eagles just look so dominant for the conference and a lock on homefield unless they melt down. The Eagles are fantastic! 

Vikings are shockingly solid. And they could be a lock for the #2 seed but it's not a lock yet. Only the Eagles look to be a lock for a bye week as of now. Vikings though did beat the Saints/Rams so it's looking smooth for them right now.

Rams had a big win over the Saints. Now the Saints are in a weird spot........since not only are they not a lock for a bye week, they could not even be a lock for the division!!!!!! Saints still have to play the Falcons twice and the Panthers once more. And the Saints are not the best team to go on the road in the playoffs to win......especially if it's Philly when it's cold.

NFC South looks brutal right now........Panthers and Falcons still alive!!!!!

On 11/14/2017 at 8:50 PM, chad72 said:

A QB that does not turn it over much in the playoffs based on history i.e. Brees (even in the vaunted Seahawks 2013 playoff run, the Saints fought till the end with the Seahawks in Seattle); a team that plays with balance like they did during their 2009 SB run; a team whose D is not generating turnovers like 2009 but is coming up with plenty of stops and playing complementary football to help out the O which is running the ball to help out the D. 

The only problem the Saints will face is the Eagles because they have to rely on the pass to beat the Eagles because of the Eagles' stout front, and we have not seen many games where Brees has had to wing it to be competitive in games and come out ahead late in the game. The 2 games vs the Vikings and Patriots earlier were before their defensive identity was established but if there is a concept the Eagles have borrowed from the Patriots, it is that there is no true No.1 WR even though there may be one on paper (Jeffery) and they will spread the ball around.

If the Saints at least get a #2 seeding, it will help them a lot in the NFC playoffs and I could pencil them into the SB, by virtue of Payton's and Brees' experience. Plus, since 2005, Belichick and the Patriots have not fared well vs teams in the playoffs when they meet a team a second time either on the road in the playoffs or in the SB (2005 Broncos, 2006 Colts, 2007 Giants, 2011 Giants, 2013 Broncos, 2015 Broncos). The 2009 Ravens and 2010 Jets losses also come to mind though they were at home.

I hope it is the Saints going against the Patriots because Wentz most likely gets MVP and the last 2 MVPs have lost in the SB, plus the familiarity with the Patriots factor for Payton and Brees.

You think the Saints got at all exposed a tiny bit vs. the Rams?

Granted the Saints were down their starting CBs for this game, but Brees had a tough time I thought from the bits and pieces I saw.

Personally with the whole MVP thing I wish that trend could just be broken sometime for the big game, sigh.

10 hours ago, Jules said:

You think the Saints got at all exposed a tiny bit vs. the Rams?

Granted the Saints were down their starting CBs for this game, but Brees had a tough time I thought from the bits and pieces I saw.

Personally with the whole MVP thing I wish that trend could just be broken sometime for the big game, sigh.

It is all about being healthy at the right time. It is not momentum, it is not a magical genie, it is not the hot wild card team like pundits keep saying. It is about being healthy at the right time.

No healthy Gronk or healthy Edelman, Patriots cannot win SB, IMO, one of them has to be healthy for them to have a chance. That is why it helps to have a crappy division because teams in the AFC North end up beating up each other, much like the NFC South this year and you will end up with injuries.

Saints are having lots of injuries at the wrong time, Panthers are still dealing with enough turnover on offensive roster. Falcons are the healthiest, and can sneak up on the Saints and Panthers to win that division, IMO. However, they are not good enough to go past the divisional round, IMO.

On 11/28/2017 at 11:13 AM, chad72 said:

It is all about being healthy at the right time. It is not momentum, it is not a magical genie, it is not the hot wild card team like pundits keep saying. It is about being healthy at the right time.

No healthy Gronk or healthy Edelman, Patriots cannot win SB, IMO, one of them has to be healthy for them to have a chance. That is why it helps to have a crappy division because teams in the AFC North end up beating up each other, much like the NFC South this year and you will end up with injuries.

Saints are having lots of injuries at the wrong time, Panthers are still dealing with enough turnover on offensive roster. Falcons are the healthiest, and can sneak up on the Saints and Panthers to win that division, IMO. However, they are not good enough to go past the divisional round, IMO.

Gronk did not play most of last sesason, including the playoffs.

33 minutes ago, JaguarsWoman said:

Gronk did not play most of last sesason, including the playoffs.

I said Gronk "or" Edelman for a reason, not "and". I followed it up for clarity in my original post by saying "one of them has to be healthy" too. 

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

I said Gronk "or" Edelman for a reason, not "and". I followed it up for clarity in my original post by saying "one of them has to be healthy" too. 

I agree with you, if they lose Gronk sometime they are going to be in big big trouble. They better pray he stays healthy and wrap him up in bubble wrap at times. Without Edelman, Gronk is the most important player not named Tom Brady on the Patriots this year.

3 hours ago, Jules said:

I agree with you, if they lose Gronk sometime they are going to be in big big trouble. They better pray he stays healthy and wrap him up in bubble wrap at times. Without Edelman, Gronk is the most important player not named Tom Brady on the Patriots this year.

The Pats are getting Hogan back this week so no matter Brady will still have weapons.

To update this thread, Rodgers is slated to possibly return sometime.

https://sports.yahoo.com/packers-win-leaves-door-open-aaron-rodgers-comeback-playoff-push-213822404.html

Too little too late for a playoff push for the bottom seed? Packers really needed to get that win over Pittsburgh they missed out on but good win today by them. They have really struggled without Rodgers.

It will be tough though. Seahawks are awakening and the NFC South might send 2. But Green Bay does play Carolina late in the year.

I am not sure I have full trust factor in anyone in the NFC but if a healthy Rodgers was able to return thats maybe the best team I could sink my teeth into rooting for due to "The Rodgers factor" if he looked like the same old Rodgers.

-Saints are cute, but the trust factor for me isn't truly there. 

-Rams? Eh?

-Vikings are solid as a rock but do they have enough offense? If they were in a home SB though things might get interesting.

-Eagles got hammered tonight.......can we give the MVP to Brady to save Carson?

And help us if the Cowboys make a late season push too, help us........

On 11/28/2017 at 11:13 AM, chad72 said:

I totally disagree.   The Pats just put the next man up better than any other team.      Whether it is Cooks, Amendola, Gronk, Hogan, Burkhead, White or even Dorsett, the Pats will give Brady plenty of options. 

5 hours ago, Jules said:

-NFC South is a mad house

5 hours ago, Jules said:

-Panthers hanging tough in the race.

Yeah.. thanks for beating my bandwagon :(.. it looked like they were gonna make the comeback, Just way too many turnovers..

5 hours ago, Jules said:

Go. Away. Dallas.

Yeah.. they are looking pretty good now. 

Oakland-I don't understand what happened to them.

Seattle-at home and the get Zeke back.

Philly.. could be down their MVP QB

23 hours ago, Jules said:

-RIP Eagles

The Eagles are not dead yet. Nick Foles does not need to win games by himself.

-Rams are sneaky......

They will win the NFC West. The Seahawks are fighting for a wild card spiot.

-NFC South is a mad house

Marcedes-Benz parking only at Bank of America! (See what I did there?)

-Falcons have the Saints number maybe so lets see in a few weeks what happens when they meet again.

The Falcons have to sweep the Saints to say they have their number.

-Panthers hanging tough in the race.

Green Bay is getting Aaron Rodgers back just in time to play spoiler.

-Go. Away. Dallas.

The Cowboys are a bigger longshot to get in than the Packers and Seahawks.

Color coded for each team. Let me know if you like that.

20 hours ago, JaguarsWoman said:

Color coded for each team. Let me know if you like that.

Oh very nice coloring, very clever. I don't have the patience to ever do that. :)

You aren't wrong, now that the dust has settled on the Wentz injury I am curious to see how they do with Nick Foles. I always liked Foles a bit......

AND if the Packers do get Rodgers back and get in, I am going to be all over that bandwagon hardcore.