Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Starting to hate TD celebrations

coltsfeva

22 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

There's a double standard with QB's. More is expected from them. A wideout could get away with the superman routine, but it's a bad look for a franchise QB. Fair or unfair... life isn't always fair

That's true.  Cam's problem is that he's Superman when he's winning but he's got a towel over his head not talking when he's losing.  He comes across as immature when he does that.  Maybe learn how to be a better sport.

On 11/12/2017 at 12:56 PM, coltsfeva said:

Is anybody else getting tired of the TD celebrations? Hide and seek? I guess I’m getting old but it just seems so juvenile to me. And I’m starting to see coregraphed celebrations on non - TD plays.

Saw a piece on Barry Sanders and one on Fitzgerald. They hand(ed) the ball to the ref. Imagine that. Marvin Harrison did the same thing. 

I love the athleticism, artistry and the chess match involved with pro football. But it seems you have to weed through the egos and nonsense involved with the game today.

When we were kids, the coach told us to 'act like we'd been there before'.

"Over exposure" is the new demon in all sports. All in the name of network media profits.

They are allowed team celebrations when there is something other than a score now like a turnover and the cameras are right there .

The media covers how they dress to show up for a game, what type of shoes, what type of hat, what type of tie.

We concentrate on players comments on all the social medias like Twitter and Facebook seven days a week.

Meaningless interviews on the field and after the game, "What are you going to do in the second half coach?"

The coaches can't get to the locker room at halftime without being stopped to be asked stupid questions they are forced to answer. "What are you going to do in the second half coach?"

Thousands of sports medias all over the world cover football.

Fans flock to players with their smartphones so they can been seen  in pictures with a "star".

It is the new Hollywood and everyone is a superstar.