Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Harbaugh would have lots of suitors if he returned to the NFL [Merge]

superrep1967

10 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jim-harbaugh-would-have-plenty-of-interest-if-he-sought-coaching-return-to-nfl/

I'd like to see Harbaugh with the Colts next season. What does everyone else think?

I'm sorry but your title to the thread is misleading.  The article does not mention him having interest.

• 21isSuperman changed the title to Harbaugh would have lots of suitors if he returned to the NFL
41 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

CBS Sports really went out on a limb there. I never would have guessed Jim Harbaugh would have tons of suitors in the NFL.

This is indeed surprising. I wonder... if Bill Belichick quit the Patriots, would he have a lot of suitors? I mean, he's kind of a grouch, so I don't know...

The last thing the Colts need is a cry baby, unstable boy whose source of advice is California Dial-A-Psychic for only $1 a minute. He is in college ball for a reason like Alabama's HC. Who care if he was a QB for the Colts? How many former NFL players have held up a SB trophy as head coach in the NFL?

On 11/13/2017 at 5:51 PM, King Colt said:

The last thing the Colts need is a cry baby, unstable boy whose source of advice is California Dial-A-Psychic for only $1 a minute. He is in college ball for a reason like Alabama's HC. Who care if he was a QB for the Colts? How many former NFL players have held up a SB trophy as head coach in the NFL?

He is quite volatile.  I remember a report from a 2016 game against Ohio State, that I just looked up:

McCray later said Michigan's players would back up Harbaugh on what he said, but it's notable when teenagers and 20-somethings are more measured than their 52-year-old coach.

On 11/13/2017 at 5:51 PM, King Colt said:

While I certainly agree that Harbaugh is a bit of a headache to deal with, let's not act like he's an awful NFL HC.  He took the 49ers to the Super Bowl and came very close to winning it.  If he were interested in returning to the NFL, I imagine multiple teams would want to hire him.

I will never understand how some people will say Jim Harbaugh is just a College Coach. When he took over in SF they were a mess, in his first season the 49ers turned into a powerhouse and lost in OT in the NFC Title Game with Alex Smith at QB. His team then was a play away from winning the SB with Kaep at QB the next season. The 49ers have sucked eggs since he left. Imagine what he would do with Luck?

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 5:51 PM, King Colt said:

Tony Dungy.

23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You should've just said Chuck Knoll, at that point you could've dropped the MIC lmao He won 4 SB's.

Yeah I could have added Kubiak, McCafferty, Landry, Shula, Flores, Ditka, Cowher and Payton to the list but it would have made King Colt look very foolish.

King goofed. Tons of players have held up the trophy from the sidelines. It's HoF players who rarely win SBs as coaches. Meanwhile I haven't looked it up but I would bet that every coach not named Marv Levy and Bud Grant who has been to 3 straight Championship Games eventually won a SB.

Now count how many head coaches have come and gone since the first Super Bowl compared to the number of names given here. The ratio or percentage disqualifies the notion that a former QB or player will make a good coach. Without looking it up I would guess that non-quarterbacks have been more successful and numerous head coaches than QBs. 

8 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Now count how many head coaches have come and gone since the first Super Bowl compared to the number of names given here. The ratio or percentage disqualifies the notion that a former QB or player will make a good coach. Without looking it up I would guess that non-quarterbacks have been more successful and numerous head coaches than QBs. 

You are grasping now. Just quit.

3 hours ago, King Colt said:

I don't care if the number is negative 400. A guy who went to a SB, 3 straight NFCGGs plus an 8-8er in 4 years is a potential SB winning head coach who could have an NFL job the day after week 17 ended if he wanted. 

9 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Is there ANY indication at all that Harbaugh would leave Michigan for ANY reason. ?

I agree. Why should he? He is control at Michigan and he wouldn't have that here. He is making the money of a NFL coach already.

No one is doubting or arguing his history with the 49ers but there were reasons he was let go. It takes a personality that works well with others to continue to work in the NFL. Thus the problems with the front office of the 49ers. There have also been reports he treats NFL players like they were college players and some of the veterans have even went as far as saying he treats them like children. That works at the college level but not the NFL.

Look, I like Jim but IMO his personality is more suited for the college level.

Anyway...Harbaugh will get the itch to win the chamionship in the highest level of football in the world 1 day. They all come back atleast once. His Wolverines are still on the rise so it won't be anytime soon though. 

I wouldn't want him in Indy if I were a Colt as long as I have Luck though. The magic him and Luck had at Stanford is something that can't be duplicated in any other circumstance. You can't just plug it back in.

On 11/17/2017 at 9:58 AM, oldunclemark said:

Is there ANY indication at all that Harbaugh would leave Michigan for ANY reason. ?

Nope this is just clickbait just like Manning running the Browns.

Could it happen? Sure

Is there any real indication it will? No

• 2 weeks later...

I heard on ESPN that Jim Harbaugh after this season with Michigan is considering coming back to coaching in the NFL 

didn't mention any landing spots, but if it's true I'm sure he will have plenty of teams interested. The word is Michigan

is not happy with losing over and over to Ohio St,  and seemed to be insinuating it's on Harbaugh. so maybe the honeymoon is over  in Michigan.

2 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

I heard on ESPN that Jim Harbaugh after this season with Michigan is considering coming back to coaching in the NFL 

didn't mention any landing spots, but if it's true I'm sure he will have plenty of teams interested. The word is Michigan

is not happy with losing over and over to Ohio St,  and seemed to be insinuating it's on Harbaugh. so maybe the honeymoon is over  in Michigan.

Michigan has beat OSU twice since 2001.    They have had troubles long before harbaugh