Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Paganos signature wins

RockThatBlue

3 hours ago, aaron11 said:

i wouldnt call green bay last year a signature win for our coach

we had a lucky kick return that ended up making a difference in a one score game

Why was the kick return lucky and not the product of good coaching?    I'm talking about ST coaching,  but it's someone on Pagano's staff.

We went on the road and beat a better team.    A team with a coach and quarterback that most people think are better than Pagano and Luck.

I don't see why that's not an impressive win?

What specifically makes a Pagano signature win? Honestly, I can't think of a single game we won that made me go "We wouldn't have won this game without Pagano". 

I can certainly think of numerous games that can be used as signature losses.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

2013 over Seahawks

2013 at 49ers (49ers were Very Good to Great that season)

2013 Chiefs in Playoffs

2014 at Broncos in Playoffs

2015 Broncos, Broncos were 7-0 going into that game

-There is 5 off the top of my head.

The 49ers game is probably the best complete game in Pagano Colts history.

1 hour ago, colt18 said:

What specifically makes a Pagano signature win? Honestly, I can't think of a single game we won that made me go "We wouldn't have won this game without Pagano". 

I can certainly think of numerous games that can be used as signature losses.

So when we win you give Coaching no credit but when we lose it's all Chuck's fault. Yeah that makes sense.

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So when we win you give Coaching no credit but when we lose it's all Chuck's fault. Yeah that makes sense.

I can think of plenty boneheaded mistakes that Pagano has made and directly caused us to lose the game, I don't recall any coaching adjustments he's made that caused us to win the game. 

Are you going to answer my question or move the goal posts to fit your narrative?

1 minute ago, colt18 said:

I can think of plenty boneheaded mistakes that Pagano has made and directly caused us to lose the game, I don't recall any coaching adjustments he's made that caused us to win the game. 

Are you going to answer my question or move the goal posts to fit your narrative?

Pagano clearly out Coached Jim Harbaugh in SF in 2013, made huge halftime adjustments against Seattle and Pete in 2013, and he out Coached John Fox at Denver in 2014 in a Playoff game where Luck actually didn't play great. You are not making any sense and it is ridiculous to not give Chuck any credit for wins like I just mentioned -Answering your question. Yet everytime we lose you give him the blame. Yes he has made boneheaded decisions that has cost us games but it's ridiculous to say he hasn't had any signature wins.

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pagano clearly out Coached Jim Harbaugh in SF in 2013, made huge halftime adjustments against Seattle and Pete in 2013, and he out Coached John Fox at Denver in 2014 in a Playoff game where Luck actually didn't play great. You are not making any sense and it is ridiculous to not give Chuck any credit for wins like I just mentioned -Answering your question. Yet everytime we lose you give him the blame. Yes he has made boneheaded decisions that has cost us games but it's ridiculous to say he hasn't had any signature wins.

We blew the Niners out 27-7 in 2013, mainly because of a good running game (Trent Richardson/Bradshaw) and solid pass defense (Kaep finished 13/27, 150 yards, 1 INT ) I don't know how you can specifically say that Pags coaching is the reason we won the game. In that case, any blowout is a signature Pags win. 

Luck balled out and Hilton had 140 yards and 2 TDs against Seattle. What specific halftime adjustments did Pags make?

The only reason we beat the Broncos in 2014 is because Peyton was terrible. He literally could not make the necessary passes, overthrew Sanders 3 times, threw into double coverage instead of running for a first down....the man was booed outta the stadium. How did Pags directly contribute to that?

I need specific adjustments that Pags has made to win the game. Not general statements like "He outcoached John Fox"....I can give you specific plays for my argument, can you do the same for yours?

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You have to understand the age old rule some Colts fans follow dating back to the Manning days.

Colts win its because of the QB.

Colts lose its because of the coach.

The QB never plays a roll in a loss and the coach never plays a roll in a win.

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

2013 over Seahawks

2013 at 49ers (49ers were Very Good to Great that season)

2013 Chiefs in Playoffs

2014 at Broncos in Playoffs

2015 Broncos, Broncos were 7-0 going into that game

-There is 5 off the top of my head.

So, with Pagano being the defensive stud. Would some of these shootouts rate as a signature win or bailed out by the offense????

1 minute ago, MPStack said:

So, with Pagano being the defensive stud. Would some of these shootouts rate as a signature win or bailed out by the offense????

With most teams the QB and Coach get most of the credit for wins and losses. In Indy like 8818 Posted most of our fanbase has always gave most of the credit to the QB really even going to back Harbaugh in 1995.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

With most teams the QB and Coach get most of the credit for wins and losses. In Indy like 8818 Posted most of our fanbase has always gave most of the credit to the QB really even going to back Harbaugh in 1995.

In the future please don`t bring up 1995. It`s the last time I recall the Colts had a very good defense.

29 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

It's strange that when the Colts lose it's Pagano's fault but when they win he has nothing to do with it.

Things like this is called being narrow minded.

He's supposed to be the defensive mind. That's what he was brought to Indy for. Unfortunately, he`s been anything but that. 

1 minute ago, MPStack said:

He installed the Tampa 2 defense. I can do this all day, but I won`t.

How many years did the Colts have a top 10 defense when he was here? Yes he installed the Tampa 2 but it was not successful. The Colts defense gave away so many playoffs wins it was a joke.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

How many years did the Colts have a top 10 defense when he was here? Yes he installed the Tampa 2 but it was not successful. The Colts defense gave away so many playoffs wins it was a joke.

I completely agree with you about Dungy and the defense. I`ve said, it many times, I think Dungy is overrated. The Colts should have had multiple Lombardi trophies.

14 minutes ago, MPStack said:

I completely agree with you about Dungy and the defense. I`ve said, it many times, I think Dungy is overrated. The Colts should have had multiple Lombardi trophies.

I don't think Dungy was over rated as a head coach but him bringing his defensive ideas were lost in Polian's draft picks making Manning what he was. Yes we had Freeney and later Mathis but the rest as a whole was never that good as a unit.

Way too many times the offense set this team up to win but the poor defense and especially the special teams play couldn't hold. We sure got a lot of wins in regular seasons but way too many heart breaking losses in the playoffs.