Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Steelers Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

Hi, Colts fans!  :)  Our Indianapolis Colts  begin the second half of their 2017 NFL regular season, as they host the visiting, and AFC North diviision leaders at 6-2, Pittsburgh Steelers a LOS (the building)  tin today's 30th all-time meeting, including 24 regular season, and 5 postseason games.

Jacoby Brisset and backup Scott Tolzien will lead the Colts at QB  the rest of the 2017 NFL regular season after Andrew Luck was placed on season ending injured reserve because of his slow-healing shoulder injury following surgery, dating back to December 2016.

Indianapolis will try to both defeat Pittsburgh for the first time since the Colts started playing their games at Lucas Oil Stadium in 2009.  Colts last home win over the Steelers was 12 years ago, when Indianapolis defeated Pittsburgh 26-7  at the RCA Dome, back on November 28, 2005.  Colts also has won only  one of the seven previous meetings beginning with the 2005 AFC  Wild Card Playoff Game in January 2006, and are on  current five-game losing streak with the Steelers entering today.

Peyton Manning threw the game winning, 17-yard  touchdown pass to Dominic Rhodes for the Colts with 3:04 remaining in the fourth quarter, along with  an Adam Vinitieri PAT, to defeat the Steelers 24-20, for the Colts last regular season victory, and played at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh, back on November 9, 2008.

Colts are technically,  and still mathematically,  alive for a Wild Card Playoff berth  despite their 3-6 record, one record better than the 0-9 Cleveland Browns, but  after 10 weeks are 2 1.2 games behind the Wild Card.    Andrew Luck's  absence from as an active player and on the playing field, and injuries within the team are major reasons the Colts have their current record as the start Week 10 game action, of the NFL's enduring 16-game regular season.

Indianapolis also have a daunting task to defeat Pittsburgh today as the Colts  have only won 6 of the previous 23 games since the rivalry began 67 years ago, when the Steelers defeated the Baltimore  Colts 17-7, in both teams first regular season meeting, played at Forbes Field in Pittsburgh, back on November 12, 1950.

Colts were also 0-5 to the Steelers in   AFC Playoff games, in 1975 and 1976 during the Bert Jones era, 1996, and 2006.

NO injuries, go for win #4 before your start your bye week, and  in front of  your Colts fans,  continue to stay Colts Strong, defeat the

Steelers Nation present at LOS, and LET'S GO COLTS!    :cheer: :coltslogo:  :1colts:  :colts:  :coltshelmet: :coltslogo:   :cheer:  :rock:

Colts Vs. Steelers Pre Game Press Release, Team Injury Report, And NFL's Salute To Service Links:

http://prod.static.colts.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/gamereleases/2017/gamerelease-reg10.pdf

http://www.colts.com/team/injury-report.html

http://www.nfl.com/salute

Colts Vs. Steelers Live NFL Game Centers, and NFL On CBS Primary Single Header Game In Red:

http://www.colts.com/team/game/2017/regular10

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2017111203/2017/REG10/steelers@colts#menu=gameinfo&tab=preview

http://www.506sports.com/

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Nadine said:

just back from the gas station.  It was full of Steelers fans.

ugh

Sorry to tell you this, my friend, but in case you haven't traveled a lot, this is the case all around the country.  Steelers fans have outnumbered any other team for YEARS!  They truly deserve the title of "America's Team".

Ugh...is right.

4 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Thanks again for startingus off on a good foot, LOS.

Myrtle Beach representing!!

Hopefully every player for the Colts shows up as well.  This could be a big game for us if we hold it close.  Don't even have to win...just stay close.

Go COLTS!  All day, every day!!

Quality not quantity :P