Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New England (- 7.5) at Denver (11-12-17)

oldunclemark

27 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's not Brock's fault they are losing tonight, it's the SPTeams we all know that. Brock doesn't put any fear into the Pats though nor does any of the Denver QB's on that Roster.

Yes it is, you need glasses. Man, people will argue about anything on here. This is what I Posted earlier. Just because I said Brock doesn't put any fear into the Pats doesn't take away from my first sentence. By the way Brock doesn't, I am not insecure about anything he just isn't that good. Having said that it is not his fault Denver is losing tonight, which I said earlier.

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Denver is hurting at inside linebacker.....Everyone attacks them there..

..and they seem afraid to blitz Brady...and you have to

41-16 now...This is a very good night for the NE offense

The SPTeams set the tone tonight and put Denver in a hole they couldn't dig out of. Until Denver gets a QB that is Good though they wont make the Playoffs for a few years. KC and the Raiders both are better.

2 minutes ago, JCPatriot said:

Speaking of having no business being in primetime, who's looking forward to Giants/Redskins on Thanksgiving night?!

Most people will be in a turkey induced coma it might be a good thing to have that on

I watched the Celtics but not the Patriots. Celtics are pure NBA defensive beauty with my favorite coach in sports.

Patriots just are........well has Brady retired yet? Nope. He still looks 30. Sigh. I don't get it, I really really don't. Most 40 year olds ache and stuff and decline. 

1 minute ago, Jules said:

I watched the Celtics but not the Patriots. Celtics are pure NBA defensive beauty with my favorite coach in sports.

Patriots just are........well has Brady retired yet? Nope. He still looks 30. Sigh. I don't get it, I really really don't. Most 40 year olds ache and stuff and decline. 

Pats are going to Repeat though, not sure Boston can take LeBron out??

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pats are going to Repeat though, not sure Boston can take LeBron out??

Long ways to go in the NBA.Long ways. But the Celtics have some hope this year since the defense is #1 and dominant. And Kyrie is one of the best playoff scorers around. But anything that can save me from having to see the Cavs smashed up in the finals again is good for me despite loving Lebron.

Pats repeating is what most of us think will happen but pretend won't happen so we try to ignore the fact that the scenario is on the table for the best bet. Screw that.

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

Long ways to go in the NBA.Long ways. But the Celtics have some hope this year since the defense is #1 and dominant. And Kyrie is one of the best playoff scorers around. But anything that can save me from having to see the Cavs smashed up in the finals again is good for me despite loving Lebron.

Pats repeating is what most of us think will happen but pretend won't happen so we try to ignore the fact that the scenario is on the table for the best bet. Screw that.

I have already accepted it regarding the Pats haha. I am impressed regarding the Celtics, Stevens may be the best Coach in the League. They are without a doubt LeBron's strongest comp in the East. I had them winning the East before the season but Hayward got injured.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have already accepted it regarding the Pats haha. I am impressed regarding the Celtics, Stevens may be the best Coach in the League. They are without a doubt LeBron's strongest comp in the East. I had them winning the East before the season but Hayward got injured.

If the NBA has it their way, it will come down to Lebron vs. Kyrie for a real series in the playoffs. And I might be insane to say this, I would bet right now Kyrie shows up bigger than Lebron does. And I also think right now Kyrie cares more than Lebron does about his new team than Lebron does about the Cavs.

In the AFC, well you never do know. Later on the Chiefs or Steelers could get the breaks in the playoffs but that has to be seen to believed.

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yes it is, you need glasses. Man, people will argue about anything on here. This is what I Posted earlier. Just because I said Brock doesn't put any fear into the Pats doesn't take away from my first sentence. By the way Brock doesn't, I am not insecure about anything he just isn't that good. Having said that it is not his fault Denver is losing tonight, which I said earlier.

Like I said...so insecure

10 hours ago, buffalo34 said:

I like how every car commercial shows off the car's automatic braking and all of them show the car slamming its brakes on because the driver is distracted and isn't paying attention to the road and doesn't see someone in the road. Are they all saying "For those who can't keep their eyes on the road while driving, this car's for you"?

It seems that way. They're showing how some people are bad drivers and never should have gotten a license in the first place. Instead of promoting safe driving, the commercials are promoting that poor driving is OK as long as you have an automatic braking system.. That sends a wrong message. No wonder there are so many * drivers around. 

Starting to come together for NE. That was probably their most complete game of the season. It still baffles me as to why no one in the NFL seems to spend much time working on special teams. The muffed punt, blocked punt, return TD by Lewis, and the 12 men on the field penalty on Denver were huge, momentum-swinging plays. 

16 minutes ago, GoPats said:

It still baffles me as to why no one in the NFL seems to spend much time working on special teams.

Been asking this question for the past 15 years. Why no one else in the NFL throw a million 5 yard outs. Why no one else in the NFL takes away your best threat. Why no one else in the NFL use motion every play. Why no one else in the NFL can QB sneak for 3 yards on 4th and short. Why no one else in the NFL plays with only 4 down line men. 

We just aren't that good. 

35 minutes ago, GoPats said:

Starting to come together for NE. That was probably their most complete game of the season. It still baffles me as to why no one in the NFL seems to spend much time working on special teams. The muffed punt, blocked punt, return TD by Lewis, and the 12 men on the field penalty on Denver were huge, momentum-swinging plays. 

Yes solid game by the Pats against the Broncos, time will tell to see how good the Broncos are this year, but still a solid win against a to date solid team and in a location which is our house of horrors.  

Be nice to keep it up.  It is Nov. and typically when BB and the Pats start to role with their players in place and we know who we are as a team.  Nice to get a win under our belt in Mexico this weekend.

I think that away MNF against Miami then away Pitt might be the toughest stretch left with that Pitt game being a huge game.  Both teams have same record  with only 7 to play, with that game being a two game swing, might be tough for the loser to overtake the other for seeding purposes.  

Nice to get over our 2-2 start and be on a little roll.

20 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Been asking this question for the past 15 years. Why no one else in the NFL throw a million 5 yard outs. Why no one else in the NFL takes away your best threat. Why no one else in the NFL use motion every play. Why no one else in the NFL can QB sneak for 3 yards on 4th and short. Why no one else in the NFL plays with only 4 down line men. 

We just aren't that good. 

i agree with all of your points.  It might be a preference thing and maybe a personal thing (don't the horses).  But i like what we do. 

Also, for what it is worth we tend to place starters, sometimes valuable starters, on special teams.  Which is good, Burkhead made the block, but at times one can get injured, Gronk on PAT as he is great blocker.   

44 minutes ago, Yehoodi said:

i agree with all of your points.  It might be a preference thing and maybe a personal thing (don't the horses).  But i like what we do. 

Also, for what it is worth we tend to place starters, sometimes valuable starters, on special teams.  Which is good, Burkhead made the block, but at times one can get injured, Gronk on PAT as he is great blocker.   

Well valuable starters for you guys is anyone who puts on the jersey lol. Burkhead was really nobody. But your guys are always in the right position to thrive. 

Atleast the guy catching the football needs to not be a scrub. At 1 time the best skill player on the team returned punts, sometimes kickoffs (kickoffs used to be 1 way tickets to the injured list). Then when the injury bug hit to many times they had guys like Tamarick Vanover and Devin Hester who aren't HoFERs but definitely not scrubs. I wouldn't go any farther down on the chart than that if I were the coach.

6 hours ago, GoPats said:

The number 1 seed is pretty much New England's to lose at this point. The rocky start in September, like 2014, is now a thing of the past. Don't see anybody threatening on the schedule for them, and before you say the Steelers, the Patriots will probably sleepwalk through them. I figured everything would magically string together for the Patriots after the Panthers game and that seems to have happened.

I did write the AFC off to the Patriots before the season started. Again, that looked shaky the first month, but they seem to be proving me right again.

So now some random NFC team will probably cough up the Lombardi right into New England's lap again come February.

I disagree.

First repeating a SB is hard in it's own right.

The Steelers are still good and what NE has done in the past to them doesn't count now.

Then you have two sleepers in Jax and Tenn. Both with good D's especial Jax.

Then if you get to the SB you'd have to beat one of 4 (7-2) NFC teams with NO looking good.

And comebacks of the likes of down 28 to 3 are not the norm either.

NE has a chance but so don't a few other teams...

I'm not feeling the Steelers at all. I did feel good about some of the upset specials but the Jags, Chargers, and Bills yesterday aren't beating NE. 

The Bills were just as clueless yesterday. That was the game I had on between the Jags/Chargers. The Bills gave it to the Saints by biting on 3 screen passes every drive, then not wrapping when they still could have tackled the guy before the sticks. 

16 hours ago, buffalo34 said:

The number 1 seed is pretty much New England's to lose at this point. The rocky start in September, like 2014, is now a thing of the past. Don't see anybody threatening on the schedule for them, and before you say the Steelers, the Patriots will probably sleepwalk through them. I figured everything would magically string together for the Patriots after the Panthers game and that seems to have happened.

I did write the AFC off to the Patriots before the season started. Again, that looked shaky the first month, but they seem to be proving me right again.

So now some random NFC team will probably cough up the Lombardi right into New England's lap again come February.

Well they have to stay ahead of KC since they lose the head-to-head matchup in that one, but the game in Pittsburgh will be a big one. I think it's week 15. With the way they've been playing on the road these past two seasons (interestingly enough, their only losses have been at home), I'm not as concerned with HFA, but it would still be nice to have everything go through Gillette in the playoffs. 

On 11/13/2017 at 11:58 AM, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Well valuable starters for you guys is anyone who puts on the jersey lol. Burkhead was really nobody. But your guys are always in the right position to thrive. 

I think it helps that we have all of the pieces to the puzzle.  The more pieces one has, well good players, the more likely a player from another team will do well.  Burkhead can get some holes and the D has to cover Gronk, Cooks, Amendola, etc.

Also, i think which helps, and one things i love about the pats, is the fact that they only ask what folks can do well and focus on these things, so Burkhead will only be placed in given situations where he will thrive, and thus, sometimes will not be in the playbook every week.  

The pats tend not to run, just throw the player out there and we just run a given offense or defense, the Pats will tailor their play calling to the talents of the players. 

20 hours ago, buffalo34 said:

Buffalo 34.  You may be right, hopefully we can make the playoffs.  We got the divisional games in front of us and we need to take care of them.  If we make the playoffs, it is single elimination.  That game in Pitt is going to be big.  Be nice to get a bye, we will see.  

Be nice to see Buffalo make the playoffs and i am rooting for them. Good luck. 

Oh, btw, Buf 34.  I always enjoy your posts regarding the Pats and we think you would fit in well as a Pats fan.   Have you ever thought of coming over and joining us as a Pats fan?  If you only knew the enjoyment and power of being a pats fan . . . . 

come join us we would love to have you as a Pats fan . . . we are taking recruits this Friday, I can put in a good word to the Captain. :)

On 11/13/2017 at 8:35 AM, teganslaw said:

It seems that way. They're showing how some people are bad drivers and never should have gotten a license in the first place. Instead of promoting safe driving, the commercials are promoting that poor driving is OK as long as you have an automatic braking system.. That sends a wrong message. No wonder there are so many * drivers around. 

Our fellow Americans, who we depend on to keep the country going.

6 hours ago, Yehoodi said:

Buffalo 34.  You may be right, hopefully we can make the playoffs.  We got the divisional games in front of us and we need to take care of them.  If we make the playoffs, it is single elimination.  That game in Pitt is going to be big.  Be nice to get a bye, we will see.  

Oh, btw, Buf 34.  I always enjoy your posts regarding the Pats and we think you would fit in well as a Pats fan.   Have you ever thought of coming over and joining us as a Pats fan?  If you only knew the enjoyment and power of being a pats fan . . . . 

come join us we would love to have you as a Pats fan . . . we are taking recruits this Friday, I can put in a good word to the Captain. :)

Buf 34 might even be too positive for us Pats fans :)

Typical quote "Great..they left 50 seconds left..watch Brady go score a TD now for the win"  lolk

5 hours ago, -JJ- said:

Buf 34 might even be too positive for us Pats fans :)

Typical quote "Great..they left 50 seconds left..watch Brady go score a TD now for the win"  lolk

Yah Buf 34 is perhaps . . . 

And Lets not forget . . . 

"oh gees the AFC just gave the Pats two byes to the SB"

"watch the opposing QB (or Coach) cough up a fur ball and blow the game for an easy Pats win"

"the pats will make player X into a super star and only having to give up a 7th round pick for him"

"my cousin could make the pro bowl playing QB for the pats"

just to name a few . . .:)

12 hours ago, Yehoodi said:

Nah, I'd never jump over. Most of my remarks about the Patriots come from just watching them the past 15 years. I'm not exactly proud of saying that the Patriots would win when they went down 28-3 in the Super Bowl and repeating it throughout the game, but the game thread is still here.

The Bills won't make the playoffs either. They're in midseason form now and they're falling apart after a good start. All of a sudden our wins against the Raiders, Broncos, and Falcons no longer look impressive with two of those teams faltering and the Falcons still suffering PTSD from that Super Bowl. Once the Bills get a spotlight shown on them they start crumbling. After the Chargers game this Sunday (which is our most winnable game in the next 3 weeks) we have the Chiefs and Patriots so things are going to get real ugly real fast. The Chiefs game is in Kansas City too so it'll be watching a murder live.

They wasted 5-1, 5-2, and 5-3 starts in 2008, 2011, and 2014. 2014 was the toughest once since we were 5-3, coming off a bye, playing Kansas City, and then fumbled a ball while running into the end zone which would've put us up by 14 and would've likely put the game away the defense was playing. The Chiefs then come back and win, the Bills lose in Miami the following Thursday, and in a matter of days we went from 5-3 to 5-5 and never recovered.

4 hours ago, buffalo34 said:

They wasted 5-1, 5-2, and 5-3 starts in 2008, 2011, and 2014. 2014 was the toughest once since we were 5-3, coming off a bye, playing Kansas City, and then fumbled a ball while running into the end zone which would've put us up by 14 and would've likely put the game away the defense was playing. The Chiefs then come back and win, the Bills lose in Miami the following Thursday, and in a matter of days we went from 5-3 to 5-5 and never recovered.

I hate the world/NFL has for the Bills is the complete opposite of the Patriots. Maybe you should just jump ship. Heck we all should. All players should too! Lets just call it, the NFP!

I feel bad for Buff34. Pats have tormented the league since 2001 but especially his team. At least our Colts beat them in 2006 on the big stage and won a SB to finish. Buffalo has had the worst luck of any team in NFL History IMO. Lose 4 straight SB's and lose one because of a FG kicker. Those Bills teams from 1990-1993 are special but no SB ring so that in itself for a Bills fan is just pukey sick - if that is a word. That is why I am thankful for my 1 Ring as a fan because nothing is a guarantee. Sometimes teams or players just don't get the Ring = Bills in the 90's from 1990-93, Eagles in the 2000's from 2001-2004, Dan Marino, etc.. One thing nobody can take away from the Colts is our Ring in 2006 going through Ray Lewis and Tommy Brady. Best team maybe ever assembled was the 1998 Minnesota Vikings and the Falcons beat them in the NFC Title Game, serious crap happens when that happens.

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I feel bad for Buff34. Pats have tormented the league since 2001 but especially his team. At least our Colts beat them in 2006 on the big stage and won a SB to finish. Buffalo has had the worst luck of any team in NFL History IMO. Lose 4 straight SB's and lose one because of a FG kicker. Those Bills teams from 1990-1993 are special but no SB ring so that in itself for a Bills fan is just pukey sick - if that is a word. That is why I am thankful for my 1 Ring as a fan because nothing is a guarantee. Sometimes teams or players just don't get the Ring = Bills in the 90's from 1990-93, Eagles in the 2000's from 2001-2004, Dan Marino, etc.. One thing nobody can take away from the Colts is our Ring in 2006 going through Ray Lewis and Tommy Brady. Best team maybe ever assembled was the 1998 Minnesota Vikings and the Falcons beat them in the NFC Title Game, serious crap happens when that happens.

Didn't the Vikes go to 4 SBs too without a win under Tarkenton ?

No doubt the Steelers stopped the NFC in 4 SBs too