Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New England (- 7.5) at Denver (11-12-17)

oldunclemark

8:30 p.m. Al Michaels, Cris Collinsworth and Michele Tafoya on NBC

Mid-40s and clear ...over-under 44.5 at the Mile High Stadium in Denver

.....Its now or never for the Broncos..after a 3-1 start, 5th consecutive loss and Denver will be deeper in jail than LaVar Ball's kid

The 'prodigal son' ...QB  Brock Osweiler wil try to save the Denver season and he needs more help from RB CJ Anderson (116 carries, 482 yards) and Jamaal Charles (54 carries, 236 yards)

OLB Von Miller (8 sacks) has to put the heat on the patriot passing game,and the Broncos 'No Fly Zone' cant get air-raided like they were last week in Philadelphia

New England old timer 'Shady' Tom Brady (206 of 309, 2,541 yards, 16 TDs, 2 INts) will have newcomer WR Brandon Cooks (33 catches, 563 yards) ready to roll with big, bad Rob Gronkowski (34 catches, 509 yards) ...Pats have 5 of their next 6 on the road....

Broncos have lost four in a row by 10 points or more but the spread still surprises me.. I know that only the Indiana Hoosiers basketball team took a worse Horsewhipping in their last game than Denver did.  But I'd stay away from this game altogether

You cant give the Broncos 7.5 points at home and the over-under is shaky..Too easy to kick field goals here

1 minute ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Oh well. we'll watch the NFC tear each other up. the pats get the swiss cheese afc. then will get lucky against someone in the super bowl..

I wasn't really looking too forward for football before the season since I already wrote the AFC off to the Patriots...my guess was shaky the first few weeks but they essentially have a one-way ticket to the Super Bowl again....

1 minute ago, buffalo34 said:

I wasn't really looking too forward for football before the season since I already wrote the AFC off to the Patriots...my guess was shaky the first few weeks but they essentially have a one-way ticket to the Super Bowl again....

Same here. The "number 1 seed" got lucky in Indy today.. smfh

I like how every car commercial shows off the car's automatic braking and all of them show the car slamming its brakes on because the driver is distracted and isn't paying attention to the road and doesn't see someone in the road. Are they all saying "For those who can't keep their eyes on the road while driving, this car's for you"?

19 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

I like how every car commercial shows off the car's automatic braking and all of them show the car slamming its brakes on because the driver is distracted and isn't paying attention to the road and doesn't see someone in the road. Are they all saying "For those who can't keep their eyes on the road while driving, this car's for you"?

Ha ha.  Yeah.  Not quite the same, but there is an app called Grammarly that they advertise on youtube a lot.  The ads show people making obvious grammar mistakes that a fourth grader should recognize and then the app flags the error and corrects it for you.  The voiceovers say things like, "For that college paper that you just have to get an A on, for the cover letter for your dream job, etc., etc."  Every time I see one of those ads, in my head I think it should end with....

Grammarly:  Because Learning to Write is Just Too Hard

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Cant argue....27-9

I actually think it's funny because I used to frequent the Broncos website a lot in 2015 and they didn't appreciate Peyton at all as a fanbase. Saying stuff like good riddance when he retired, saying they could've won with any QB in 2015 (which they wouldn't of with Brock against the Pats in a Title Game situation), saying they will be better without Peyton. How's that working out Bronco fan hahalmao ?Broncos on their way to a stellar 12-13 record since Peyton retired with that fabulous Defense and crappy slew of QB's they have put out there the last 2 years.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I actually think it's funny because I used to frequent the Broncos website a lot in 2015 and they didn't appreciate Peyton at all as a fanbase. Saying stuff like good riddance when he retired, saying they could've won with any QB in 2015 (which they wouldn't of with Brock against the Pats in a Title Game situation), saying they will be better without Peyton. How's that working out Bronco fan hahalmao ?Broncos on their way to a stellar 12-13 record since Peyton retired with that fabulous Defense and crappy slew of QB's they have put out there the last 2 years.

They are better right now than they would be with Peyton right now.  He's just not an NFL caliber QB any more.  That's not a knock on him.  Almost anybody his age would no longer be an NFL caliber QB.  Their problem isn't that Peyton retired.  Their problem is the problem that almost any team that wins the Super Bowl faces.  They couldn't keep their core in place.  They don't have the defense that they had then, so they're not as good now.  Peyton wouldn't have fixed that.

3 minutes ago, JCPatriot said:

They are better right now than they would be with Peyton right now.  He's just not an NFL caliber QB any more.  That's not a knock on him.  Almost anybody his age would no longer be an NFL caliber QB.  Their problem isn't that Peyton retired.  Their problem is the problem that almost any team that wins the Super Bowl faces.  They couldn't keep their core in place.  They don't have the defense that they had then, so they're not as good now.  Peyton wouldn't have fixed that.

I agree but Denver fans thought they would still be great after Peyton was my point. Yes Peyton was on his last leg and needed to retire but a majority of their fanbase thought they could just plug in anyone last season and now and still dominate. They were wrong.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree but Denver fans thought they would still be great after Peyton was my point. Yes Peyton was on his last leg and needed to retire but a majority of their fanbase thought they could just plug in anyone last season and now and still dominate. They were wrong.

If they had been able to keep the defense in place, they probably would have been able to.  Pretty much anybody could have told you that would be difficult to do, though.  Of course, Broncos fans are going to see it through homer glasses and think that it won't affect them.  That's natural.  Super Bowl champions almost always lose major impact players, though.  I agree with their basic point, though, that losing Peyton was not going have a big impact on their team.  That doesn't mean that they don't need a good QB, though.  The 2015 Broncos were the anomaly, not the rule.

They had Ossy plugged in but he took the money over in quarterback wasteland. And here's what will really get people here ruffled, he's played perfectly tonight. They did score a TD on their opening posession (looks like ya'll went to bed lol) but the Pats have been getting 6 and 7 yards on first down runs all night and have gotten FGs even when they didn't get TDs. It might have really been over in the 2nd QTR. Pats are back on the field so here we go.

2 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

They had Ossy plugged in but he took the money over in quarterback wasteland. And here's what will really get people here ruffled, he's played perfectly tonight. They did score a TD on their opening posession (looks like ya'll went to bed lol) but the Pats have been getting 6 and 7 yards on first down runs all night and have gotten FGs even when they didn't get TDs. It might have really been over in the 2nd QTR. Pats are back on the field so here we go.

It's not Brock's fault they are losing tonight, it's the SPTeams we all know that. Brock doesn't put any fear into the Pats though nor does any of the Denver QB's on that Roster.