Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Richard Sherman Torn Achillies....out season.

dgambill

8 hours ago, Jules said:

Exactly. Thats why I think people lose interest more then "other" factors we can't discuss here.

Look at all these big names here gone already. I mean did anyone care much about MNF this week with the Rodgers less Packers looking pathetic? I didn't.

Even losing Sherman and Watt on defense is a big blow for fans.

If all we have to look forward to is the stupid Patriots people will lose interest nation wide. We need the Eagles to keep dominating and a few other teams to keep it interesting for Super Bowl contenders.  It's as if we almost are begging the Chiefs to win the AFC or will get desperate enough to hope for the Steelers.

I know people cry about the NBA stuff too but the Cavs have sucked so far this year, the Celtics are shocking everyone and are not unlikable IMO and the Warriors are dominant indeed but their dominance has not been "that" long really in the number of years. And Curry and Durant are both hugely popular players. And we got the Lakers/Lonzo stuff to follow and even the Pacers are doing OK without Paul George.

I am more into the NBA easily this year since there are more interesting story lines IMO.

Such an accurate post. 

The IR team is really looking like it could take home a Lombardi.

And every year, we see the teams that started off so hot; giving us so much hope. They just  crash down to earth midway through the season giving way to yet another predictable AFC run for "yours truly" like you said. The Chiefs scampered their way out of it. The Steelers?!  BAHAHAH! The Bills crapped their pants on that ungodly TNF slate. The Raiders never showed up this year. Texans lost their super hero. The AFC is literally warming up the red and blue chairs, up in the stadium that "owns 6 states" for another Super Bowl run. Oh great such a compelling story amiright? 

The NBA has been more interesting the last couple years. IMO the "superstar affect" works on me. I can watch the Bucks play the Pelicans, all because I get to watch The Greek Freak, Boggie and the Brow. That's compelling enough for me. And like you said The Warriors have been good for 5 mins. Call me in 10 years. Meanwhile we've had a ticketing system in the NFL. Since I have been able to know what football is (96) we've had what 5 teams represent the AFC in the Superbowl? Since 2001 If you won a Superbowl and your last name wasn't Brady, Manning, or Roethlisberger, raise your hand...what do we have 4 guys? 

Okay sorry, rant over. lmao

9 hours ago, Jules said:

I agree about Manning and the league missing him.

Wentz even runs some Bible study group in Philly. He could be "that guy" for the wholesome NFL image if they build it up.

He's pretty popular though already, I think he is right? I mean the Eagles fanbase can be weird so I don't always know.

I know some Eagle fans, and Wentz is very popular. I've heard that the Philly press (which is critical of almost everything) praises Wentz. He's already been mentioned as a likely MVP candidate, even though it's early. 

8 hours ago, Roger said:

The NFL needs to grow its market every year.  * off one quarterback or one half of your fans, you can't grow.  Injuries are not the reason, player protests are.

You can feel interest down here in Indy...and Green bay fans are just in a coma.

The Packers are very hard to watch.....so weak on offense...

..and Houston is that to the 10th degree....

...and the kicker is that all 2 are losing

Winning is what its all about..fans watch if their team is winning

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

You can feel interest down here in Indy...and Green bay fans are just in a coma.

The Packers are very hard to watch.....so weak on offense...

..and Houston is that to the 10th degree....

...and the kicker is that all 2 are losing

Winning is what its all about..fans watch if their team is winning

Yeah Packers fans have disappeared. Losing Rodgers was devastating but we feel their pain. Not having Luck sucks!