Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Ballard and trades

So far, Dwayne Allen has yet to catch a pass. Josh Mcdanials is saying he is more valuable than just a pass catching TE. So far, it's looking like Ballard knows what he's doing when it comes to cutting a player loose. If I remember correctly, the Colts were saying much of the same thing when explaining Allens lack of production. To put things into perspective there, Allen had 45 catches his rookie season, and only 80+ the following 5 seasons. 

Phillip Dorsett. He has done better than Allen so far in terms of production (4th string WR) but it hasn't been a loss for the Colts. 

The reason i bring these two players up is because it just goes to show me personally, that if Ballard decides to trade a player, I'm going to at least initially trust that decision. Even if it is the high and mighty, T.Y. Hilton. 

Allen:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/Bolt/Dwayne-Allen-still-has-the-faith-of-the-New-England-Patriots-coaching-staff-110066974/Amp

Dorsett:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nesn.com/2017/11/phillip-dorsett-finally-settled-in-with-patriots-ready-for-bigger-role/amp/

Ehh Dorsett and Allen where obvious to Colts fans as players who where not making very important contributions to the team in comparison to their salary/draft status. 

Hilton on the other hand has been Luck's favorite target and we are still as far as I know planning on Andrew Luck quarterbacking this team again.  Getting rid of Hilton would be a bad move and I'm not going to trust that it's a good move just because Ballard made a couple of obvious trades.  

Ryan Grigson made a good trade giving up a 2nd for Vontae Davis.  He then made a lousy trade giving up a 1st for Trent Richardson.

3 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

So far, Dwayne Allen has yet to catch a pass. Josh Mcdanials is saying he is more valuable than just a pass catching TE. So far, it's looking like Ballard knows what he's doing when it comes to cutting a player loose. If I remember correctly, the Colts were saying much of the same thing when explaining Allens lack of production. To put things into perspective there, Allen had 45 catches his rookie season, and only 80+ the following 5 seasons. 

Phillip Dorsett. He has done better than Allen so far in terms of production (4th string WR) but it hasn't been a loss for the Colts. 

The reason i bring these two players up is because it just goes to show me personally, that if Ballard decides to trade a player, I'm going to at least initially trust that decision. Even if it is the high and mighty, T.Y. Hilton. 

Allen:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/Bolt/Dwayne-Allen-still-has-the-faith-of-the-New-England-Patriots-coaching-staff-110066974/Amp

Dorsett:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nesn.com/2017/11/phillip-dorsett-finally-settled-in-with-patriots-ready-for-bigger-role/amp/

Why even bring up talk of a trade for TY?  The deadline has come and gone.

TY isn't going anywhere. I don't care if you think he's not a number one. He is the only reliable receiver we have. He stays healthy and when his quarterback is healthy, he straight produces. 

WR is already going to be a need this offseason. No need to make it even more of an issue.

13 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

TY isn't going anywhere. I don't care if you think he's not a number one. He is the only reliable receiver we have. He stays healthy and when his quarterback is healthy, he straight produces. 

WR is already going to be a need this offseason. No need to make it even more of an issue.

Exactly plus If we get a big WR TY will just get better 

1 hour ago, Luck 4 president said:

The great thing is both of those trades were against the patriots who normally receive trades heavily in their favor. In fantasy it's called trade rape and Ballard seems to be good at it

Trade rape?  I have been playing fantasy football for 24 years and I never heard the term.

12 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Why even bring up talk of a trade for TY?  The deadline has come and gone.

I know. It's not really about TY as much as it's about who ever Ballard decides to trade, I will initially trust his judgment because he has only shown that he knows who to get rid of. I was only using TY as an example. If that were to happen, I would have trusted it was best for the Colts. It didn't happen. So that's what's best for the Colts. 

I am liking the decisions of Ballard thus far. Are we due for a mishap? Hope not.