Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My Pre-Combine Mock

This is my pre-combine mock draft for the Colts.... with a 2nd round trade down. I'll probably do another one during the week before the draft when we have a better idea of some of these guys' changing draft grades, our compensatory picks and whatever free agent movement that might take place.

For now, here they are.....

#1 - QB Andrew Luck - Stanford

#34 - Traded to Buffalo for the Bills #42 and #105 overall picks

#42 - CB Stephon Gilmore - South Carolina

#65 - NT Alameda Ta'amu - Washington

#97 - OG Amini SIlatolu - Midwestern State

#105 - DE Trevor Guyton - Cal

#128 - ILB Mychal Kendricks - Cal

#161 - OT Matt Reynolds - BYU

#191 - OLB Tyler Neilsen - Iowa

UDFAs

SS Kelsy McCray - Arkansas St.

FB Emil Igwenagu - UMass

WR/PR T.J. Graham - NC State

ILB Garrick Williams - Texas A&M

TE Rhett Ellison - USC

CB Micah Pellerin - Hampton

RB Lennon Creer - LA Tech

Ta'amu seems to be turning up in more and more mocks. I would love it if we could get him in the third round.

Yep.... I know that he may or may not be there, but i think it's more likely he'll be there at #65 than for Dontari Poe to be available at #34. I'd love to be wrong about this.

But as of right now.... i don't think Poe will escape the 1st round.... namely Pittsburgh at #25.

This is my pre-combine mock draft for the Colts.... with a 2nd round trade down. I'll probably do another one during the week before the draft when we have a better idea of some of these guys' changing draft grades, our compensatory picks and whatever free agent movement that might take place.

For now, here they are.....

#1 - QB Andrew Luck - Stanford

#34 - Traded to Buffalo for the Bills #42 and #105 overall picks

#42 - CB Stephon Gilmore - South Carolina

#65 - NT Alameda Ta'amu - Washington

#97 - OG Amini SIlatolu - Midwestern State

#105 - DE Trevor Guyton - Cal

#128 - ILB Mychal Kendricks - Cal

#161 - OT Matt Reynolds - BYU

#191 - OLB Tyler Neilsen - Iowa

UDFAs

SS Kelsy McCray - Arkansas St.

FB Emil Igwenagu - UMass

WR/PR T.J. Graham - NC State

ILB Garrick Williams - Texas A&M

TE Rhett Ellison - USC

CB Micah Pellerin - Hampton

RB Lennon Creer - LA Tech

I would rather keep the 34th pick rather than have 42nd and 105th. The earlier you pick, the better the chance your player develops into a star as in theory they are more talented. If anything, I would make moves to get more earlier picks than later.

I would rather keep the 34th pick rather than have 42nd and 105th. The earlier you pick, the better the chance your player develops into a star as in theory they are more talented. If anything, I would make moves to get more earlier picks than later.

It depends on who's on the board at #34. If someone like NT Dontari Poe or OG David DeCastro are on the board at #34 then I absolutely agree with you on keeping the pick and taking one of them.

But unless a "best of breed" player at a position we need falls to our spot and represents an irresistible value, I don't consider an 8-pick drop to be a drastic trade down and the extra 4th rounder could help. Sometimes value and need dictate a trade down.

Likewise.... if a player we want shows up at #28-33 and a trade up is not too expensive then that's an option too.... as you suggested.

Of course, all of this depends on Grigson, Telesco and Pagano's draft board. (boy did THAT ever feel weird to type!)

It depends on who's on the board at #34. If someone like NT Dontari Poe or OG David DeCastro are on the board at #34 then I absolutely agree with you on keeping the pick and taking one of them.

But unless a "best of breed" player at a position we need falls to our spot and represents an irresistible value, I don't consider an 8-pick drop to be a drastic trade down and the extra 4th rounder could help. Sometimes value and need dictate a trade down.

Likewise.... if a player we want shows up at #28-33 and a trade up is not too expensive then that's an option too.... as you suggested.

Of course, all of this depends on Grigson, Telesco and Pagano's draft board. (boy did THAT ever feel weird to type!)

I agree with you. Mannings contract and the rest of free agency will of course have huge impact on draft board. Will expose the location and size of our holes

If Barron, Sanu and Poe aren't avaliable (very likely) then I might be in favor of dropping back, if one of them are available they have to be the pick. I'd love to get Ta'amau in the 4th round, although I've seen some recent mocks that have him late 2nd early 3rd. Other than that solid mock, I'd love to get Gilmore in the 3rd