Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The New York "not playing football" Giants

Jules

These guys are a new kind of awful. I mean sure, the Browns/49ers are winless. But the Giants........you have to watch them closely to believe it.

First off, since Coughlin left these guys look like they don't care at all. They somehow made the playoffs last year and partied in Miami before the game.

The new head coach looks like some sort of clueless drunken frat leader.

Eli Manning has this "nobody is home" look that is worse than ever before.

It's just.......mind numbing. These guys somehow managed to once shock the 18-0 Patriots and now they are floundering around out there like a fish out of water.

They are just so pathetic.

CT5PNpZUkAAqvk-.jpg

202.jpg

23 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I guess every team is different every year..

...but they get whipped hard in both lines

They look pathetic. I mean sure they got a win and a few other teams don't even have a win. But I still think the Giants are the biggest joke since we are used to the Browns being bad and the 49ers have been bad for a while now.

Giants made the playoffs last year.

I saw the game when it was 48-10 and half the stadium was gone.

And I am sure people still want Eli in the HOF since he got flukey SB wins over the Patriots by the skin of his teeth and good defenses on the Giants those years.

Eli sucks. Peyton was always the only good Manning at QB.

I think you are correct J girl. Even associating them with the SB teams is an insult to those teams though. Sure they have the same quarterback and a couple other guys, but a couple is about it. This is a new era of Giants football, perhaps a long and dark one.

That brings me to the Texans and the heap of garbage I just saw on NBC that was worse than any Bob Costas or Cris Collinsworth rant they've ever thrown at us. They're going over the Colts and Texans, and they called what happened pretty accurately (the tough start for the Texans, the Hilton play, then the comeback), then they show the Bill O'Brien rant then they cut to Dungy and Harrison. They go...SIGN KAEP SIGN KAEP SIGN KAEP!!! 

What??? I know Savage stinks but was that really his fault at the end? Was Savage not the guy who got them into a position to win after the bad start? O'Brien claimed not calling the timeout was the right call. I'd be willing to bet that he was in Savage's ear telling him not to call timeout but anyway before all this he had this year's excuse built in when Watson went down. He's a worse coach than Macadoo.

4 hours ago, Jules said:

These guys are a new kind of awful. I mean sure, the Browns/49ers are winless. But the Giants........you have to watch them closely to believe it.

First off, since Coughlin left these guys look like they don't care at all. They somehow made the playoffs last year and partied in Miami before the game.

The new head coach looks like some sort of clueless drunken frat leader.

Eli Manning has this "nobody is home" look that is worse than ever before.

It's just.......mind numbing. These guys somehow managed to once shock the 18-0 Patriots and now they are floundering around out there like a fish out of water.

They are just so pathetic.

CT5PNpZUkAAqvk-.jpg

202.jpg

That guy at the top not only beat the Pats once but twice in the SB, he looks high as a kite lmao Jordan looks like he's crying haha 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That guy at the top not only beat the Pats once but twice in the SB, he looks high as a kite lmao Jordan looks like he's crying haha 

The Giants D both times beat the Pats more IMO then Eli ever did. 

Eli wasn't responsible for all of this:

gettyimages-79496903.jpg?w=625

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He might not be high; it's probably just  a side effect from watching the Giants' defense on the field..lmao

8 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

I think you are correct J girl. Even associating them with the SB teams is an insult to those teams though. Sure they have the same quarterback and a couple other guys, but a couple is about it. This is a new era of Giants football, perhaps a long and dark one.

That brings me to the Texans and the heap of garbage I just saw on NBC that was worse than any Bob Costas or Cris Collinsworth rant they've ever thrown at us. They're going over the Colts and Texans, and they called what happened pretty accurately (the tough start for the Texans, the Hilton play, then the comeback), then they show the Bill O'Brien rant then they cut to Dungy and Harrison. They go...SIGN KAEP SIGN KAEP SIGN KAEP!!! 

What??? I know Savage stinks but was that really his fault at the end? Was Savage not the guy who got them into a position to win after the bad start? O'Brien claimed not calling the timeout was the right call. I'd be willing to bet that he was in Savage's ear telling him not to call timeout but anyway before all this he had this year's excuse built in when Watson went down. He's a worse coach than Macadoo.

Savage had no one open for most of the game...He just couldn't make plays with his legs. Kaep wouldn't really help anyone right now...think of this. 49ers just traded for Jimmy G and they won't play him til week 11 at the earliest they said. It takes a ton of time to learn the playbook. If you have guys that have spent all off-season in the season your not going to sit them for a new guy unless they are a total scrub. Savage just didn't get help today.

6 minutes ago, Jules said:

The Giants D both times beat the Pats more IMO then Eli ever did. 

Eli wasn't responsible for all of this:

gettyimages-79496903.jpg?w=625

Eli made some incredible drives and throws in those games...He didn't win them on his own but it was a team effort.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Savage had no one open for most of the game...He just couldn't make plays with his legs. Kaep wouldn't really help anyone right now...think of this. 49ers just traded for Jimmy G and they won't play him til week 11 at the earliest they said. It takes a ton of time to learn the playbook. If you have guys that have spent all off-season in the season your not going to sit them for a new guy unless they are a total scrub. Savage just didn't get help today.

I am surprised the Texans didn't utilize Miller more. He usually clowns on us.

Eli made some incredible drives and throws in those games...He didn't win them on his own but it was a team effort.

He did but it helped it was low scoring in that SB in 2007. If the Pats blew the roof off scoring like most expected, I doubt Eli gets his moment. Instead Brady was stuffed most of the game.

I don't even honestly remember the 2011 SB that much. I kinda didn't care as much since the 2011 Pats had a horrible defense and the Giants were some 9-7 team. 

2007 was a bigger deal.

5 minutes ago, Jules said:

He did but it helped it was low scoring in that SB in 2007. If the Pats blew the roof off scoring like most expected, I doubt Eli gets his moment. Instead Brady was stuffed most of the game.

I don't even honestly remember the 2011 SB that much. I kinda didn't care as much since the 2011 Pats had a horrible defense and the Giants were some 9-7 team. 

2007 was a bigger deal.

Oh certainly...no doubt but Eli went on a tear both playoff runs and made big plays....that throw to Manningham in 2011 was maybe the greatest throw I've ever seen. All I'm saying is he looks like he is asleep most of the time but when he gets on the big stage he wakes up.

Put both Mannings together and you have the greatest qb of all time...playoff Eli and regular season Peyton = BOAT lol!!

4 minutes ago, Jules said:

2007 was a bigger deal.

2007 was a gigantic deal, Pats were going for 19-0. That would've been a history changer.

Oh certainly...no doubt but Eli went on a tear both playoff runs and made big plays....that throw to Manningham in 2011 was maybe the greatest throw I've ever seen. All I'm saying is he looks like he is asleep most of the time but when he gets on the big stage he wakes up.

Sadly for Eli, he may never get to the big stage again. Yeah showing up a few times vs. the Pats was fun as hell for us all, but you have to show up more often in other years too.

It's 2017 and Eli is still living off of 2007 and 2011. 

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

Sadly for Eli, he may never get to the big stage again. Yeah showing up a few times vs. the Pats was fun as hell for us all, but you have to show up more often in other years too.

It's 2017 and Eli is still living off of 2007 and 2011. 

Those runs...beating Green Bay at lambeu etc...He out played Rodgers...He was huge.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Those runs...beating Green Bay at lambeu etc...He out played Rodgers...He was huge.

It's just not gonna happen tonight. I am not getting up on an Eli nostalgia love train. I am not in the mood tonight.

kn.gif

I know he had his moments but this year is just so painfully pathetic. I turned it on today and see a half empty Giants stadium and the score 48-10.

The Giants are so bad this year they make the Colts look good.

It’s actually baffling, considering how well they performed last season. Meanwhile, the Jaguars of all teams are thriving under Coughlin’s leadership and eye for talent. I still don’t know why the Giants let him go. 

On 11/6/2017 at 12:52 AM, Qwiz said:

It’s actually baffling, considering how well they performed last season. Meanwhile, the Jaguars of all teams are thriving under Coughlin’s leadership and eye for talent. I still don’t know why the Giants let him go. 

I warned people here that Coughlin could take that talented lineup and do what they haven’t before... learn how to finish/win.  If they get a better QB... lookout AFC South / NFL.  Titans and Colts could be scratching to keep from being in the division cellar.

13 hours ago, PeterBowman said:

If it wasn't for Cleveland they'd be there worst team in the league....they still might be...at least Cleveland seems to play hard.

I sincerely think they actually are the worst team in the league. That win against Denver has no meaning now. The 49ers meanwhile were just having bad breaks left and right. It was only a matter of time before they finally got the win. 

We could be seeing a 1-15 Giants team this year. Heck it's now a huge possibility they end up #1 overall in the draft.