Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 Mock Drafts - List yours / comment on others

I was bored and ready for this season to be over.  Get a coach that knows how to coach, and not rah-rah.  I did 3 versions on Fanspeak.  

1st - General needs

1 - OG       Q. Nelson ND

2 - EDGE  O. Okoronwko OK

3 - LB        R. Smith UGA

4 - OC       F. Ragnow AR

5 - CB       A. Averett Bama

6 - LB/S    T. Scales IU

7 - WR      A. Lazard Iowa St

Synopsis:  Nelson gives the OL the mauler the team has been missing for years, his attitude and temperament should infect the other OL.  Okoronwko gives a rusher to pair w/ Basham, we need a better pass rush to give LBs and CBs help.  Smith can do it all.  Scales I see as a LB/S hybrid to cover TEs.  And Lazard has size and potential, one of these tall WRs has to pan out eventually, right?

2nd - Highest rated

1 - EDGE  B. Chubb NCSU

2 - CB       D. Ward Ohio St

3 - S          M. Allen PSU

4 - RB       R. Penny SDSU

5 - LB        J. Jewell Iowa

6 - CB       J. Toliver LSU

7 - WR      C. Thompson Toledo

Synopsis:  This mock was done picking the highest rated on list, regardless of position or need, just to see the results.  Chubb is almost an elite pass rusher (I'll leave that to the experts).  Ward, Allen, and Toliver to shore up our backfield considering Davis' skills are deteriorating.  Penny has size and speed to compliment Mack.  Thompson has size and potential as a 3rd or 4th WR. 

3rd - Difficult setting, very OL centric

1 - OG  Q. Nelson ND

2 - OG  B. Price Ohio St

3 - LB   R. Smith UGA

4 - RB   B. Scarbrough Bama

5 - CB   D. Nichols USF

6 - OT   A. Corbett Nev

7 - OT   C. Madison WSU

Synopsis:  I know most of you will say I'm crazy for taking so many OL, but I have ZERO faith in ANY lineman other than Kelly.  We need young blood with mean streaks that will dominate the men in front of them.  Nelson is a beast!  Price is very good.  Smith and Nichols to help the D a little, I think we need to give our new additions from this year at least another year before moving on.  Scarbrough is a huge RB with enough speed to be dangerous, pairing him w/ Mack should make the running game better.  We shouldn't rely on Luck to carry the team like Manning had to, we had a running game when Colts won the SB.  

Shred away, guys!  LOL