Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

College Football Playoffs

2 hours ago, JaguarsWoman said:

The initial CFP was released on Tuesday and replaced the AP poll for Top 25 rankings we see on TV each Saturday. The top four are:

1. Georgia

2. Alabama

3. Notre Dame

4. Clemson

http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

That's exactly how I had it. I don't think there is any question about the top 3. Clemson has a better W's. Things are going to change they always do. This is the best Irish team I've seen since 93. 

When you look at Wisconsin's schedule they have no complaints. They could get to the B10 title game with their biggest W being Michigan who isn't currently in the top 25. OSU better be ready to play in Iowa City. 

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would love to see a Final 8 Playoff but you cant do more than that. Alabama will win it all IMO

It'll be expanded to 8 teams one day, IMO. One year there will be a team who won't make it in and the outrage will eventually lead to 8 probably. 

I kind of like just 4 though. But can definitely see it being changed one day 

14 hours ago, MTC said:

Wisconsin is not getting any respect. 

Have you seen who they have beat? They will probably be in the B10 Chamlionship game and their best win will be over Iowa or Michigan at home.  Their non conference games were vs Florida Atl Utah St and BYU.

Can the Badgers go unbeaten and be left out!? I think so They should play someone in non conference but the B10 needs to look at their scheduling  How do the Badgers end up without PSU, MSU, or OSU on their schedule? The conference isn't t helping their cause. Their big road win vs 4-5 Nebraska  They will finish the season not having played a winning team on the road. Try to make a case for Wisconsin it's not easy 

On 11/6/2017 at 9:33 AM, akcolt said:

Have you seen who they have beat? They will probably be in the B10 Chamlionship game and their best win will be over Iowa or Michigan at home.  Their non conference games were vs Florida Atl Utah St and BYU.

Can the Badgers go unbeaten and be left out!? I think so They should play someone in non conference but the B10 needs to look at their scheduling  How do the Badgers end up without PSU, MSU, or OSU on their schedule? The conference isn't t helping their cause. Their big road win vs 4-5 Nebraska  They will finish the season not having played a winning team on the road. Try to make a case for Wisconsin it's not easy 

Wisconsin being unbeaten will not get them in.  I am with you.  You will have three 1 loss teams in the final 4.  One unbeaten will be whoever wins the Georgia/Bama SEC title game.

3 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

Wisconsin being unbeaten will not get them in.  I am with you.  You will have three 1 loss teams in the final 4.  One unbeaten will be whoever wins the Georgia/Bama SEC title game.

Both UGA and Bama may make it in even after the SEC title game. Both will most likely be undefeated when they meet, and unless the SEC title game is a total blow out, its hard to see them keeping a 1 loss SEC team out.

6 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Both UGA and Bama may make it in even after the SEC title game. Both will most likely be undefeated when they meet, and unless the SEC title game is a total blow out, its hard to see them keeping a 1 loss SEC team out.

That what I said.  One will remain unbeaten in the final four.  The other three teams will have 1 loss and Wisconsin regardless will not make it IMO.  I see ND and Clemson staying in the the final 4 as well.  To me nothing will change and you see the playoff teams.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/8/2017 at 4:17 PM, DaColts85 said:

That what I said.  One will remain unbeaten in the final four.  The other three teams will have 1 loss and Wisconsin regardless will not make it IMO.  I see ND and Clemson staying in the the final 4 as well.  To me nothing will change and you see the playoff teams.

Well, some things changed, lol.

So, ND isn't going and even if OSU puts a butt whipping on Wisconsin I doubt they go either.  I am guessing (hoping more than guessing, I guess lol) that Alabama may just miss out this year.  

I want to see the best teams, but it would also be nice to see some different teams for a change.... would love to see Clemson out of there too, but I doubt that happens.

Question:  Didn't the kid from Brownsburg get recruited by Clemson?  I know he isn't playing just wondered if anyone locally knows whats up with him.  Probably redshirt.  I wish him well and hope to see him play sometime in the near future.  Then I could get into rooting for Clemson.

Its probably going to happen but it will not be fair when OSU gets in the top 4 next week. I think they'll beat Wisconsin. But I don't like it. Someone is going to get a top 4 spot stolen from them.  They lost by almost 40 points to freaking Iowa. Ridiculous and not to mention Oklahoma put a beatdown on them as well.

13 hours ago, BR-549 said:

Well, some things changed, lol.

So, ND isn't going and even if OSU puts a butt whipping on Wisconsin I doubt they go either.  I am guessing (hoping more than guessing, I guess lol) that Alabama may just miss out this year.  

I want to see the best teams, but it would also be nice to see some different teams for a change.... would love to see Clemson out of there too, but I doubt that happens.

Question:  Didn't the kid from Brownsburg get recruited by Clemson?  I know he isn't playing just wondered if anyone locally knows whats up with him.  Probably redshirt.  I wish him well and hope to see him play sometime in the near future.  Then I could get into rooting for Clemson.

Things did change, and Wisconsin got in.  I will say if OSU beats Wisconsin and Georgia wins the SEC then you might have Bama and Georgia sneaking back in.  I hope not but you never know.

Hunter Johnson has been on the field a hand full of plays this year for Clemson when Bryant was hurt at the beginning of the year.

15 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Its probably going to happen but it will not be fair when OSU gets in the top 4 next week. I think they'll beat Wisconsin. But I don't like it. Someone is going to get a top 4 spot stolen from them.  They lost by almost 40 points to freaking Iowa. Ridiculous and not to mention Oklahoma put a beatdown on them as well.

It will take a lot for OSU to get in. Clemson and Oklahoma would have to get beat and OSU would have to beat Wisconsin badly for them to even get consideration. Honestly, as big of a Buckeye fan that I am, I would be fine with Wisconsin beating them and taking the 4th spot keeping both Bama and OSU out. Hell, I wish they would make that one of the New Years 6 games, but the B1G and Pac 12 are normally put against one another. 

Any hiccups by the top-4 and the committee will have their excuse to put Bama in.

2 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

It will take a lot for OSU to get in. Clemson and Oklahoma would have to get beat and OSU would have to beat Wisconsin badly for them to even get consideration. Honestly, as big of a Buckeye fan that I am, I would be fine with Wisconsin beating them and taking the 4th spot keeping both Bama and OSU out. Hell, I wish they would make that one of the New Years 6 games, but the B1G and Pac 12 are normally put against one another. 

Any hiccups by the top-4 and the committee will have their excuse to put Bama in.

ahhhhh.... don't say that.  I just bought tickets for my wife and I.  Honestly I am okay with that too because I am really a Purdue fan that likes OSU... go figure.  But, I hate Alabama so I can take a loss so that they stay out.  Sick of them being in the hunt at a minimum every year.

I don't even want to see them New Years, lol.

11 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

ahhhhh.... don't say that.  I just bought tickets for my wife and I.  Honestly I am okay with that too because I am really a Purdue fan that likes OSU... go figure.  But, I hate Alabama so I can take a loss so that they stay out.  Sick of them being in the hunt at a minimum every year.

I don't even want to see them New Years, lol.

Oh trust me I want OSU to win, but if they beat Wisconsin the committee will have their excuse to slide Bama in. It's a down year for both Alabama and OSU, keep them out and square them up in a bowl game. Whatever revenue lost for both of them being out of the CFP will be somewhat gained back if they were to play in a bowl game outside of the CFP.

Again, OSU's only hope is for at least 2 of the current top-4 teams to lose, for them to have any consideration. Even then, that loss to Iowa is too damaging to their credibility this year, and they really shouldn't be considered as a top-4 team.

2 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Oh trust me I want OSU to win, but if they beat Wisconsin the committee will have their excuse to slide Bama in. It's a down year for both Alabama and OSU, keep them out and square them up in a bowl game. Whatever revenue lost for both of them being out of the CFP will be somewhat gained back if they were to play in a bowl game outside of the CFP.

Again, OSU's only hope is for at least 2 of the current top-4 teams to lose, for them to have any consideration. Even then, that loss to Iowa is too damaging to their credibility this year, and they really shouldn't be considered as a top-4 team.

I know .....and I am agreeing with you.

My wife and I went to the Jags game a few weeks ago and well you saw how that turned out.  Was just hoping for OSU to win so that it is more enjoyable, ..... BUT.... even if they win big I don't think they deserve one moment of consideration for the playoffs.

I think they have been overrated all year and I thought that when the season started.  They lost too much from the defense last year to be top four or five.  I think they are ranked a little high now tbh.  

I agree that matchup with Alabama would be a fun one to watch.

9 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Do you live in Ohio or just always been a fan?

1 minute ago, BR-549 said:

I know .....and I am agreeing with you.

My wife and I went to the Jags game a few weeks ago and well you saw how that turned out.  Was just hoping for OSU to win so that it is more enjoyable, ..... BUT.... even if they win big I don't think they deserve one moment of consideration for the playoffs.

I think they have been overrated all year and I thought that when the season started.  They lost too much from the defense last year to be top four or five.  I think they are ranked a little high now tbh.  

I agree that matchup with Alabama would be a fun one to watch.

I'm still not in much favor of Kevin Wilson. JT has his flaws, but a lot of the time the play calling has been absolutely terrible. JK and Mike, in that Iowa game, I believe combined for a total of 11 carries. That is just not acceptable for Ohio State football, especially not with the backs we have. I will say, I'm ready for Haskins next year. I think the kid could be Deshaun Watson special. 

9 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

I'm still not in much favor of Kevin Wilson. JT has his flaws, but a lot of the time the play calling has been absolutely terrible. JK and Mike, in that Iowa game, I believe combined for a total of 11 carries. That is just not acceptable for Ohio State football, especially not with the backs we have. I will say, I'm ready for Haskins next year. I think the kid could be Deshaun Watson special. 

Ii wasn't able to watch the Iowa game... Not sure why at this point, but anyway I am glad i didn't.  JT can get under my skin and I agree Haskins has something that not a lot of kids do.... he looked good last week.

The whole Ohio State/Alabama debacle has made me believe that the College Football Playoffs needs to expand. At least to 6 temporarily. 

Also on a side note: It is so weird that there is no B1G team playing in the Rose Bowl.

3 hours ago, MTC said:

The whole Ohio State/Alabama debacle has made me believe that the College Football Playoffs needs to expand. At least to 6 temporarily. 

Also on a side note: It is so weird that there is no B1G team playing in the Rose Bowl.

I believe with the way the CFP is set up now, that's the maximum number of games they would allow a team to play in a season (2 extra). If there were a 6 team play off, a team could potentially play 3 extra games, which i believe is against the rules of the NCAA currently.

I will say Bama over Clemson because of the revenge factor from last season. Beating Saban 2 years in a row is nearly impossible. Clemson is tough but they were better last season with Watson. The winner of Oklahoma/Georgia will win it all IMO and I will just roll with Oklahoma. I love their Offense.

-Oklahoma over Bama in the Title Game! My take.

1 hour ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

I believe with the way the CFP is set up now, that's the maximum number of games they would allow a team to play in a season (2 extra). If there were a 6 team play off, a team could potentially play 3 extra games, which i believe is against the rules of the NCAA currently.

Even a playin game would be awesome! That would be an extra team. 4 plays 5 around Christmas Eve, then New Years day the Final 4 plays. Then Final 2 a week later. If we had 5 teams we could've watched Bama vs Ohio St leading up to the Final 4.

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Even a playin game would be awesome! That would be an extra team. 4 plays 5 around Christmas Eve, then New Years day the Final 4 plays. Then Final 2 a week later. If we had 5 teams we could've watched Bama vs Ohio St leading up to the Final 4.

I do like the 6-team playoff...

6 vs. 3 and 5 vs. 4...for the right to play 1 and 2...