Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South title: Jaguars or Titans?

JaguarsWoman

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 8:54 PM, dgambill said:

Does it matter...neither are beating the Patriots...discussion moot.

Not so sure on that one.

I don't see them as a lock for anything. Not saying it won't happen or will :)

God forbid even the Bills "could" win Div.

1 hour ago, -JJ- said:

Not so sure on that one.

I don't see them as a lock for anything. Not saying it won't happen or will :)

God forbid even the Bills "could" win Div.

Only if Tom gets hurt somehow. KC hasn't won a home playoff game since Joe Montana, has Pittsburg ever beat NE? Who else could give them a game? They are going to have HFA likely again and I don't see anyone winning there in January.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2017 at 12:10 AM, JaguarsWoman said:

Now that the Texans don't have a decent QB, Pro Bowl LT, or All-Pro DE, they don't belong in any division title conversations. It is a two-team race between the Jaguars and Titans. If you had to pick one, who would you rather win the division, and why? Do you think it is Jacksonville's to lose will go down to the wire? (I will not be offended by anti-Jaguars picks.)

doesn't matter,   neither are getting past the patriots

3 hours ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

Jags in the SB. They made great draft picks and went out an got the needed free agents, The only team who can compete with them next year are the Texans.

On September 10, the Jaguars proved they have a better defense than the Texans and, if Deshaun Watson is out, no disadvantage at QB. The Titans (which many Jaguars fans like to call the Titans because of their stupid logo) still have a competitive advantage over the Texans next year. But I have no doubt 2018 will be year of the Jaguars.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would love to see them beat the Pats or Steelers but it will never happen in the Playoffs. They would get crushed by the Chiefs too IMO.

One year at a time. I am too excited about possibly winning the AFCS for the first time ever to be thinking about who is likely to beat Jacksonville in the playoffs. But FWIW the current playoff picture shows the Bills playing at Duval.

2 hours ago, JaguarsWoman said:

One year at a time. I am too excited about possibly winning the AFCS for the first time ever to be thinking about who is likely to beat Jacksonville in the playoffs. But FWIW the current playoff picture shows the Bills playing at Duval.

I think it's your year to win the Division. No Luck, No Watt or Watson, and the Titans are very consistent. I really have no hate for the Jags so I will root for them in the Playoffs. I cant stand the Pats or Steelers. I do like the Chiefs though.

Where was the Titans much hailed OL when Mariotta got sacked four times by the Steelers. I picked Tennessee to win the division when the season started but the Jags look solid. Who knows? I'll guess the Jags but neither is going to the SB. I think the Steelers have that spot reserved.

37 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Where was the Titans much hailed OL when Mariota got sacked four times by the Steelers. I picked Tennessee to win the division when the season started but the Jags look solid. Who knows? I'll guess the Jags but neither is going to the SB. I think the Steelers have that spot reserved.

Marcus Mariota was sacked five times by a very good defense. Why couldn't Sacksonville do its thing in Week 2?

I 'm never satisfied with just getting to the playoffs, but after 10 seasons without a winning record, I would rather lose a home playoff game than miss out again. GO JAGS!

2 hours ago, JaguarsWoman said:

Of course there is, but that will require some help from other AFC teams such as the Bills, Raiders,  and Ravens.

Bills & Raiders got squashed today. Ravens may be on a run. The Chiefs win their first five then go with four losses of their next five games. Jags should win the AFC South oddly with a QB the Jags will put on a bus at the end of the season. 

3 hours ago, King Colt said:

Bills & Raiders got squashed today. Ravens may be on a run. The Chiefs win their first five then go with four losses of their next five games. Jags should win the AFC South oddly with a QB the Jags will put on a bus at the end of the season. 

Baltimore and Denver won the Super Bowl with below average quarterbacks. I do not think Blake Bortles will earn a Super Bowl ring, but it is true that defense wins championships.

On 11/4/2017 at 12:10 AM, JaguarsWoman said:

Now that the Texans don't have a decent QB, Pro Bowl LT, or All-Pro DE, they don't belong in any division title conversations. It is a two-team race between the Jaguars and Titans. If you had to pick one, who would you rather win the division, and why? Do you think it is Jacksonville's to lose will go down to the wire? (I will not be offended by anti-Jaguars picks.)

I think the Jags defense gives them an edge in my mind.  However, I believe they will not be able to 'hide' Bortles once the playoffs begin.  Playoff games are much different than regular season, and I would trust Mariota over Bortles.  But I like the team around Bortles better than the team around Mariota.  Thus I think either are just a footnote in the AFC playoff picture once the dust settles. It looks like ancient Brady and the hoodie will once again lead the AFC; with Steelers a step behind and the disappointing Chiefs and Raiders much further back.

Personally, i have a preference for neither.  As for the AFC south title, it's the Colts or .... meh...

I agree, Marcus Mariota is noticeably a better QB on multiple levels. Unfortunately for the Titans durability is not one of them. Coaches love to say the best ability is availability and Blake Bortles has that edge. They are both mobile QBs in the pocket who can run for first downs or to keep plays alive with two healthy legs. Mariota's better at decision making and throwing to teammates, but he also has a better offensive line.

You have the Patriots and Steelers backwards. ATM Pittsburgh is #1 and New England is #2. I guess that is a result of their conference records.

That was a sick run Bortles just made to perhaps win the Cardinals game. I know it was just the Cardinals and just Gabbert but they were motivated for this game and came out and hit the Jags in the mouth (which is why I feel sorry for the veterans on that team but that's another post). The Jags found a way to win though, like always. 

12 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

That was a sick run Bortles just made to perhaps win the Cardinals game. I know it was just the Cardinals and just Gabbert but they were motivated for this game and came out and hit the Jags in the mouth (which is why I feel sorry for the veterans on that team but that's another post). The Jags found a way to win though, like always. 

"The Jags found a way to win though, like always". They lost sorry to tell you to Blaine Gabbert lmao. Also they don't always win, they have sucked for years (never have won the AFC South in their history) and are only 7-4 this season. Titans are now 7-4 too and may very well steal the Division because they have the best QB in the Division with Luck out.

-Titans already have beaten the Jags once and that was at Jacks. Titans have more than a 50% chance of winning the Division.