Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South title: Jaguars or Titans?

JaguarsWoman

Now that the Texans don't have a decent QB, Pro Bowl LT, or All-Pro DE, they don't belong in any division title conversations. It is a two-team race between the Jaguars and Titans. If you had to pick one, who would you rather win the division, and why? Do you think it is Jacksonville's to lose will go down to the wire? (I will not be offended by anti-Jaguars picks.)

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only way I give Houston a chance again is if they can regain the defensive form they had last year and in recent years. Maybe they try harder when the QB situation is bad, no idea. But defensively at times this year it's just been confusing to me.

Last year the Texans were pretty scary on D even without JJ Watt. Not sure what happened.

8 hours ago, JaguarsWoman said:

Now that the Texans don't have a decent QB, Pro Bowl LT, or All-Pro DE, they don't belong in any division title conversations. It is a two-team race between the Jaguars and Titans. If you had to pick one, who would you rather win the division, and why? Do you think it is Jacksonville's to lose will go down to the wire? (I will not be offended by anti-Jaguars picks.)

Have to say Jags, that D is unreal. Yet it depends if Marcus starts playing better. I definitely would take Mariotta over Bortles. Both teams need a ring... But honestly I cant picture either team making it to the sb. Anything is possible.... who knows maybe the colts magically run the table and make the playoffs. 

Based on schedule, the Jags. Titans - Mariota needs to get his act together. If he does, then I would have to go with the Titans because I have not seen anything from Bortles differently that he can carry this team if teams gang up on Fournette.

The Jag's D, I hope Marcel Dareus does not mess the chemistry up. Believe it or not, outside London, the Jags have not won a single home game. They are 3-1 on the road, and 1-2 at home with the lone home win coming at London. That should worry me as a Jaguars fan. Plus, you would have to think teams are going to force Bortles to beat them more and more, and that will always be the X factor. 

So, it boils down to

a) whether Mariota plays to his true form this year after their bye week

and

b) if the Jaguars can win home games at a high level

20 hours ago, Jules said:

Only way I give Houston a chance again is if they can regain the defensive form they had last year and in recent years. Maybe they try harder when the QB situation is bad, no idea. But defensively at times this year it's just been confusing to me.

Last year the Texans were pretty scary on D even without JJ Watt. Not sure what happened.

The Texans lost both J.J. Watt and Whitney Mercilus early in the Chiefs game. Brian Cushing was busted for PEDs, so he is out until Week 12.

2 hours ago, lance_m8 said:

Maybe they ring Kaeps phone sooner or later could save their seasons chances

i highly doubt he is the answer, i think he is a below average nfl QB

wouldnt be shocked if they signed him at this point though, but i dont know how that court case would affect things 

10 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Fournette is out today again!!! He has hurt my fantasy team 3 weeks in a row now. :(

I think the Bengals play them closer than we think they will.

You and me both he is my best player I was undefeated going into last week and lost cause he was out on bye 

6 hours ago, aaron11 said:

i highly doubt he is the answer, i think he is a below average nfl QB

wouldnt be shocked if they signed him at this point though, but i dont know how that court case would affect things 

I'm not sure I agree with the below average part but you have ur opinion I have mine he is better than savage

Just now, lance_m8 said:

I'm not sure I agree with the below average part but you have ur opinion I have mine he is better than savage

He would have to learn the offense on the fly.    He hasn't played in a game or practice in a long time.     

Just now, jvan1973 said:

He would have to learn the offense on the fly.    He hasn't played in a game or practice in a long time.     

So putting the season on savages shoulders is a better option than taking a chance on a proven solid QB ? dpnt care either way GO COLTS

31 minutes ago, lance_m8 said:

if teams thought he was any good he would have a job.  mike vick got a job after going to prison and tons of people hate him to this day

the jags owner said he wasnt worried about kaps protests and would be open to signing him, but the teams coaches didnt think he was a good fit

On 11/4/2017 at 12:06 AM, Jules said:

maybe Wilfork's retirement was one of the key reasons

3 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

I don't understand why Yates didn't start

T.J. Yates is worse than Tom Savage and had almost no practice time after being signed last week.

40 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Does it matter...neither are beating the Patriots...discussion moot.

LOL I don't think either team will even meet the Patriots. My question is just about our division, not the whole AFC.

6 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

I don't understand why Yates didn't start

I was thinking about that too. But these are the same guys who had Savage penciled in as the starter over Watson week one so who knows what their reasoning is. 

4 minutes ago, Qwiz said:

I was thinking about that too. But these are the same guys who had Savage penciled in as the starter over Watson week one so who knows what their reasoning is. 

We kind of played spoiler today on you guys because realistically I know without Luck we wont win the Division. Had you guys won today you would've been 4-4 instead of 3-5. I think Jacks is going to win the Division, yep I said it lmao from a man who always picks them to stink haha 

11 hours ago, Qwiz said:

Their reasoning was go with the guy who knows the playbook in Week 1  This time, it was go with the guy who already was on the roster all year.

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We kind of played spoiler today on you guys because realistically I know without Luck we wont win the Division. Had you guys won today you would've been 4-4 instead of 3-5. I think Jacks is going to win the Division, yep I said it lmao from a man who always picks them to stink haha 

Yeah, they could. I still don’t trust them though, even with how well they’re doing. I guess we’ll see. A lot of football left to be played. 

38 minutes ago, JaguarsWoman said:

Their reasoning was go with the guy who knows the playbook in Week 1  This time, it was go with the guy who already was on the roster all year.

Watson has been stellar all season. Clearly he already knew the playbook by week one, and even if he didn’t good coaches can find ways to simplify things for the rookie. Yates has been in this system before and I don’t know how O’Brien got through a week of practice and thought Savage gave this team the best chance to win. Hell, maybe he did. But they signed Yates again for a reason, I’m sure. 

26 minutes ago, Qwiz said:

Watson has been stellar all season. Clearly he already knew the playbook by week one, and even if he didn’t good coaches can find ways to simplify things for the rookie. Yates has been in this system before and I don’t know how O’Brien got through a week of practice and thought Savage gave this team the best chance to win. Hell, maybe he did. But they signed Yates again for a reason, I’m sure. 

Well,   Watson didn't get hurt till Thursday. His options were pretty limited

6 hours ago, Qwiz said:

Deshaun Watson was not great in Cincinnati. He just did enough to win in his first start - and that was against an awful team before Marvin Lewis fired the OC. He really did need a couple weeks to warm up and be a good QB.

4 hours ago, JaguarsWoman said:

Deshaun Watson was not great in Cincinnati. He just did enough to win in his first start - and that was against an awful team before Marvin Lewis fired the OC. He really did need a couple weeks to warm up and be a good QB.

Well he’s still a rookie. None of us expected him to come out and play like Brady immediately. He still should’ve been the starter from the beginning in my opinion. 

18 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

IMO he would've won Rookie of the Year with ease.

Before Week 5 most people said Kareem Hunt is literally running away with the offensive rookie award. The next three weeks, it was either him or Deshaun Watson. Now that Watson is out of the picture, it is Hunt's award to lose.