Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Zeke Elliott

Chrisaaron1023

58 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ezekiel-elliotts-request-for-stay-is-granted-now-eligible-to-play-sunday/

This is getting ridiculous.. I'm sure you guys on here know more about this than I do. Maybe you can help me understand. But this dude keeps pushing off his freaking suspension. I can't cheer for this dude.

Wouldn't you do the same thing?

Zeke is stalling so that the suspension's results do not get implemented till his season is over. Then, it helps him, the team and everyone to plan around a finalized decision, much like with Brady's suspension at the beginning of last year that he fought and delayed the inevitable.

However, based on everything I read, Zeke will either not serve it or serve it with the final decision happening during the season within the next 2 weeks instead of during the off season. If I were him, I'd be available for December for the last 3 games because the Cowboys are good enough to get there even as a wild card. It might help folks that have made the fantasy playoffs too somehow without him. :) 

Ezekial 25-17

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children."

d9e7d3a6aae3bf5ae1d3773a834af7f3460e914d

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Has he been found guilty in his charge? Can’t get suspended till court proceedings are done.

Unfortunately, that is not how the NFL personal conduct policy works. It has been rehashed several times, I am not going into details.

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Unfortunately, that is not how the NFL personal conduct policy works. It has been rehashed several times, I am not going into details.

Don’t need your details. Personally, don’t care. But I find it odd that they would suspend someone then to possibly turn out to be innocent. 

55 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Big Ben would disagree

Did he, I can’t honestly remember. That and I hate the Steelers lol. I do think that is a bad rule if indeed you can be suspended before court verdict. But sadly it’s more about guilty until proven innocent.

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Don’t need your details. Personally, don’t care. But I find it odd that they would suspend someone then to possibly turn out to be innocent. 

59 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Did he, I can’t honestly remember. That and I hate the Steelers lol. I do think that is a bad rule if indeed you can be suspended before court verdict. But sadly it’s more about guilty until proven innocent.

The NFL has their own investigation team.  They determine whether the conduct policy was violated by preponderance of the evidence (> 50.1%, or more likely than not).  The courts use beyond reasonable doubt standard.  The NFL does not have to wait for the courts verdict or use their standard of guilt.  This is in the NFL Perosnal Conduct Policy-

"It is not enough simply to avoid being found guilty of a crime.  We are all held to a higher standard and must conduct ourselves in a way that is responsible, promotes the values of the NFL, and is lawful.  Players convicted of a crime or subject to a disposition of a criminal proceeding (as defined in this Policy) are subject to discipline. But even if the conduct does not result in a criminal conviction, players found to have engaged in any of the following conduct will be subject to discipline.  Prohibited conduct includes but is not limited to the following- "

And the courts have upheld the NFL right to do this, even though the NFLPA goes to court everytime...

27 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I think it was Zeke's second incident as an NFL player while Joe Mixon was already doled out the punishment by the NCAA since his incident happened in college.

The Elliott incident happened in college,   and he was never charged

11 hours ago, will426 said:

I watch football that's all. One week he can play next he can't and repeat it's just annoying sorry my bad

This is what happens when the courts become involved.  But  unless they can prove the NFL violated following their protocols and is biased and purposefully decided to 'railroad' a guy, the precedent is set that the NFL will very likely win. the only thing uncertain... when finality (hard date with no chance to delay any further) is set.

11 minutes ago, Jules said:

Looks like he took the Cowboys offense with him during his suspension.

People complain about our QB's getting knocked around?  That vaunted Dallas O line got Dak Prescott rocked.  Adrian Clayborn personally got 6 sacks on Dak.  No Dallas Cowboy team Ever, Not_Ever, in their existence has allowed more than 4 sacks to a defender.

On 11/12/2017 at 8:07 PM, ColtsBlueFL said:

People complain about our QB's getting knocked around?  That vaunted Dallas O line got Dak Prescott rocked.  Adrian Clayborn personally got 6 sacks on Dak.  No Dallas Cowboy team Ever, Not_Ever, in their existence has allowed more than 4 sacks to a defender.

You should also blame the coaches for waiting so long. Here, we complain about Pagano not making adjustments, Jason Garrett blew it till 6 sacks were already given up.

On 11/12/2017 at 7:53 PM, Jules said:

Looks like he took the Cowboys offense with him during his suspension.

That is why I felt Zeke should have served the first 6 games, he would have then been available for 5 of the 6 divisional games after that. 

10 hours ago, Jules said:

Dallas is most definitely TOAST.

Gone are the days where you could build a team with a Big 3 like Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith and Michael Irvin. That is what Polian started off with too with Peyton Manning, Edgerrin James and Marvin Harrison.

You need to have 2 real good WRs nowadays, even if you have a good O-line and you should be able to have chess pieces for mismatches with the pass catching RBs and TEs. That is why Polian adapted and got Wayne and Clark. The downside is you have to build a defense simultaneously as well.

Cowboys never built a solid defense, so it was all on the offense to control tempo and carry them. Even with Zeke, when the Denver D was cooking earlier this year, when Zeke was stopped, Dak and that offense did not have more than Dez for a play maker to really create much offense. They need a better D, a second Dez and better TE production as well to be a well rounded team, IMO.

13 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

Alfred Morris held his own today, but he can’t take over games like Zeke can. Sad to see the NFL abuse its power. Next up on the NFL’s hit list is Jamies Winston 

The NFL as an entity, is greater than any owner / player, or even the combo.  Not even Robert Kraft / Tom Brady or Jerry Jones / Ezekial Elliott are immune.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/15/jerry-jones-accused-conduct-detrimental-leagues-best-interest

16 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

Alfred Morris held his own today, but he can’t take over games like Zeke can. Sad to see the NFL abuse its power. Next up on the NFL’s hit list is Jamies Winston 

Hit list?  The NFL has had so much negative feed back over the last few years getting accused of being soft or over looking things the players do. It's pretty understandable why they feel the need to protect themselves as far as what the fans think. All of these things the NFLs front office has been doing was all laid out in this last collective bargaining agreement.

Way too many of these NFL players have been catered to most of their lives and have been able to get away with actions regular people would be in trouble for. For every action there is a reaction now that these players are held accountable.

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 3:25 PM, chad72 said:

That is why I felt Zeke should have served the first 6 games, he would have then been available for 5 of the 6 divisional games after that. 

Me too. Jerry Jones was confident and thought his power as one of the top owners would sway what the NFL would do.

Now that Jones didn't get his way he is throwing a tantrum aimed at Goodell. Well all I can say is Jones was one of the owners who hired Goodell so whining now because you don't get your way is just too bad.

ridiculous! The NFL needs to put its foot down and get these suspended players off the field to serve their penalty, so sick of how much of a clown show the NFL is becoming, my kids highschool implements suspension better than the NFL, when your suspended you serve your time, no courts no politics none of that crap, the NFl needs to start looking at the way they did things back in the 70s 80s and 90s compared to today and take a serious moment to think about things, there is a reason this year has the lowest ratings since the botched season in the early 80s

30 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

ridiculous! The NFL needs to put its foot down and get these suspended players off the field to serve their penalty, so sick of how much of a clown show the NFL is becoming, my kids highschool implements suspension better than the NFL, when your suspended you serve your time, no courts no politics none of that crap, the NFl needs to start looking at the way they did things back in the 70s 80s and 90s compared to today and take a serious moment to think about things, there is a reason this year has the lowest ratings since the botched season in the early 80s

While I feel the same way you do, it's not that cut and dried. Everyone has a right to appeal. Add that to the court system and we see the results.

As long as there are lawyers who make money by doing this it will not change.

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 3:50 PM, NewEra said:

Has he been found guilty in his charge? Can’t get suspended till court proceedings are done.

Really? His job has nothing to do with the flag that players disrespect. Goodell makes and breaks players ask Jerry Jones and his Dallas Cupcakes.

8 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Hit list?  The NFL has had so much negative feed back over the last few years getting accused of being soft or over looking things the players do. It's pretty understandable why they feel the need to protect themselves as far as what the fans think. All of these things the NFLs front office has been doing was all laid out in this last collective bargaining agreement.

Way too many of these NFL players have been catered to most of their lives and have been able to get away with actions regular people would be in trouble for. For every action there is a reaction now that these players are held accountable.

Suspending someone for being guilty is one thing and suspending someone just because they can is another. Zeke has tons of proof that she fabricated the whole thing. Even the lead investigator for the NFL told Goodell not to suspend him, and Goodell initially agreed, but he has all the power to change his mind and do what he wants.