Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jimmy Garoppolo traded to the 49ers

RockThatBlue

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Indeee said:

Coincidence??? Colts looking for a 2nd round pick from browns for TY and suddenly the Pats who later in the day rumored to be in talks about TY now has Niners 2nd round pick to use for TY potentially... WOW

If Ballard trades TY for a 2nd round pick, he's worse than Grigson.

Okay, so who is New England's backup? Perhaps the better question is, do they even care? Perhaps they know once Brady and Belichick retire together that the New England dynasty is over, so may as well stockpile picks and hope for the best.

16 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Coincidence??? Colts looking for a 2nd round pick from browns for TY and suddenly the Pats who later in the day rumored to be in talks about TY now has Niners 2nd round pick to use for TY potentially... WOW

OMG please no........please no.......

a9701ef1-2f60-45ec-aea4-46c039478ee8.jpg

I guess when you consider that the niner's 2nd round pick this year is effectively a late 1st rounder plus they are getting Hoyer back (I'm hearing that's a lock), this makes sense. Brady doesn't look like he'll be a guy you can't win with in 3-4 years, so...good luck Jimmy.

23 minutes ago, Jules said:

So now Hoyer is coming back? Interesting.

What is really odd to me is I always thought NE was VERY high on Jimmy G. 

I wonder if behind the scenes Brady didn't like him breathing down his neck. 

Bill would never make a trade based on something like that. In fact, it's common knowledge that he drafted Jimmy G initially to light a fire under Brady, who had had a couple of so-so years (by his standards) leading up to that draft pick.

All I can figure is that Bill must be convinced that Brady can give him 2-3 more years at a level that is good enough that they could keep winning. He may not be a top 3 QB for that duration, but based on what he looks like now it's hard to imagine him dropping out of the top 10 in 3 years, and you should be able to win with a top 10 QB. So there was just no way they could keep Garoppolo, and his value drops at the end of the year when he's a free agent. They got what will likely be the first pick of the 2nd round...so not a bad return.

Just now, Bad Morty said:

Bill would never make a trade based on something like that. In fact, it's common knowledge that he drafted Jimmy G initially to light a fire under Brady, who had had a couple of so-so years (by his standards) leading up to that draft pick.

All I can figure is that Bill must be convinced that Brady can give him 2-3 more years at a level that is good enough that they could keep winning. He may not be a top 3 QB for that duration, but based on what he looks like now it's hard to imagine him dropping out of the top 10 in 3 years, and you should be able to win with a top 10 QB. So there was just no way they could keep Garoppolo, and his value drops at the end of the year when he's a free agent. They got what will likely be the first pick of the 2nd round...so not a bad return.

Brady is like the monster in the horror movie who never dies but keeps coming back. I guess you can take this as a compliment too.

Just now, Jules said:

Brady is like the monster in the horror movie who never dies but keeps coming back. I guess you can take this as a compliment too.

lol...yeah he's one of the most competitive athletes I've ever seen. Whether you love or hate the guy, consider that he's 40 years old, he's got 5 rings, and he's married to a super model who is worth more than even he is. How many of us would be as fanatically driven to continue making the necessary sarifices to continue to play this game in those circumstances?

7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I don't see anything happening with the Colts.

Moving two players, Davis and Gore , who probably won't be back next year seems so obvious when you consider you can get something in return and gain extra cap space.  The only thing that is certain is we will know in less than 24hrs. 

And here I thought the Pats were always set to go from handsome QB to handsome QB.

How could they let that stud go? Sigh, Oh Patriots........you disappoint. Unless this ends up being me when I was high on Brock too and that didn't work out. I don't have the best eye for backup QBs and tend to overly judge on looks. 

I hope Jimmy G ends up being good but the Patriots sent him to NFL hell. :(

Just now, Jules said:

And here I thought the Pats were always set to go from handsome QB to handsome QB.

How could they let that stud go? Sigh, Oh Patriots........you disappoint. Unless this ends up being me when I was high on Brock too and that didn't work out. I don't have the best eye for backup QBs and tend to overly judge on looks. 

I hope Jimmy G ends up being good but the Patriots sent him to NFL hell. :(

Guess TB is gong to do a George Blanda

Pats sent Jamie Collins last year to the Browns and this year Jimmy G to the 49ers.

They have no heart.

:(

Part of me thinks the Pats try to swing a move for another trade before the deadline. Or this has to do with JG also having to get paid next year and the Pats are still very confident in 40 year old yoga/tofu boy.

4 hours ago, Jules said:

So now Hoyer is coming back? Interesting.

What is really odd to me is I always thought NE was VERY high on Jimmy G. 

I wonder if behind the scenes Brady didn't like him breathing down his neck. 

Pats really didn't have much of a chance here. Jimmy is going to be UFA and probably has wanted to start somewhere for a while. Brady is still playing at very high level. Tag for QB is going to be something like 22-23M.

2 hours ago, Jules said:

Pats sent Jamie Collins last year to the Browns and this year Jimmy G to the 49ers.

They have no heart.

:(

Part of me thinks the Pats try to swing a move for another trade before the deadline. Or this has to do with JG also having to get paid next year and the Pats are still very confident in 40 year old yoga/tofu boy.

Tom does Yoga? No wonder why he is Great lmao 

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tom does Yoga? No wonder why he is Great lmao 

Sadly, it is true.

https://www.feelguide.com/2017/01/15/the-tao-of-tom-how-tom-brady-uses-an-80-20-diet-meditation-yoga-one-book-to-age-backwards/

Tom Brady’s health regimen would not be complete without a healthy dose of ancient Eastern wisdom. He is a hardcore lover of yoga, which he gives credit for miraculous mental and physical benefits. “It’s great for flexibility, it’s therapeutic, and great for your attitude,” he tells TheSportster.com. And he also raves about one book in particular, which he has been continuously re-reading for the past 10 years, and which he praises for having completely transformed his life. “I read a pretty cool book about nine years ago that is kind of a mantra for my life. One of the mantras in the book is don’t take things personally,” Brady tells WEEI. Entitled The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom, and written by Don Miguel Ruiz, the book  is “rooted in traditional Toltec wisdom beliefs,” he explains.

I mean it just don't stop. If you read that whole article. I mean omg......

But Tom and Gisele’s favorite personal at-home chef is Allen Campbell. In an interview with FameFocus.com, Campbell reveals, “80% of what they eat is vegetables. [I buy] the freshest vegetables.

Sounds like a blast. 80% of your diet is VEGETABLES.

And here it is, the avocado ice cream.

“For most of the year, Brady is a vegan. In the cold winter months, he adds some lean meat to his diet,” says Pompei. “A typical day’s menu this time of year might include a breakfast smoothie — made with almond milk, a scoop of protein, seeds, nuts and a banana — a mid-morning homemade protein bar, sliced up chicken breast on a salad with whole grains and legumes for lunch, a second smoothie as a snack and a dinner of quinoa with greens.” Brady is also famous for his favorite treat of all time — avocado ice cream (which he shared in the Facebook photo below). 

I can't even..........

:hairout:

Maybe Brady really is the GOAT. He eats and lives like a real "goat."