Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Seattle trades Jeremy Lane to Houston for Duane Brown

RockThatBlue

Great trade for Seahawks. When Jeremy Lane got injured and they got their new CBs playing, especially Shaq Griffin and folks, I felt their pass D was actually better (though they weren't prepared for Watson). So he became a disposable pawn. He is still better than anyone the Texans have, ever since they gave up Bouye to the Jags. That shows how well they develop their secondary and how deep they draft for their secondary, the Seahawks that is.

If anyone should trade for an RB, it would be Seattle, IMO.

2 hours ago, IndyScribe said:

I don't see this trade from the Texans standpoint. Lane isn't good and they finally find a franchise QB. What happens if he gets injured on that side because Brown is gone?

He held out for the first 7 games and they did fine without him.

33 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Trade gets better for Houston. 

Yep. At least RW re-structured, giving them the room, no going back. They did, after all, give up a 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th for Tyler Lockett in the draft, so those guys (Seahawks) go all in if they REALLY want it bad.

9 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yep. At least RW re-structured, giving them the room, no going back. They did, after all, give up a 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th for Tyler Lockett in the draft, so those guys (Seahawks) go all in if they REALLY want it bad.

Huh, don't remember that Lockett trade. How is he doing? I know a lot of people on this board wanted him and thought he'd be a really good player. I don't think the Seahawks are one LT away from a SB, but Brown certainly helps. With the Seahawks tendency to get hot at the right times, their dominant D, and the state of the NFC, the trade would be worth it it if they win a SB. If they don't in the next 2-3 years, the trade won't look good for them.

Just now, IndyScribe said:

Huh, don't remember that Lockett trade. How is he doing? I know a lot of people on this board wanted him and thought he'd be a really good player. I don't think the Seahawks are one LT away from a SB, but Brown certainly helps. With the Seahawks tendency to get hot at the right times, their dominant D, and the state of the NFC, the trade would be worth it it if they win a SB. If they don't in the next 2-3 years, the trade won't look good for them.

Did great in his rookie year. Fizzled out due to injuries lately, now he seems to be back in the fold again.