Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Quincy Wilson..... inactive again

twfish

8 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I can't believe you making that comment. A lot of injuries come on what could be called freaky plays. There are players who have non contact injuries every season and now you are an authority on the subject?

C-mon DD, you know better.

And some get more hurt more frequently on freaky plays than others.  You might call a player like that fragile.  We'll see, never know, but so far his short college and football career has been mired in injuries that keep him from playing.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

You've been trashing the Hooker pick since we made it.    One post after another.

And now this?     Glancing blow?     Chicken leg?

Wow......     Sigh......

Watch the tape.  He got hit in the thigh when the leg was in the air moving up....yet the knee buckled.  Not the stoutest.  Not saying it shouldn't have, but its not a given it would have with other DBs.

Not elite coverage skill, not elite tackling skill, not elite durability...only elite at playing the ball in the air, which does no good against quick paced offenses, yet he was picked at 15, and rated higher. 

The unconditional love bestowed upon him since draft day is quite amazing actually.

And then, as a rookie, while on IR, and after protesting...he comes up with a sportswear logo.   :lol:

9 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

So can you make me a list of rookie players who play his position that have played like a veteran.

His position is one of the hardest positions on the field to learn to play. Most rookies at safety take at least two to three years just to earn a starting spot.

If you knew this you wouldn't be so quick to call him a disappointment. But it seems you don't.

i disagree that safety is one of the harder transitions from college to pros

jamal adams has been good.  i have to go this morning, but i can make you that list later if you really want it

33 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i disagree that safety is one of the harder transitions from college to pros

jamal adams has been good.  i have to go this morning, but i can make you that list later if you really want it

For one thing I didn't say college to pros. I said rookies earning a starting spot. There is a difference.

Let's see your list.

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Watch the tape.  He got hit in the thigh when the leg was in the air moving up....yet the knee buckled.  Not the stoutest.  Not saying it shouldn't have, but its not a given it would have with other DBs.

Not elite coverage skill, not elite tackling skill, not elite durability...only elite at playing the ball in the air, which does no good against quick paced offenses, yet he was picked at 15, and rated higher. 

The unconditional love bestowed upon him since draft day is quite amazing actually.

And then, as a rookie, while on IR, and after protesting...he comes up with a sportswear logo.   :lol:

It only take 25 lbs. of pressure to break a bone or damage a knee when hit in the right spot. It makes no difference if the foot is planted on the ground.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

It only take 25 lbs. of pressure to break a bone or damage a knee when hit in the right spot. It makes no difference if the foot is planted on the ground.

Ok thanks Doc.  Just comparing hits I see and then the commentary thereafter, many blown out knees occur because the leg is planted, unless its chicken-like.

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

For one thing I didn't say college to pros. I said rookies earning a starting spot. There is a difference.

Let's see your list.

list of what exactly?  rookie safetys that have been good?  that wont be hard

do you want a list of rookies that tackle and play the run better than hooker?  that wont be hard either, since he is terrible at it

if we are making a list of rookies that get interceptions but dont do much else, hooker would be right near the top

4 hours ago, DougDew said:

If I am not mistaken, before the freaky injury, where his leg was slammed into on a high impact play (basic physics at work), the rookie was tied for the interception lead in the entire NFL.  He was improving steadily and delivering upon his impact ball hawking reputation.  Hooker was well on his way to living up to both the promise and expectation placed upon him.

14 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

If I am not mistaken, before the freaky injury, where his leg was slammed into on a high impact play (basic physics at work), the rookie was tied for the interception lead in the entire NFL.  He was improving steadily and delivering upon his impact ball hawking reputation.  Hooker was well on his way to living up to both the promise and expectation placed upon him.

Nah.  Watch the tape.  It was high speed, but a bit of a glancing blow.  The WR's momentum was towards the sideline and Hooker's chicken leg did nothing to stop the momentum.  In fact, I think the WR took out other players on the side line like a bowling ball knocking down a bunch of pins.  Unimpeded.

Not disagreeing with facts.  He led the league in interceptions .....when the QB took a 7 step drop, turned, threw, and the ball was in the air about 3 seconds. 

Brady to Edelman takes about three seconds from snap to catch.  No need for an elite centerfielding FS against them.  We need an elite coverer and tackler then.  

6 hours ago, DougDew said:

Ah...

i think i see see what is really bothering you....

1.    He protested.

2.     He had a life outside football and came up with a sportswear logo...

3.     As for everything else, well, I'll just say that I respectfully disagree with most everything you stated....    you and I see most everything very differently...   but that's what makes the world go around...

Nah.  Watch the tape.  It was high speed, but a bit of a glancing blow.  The WR's momentum was towards the sideline and Hooker's chicken leg did nothing to stop the momentum.  In fact, I think the WR took out other players on the side line like a bowling ball knocking down a bunch of pins.  Unimpeded.

Not disagreeing with facts.  He led the league in interceptions .....when the QB took a 7 step drop, turned, threw, and the ball was in the air about 3 seconds. 

Brady to Edelman takes about three seconds from snap to catch.  No need for an elite centerfielding FS against them.  We need an elite coverer and tackler then.  

Man, I just re-watched the video of the injury, pausing and going frame by frame to really see the impact.  The blow on Hooker's knee was brutal.  Sure, at fast speed it looks glancing, but if you frame by frame it, the hit is severe and the leg bends horribly the wrong way as a result of the impact.  Not sure what the heck you are looking at. 

Not many legs can survive that impact ... and the impact of a 200 & something pound player coming in at full speed, no leg is going to stop that monentum.  Of course the guy's body is going to fly through the leg, not noticeably impeded.  Like I originally said, it's pure physics.

A lot of car accidents don't look like much, either, until you look inside the car and see the bodies devastated by the momentum of the crash.  Trying to downplay the accident as being a case of Hooker having weak chicken legs is just entirely, and I mean ENTIRELY, a gross misrepresentation.

Dear God...

3 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

pff had hooker rated as average, in case any one was wondering lol

Average in his first, what 4 or 5 games?  Not too shabby at all for a rookie, who also was tied for the league interception lead during that time.  Average would put him at about better than 50% of the league, give or take a few.

4 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Not too shabby at all for a rookie, who also was tied for the league interception lead during that time.  Average would put him at about better than 50% of the league, give or take a few.

i know, and i dont think he is bad per say, just that he is over rated here 

im worried about his injuries and tackling at this point.  he did have 13 missed tackles in one year of college, that is a lot for a safety or anyone really.  

Hooker was making alot of tackles because the front seven wasn't. As for his knee injury, to call him a "chicken leg" is *ic. Remember E.G. Green? He broke his leg simply because it whipped around a defenders leg as he was being tackled. As for missed tackles, Hooker got hurt on a play 2 Colts had already missed the guy who caught the ball!!!!

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ah...

i think i see see what is really bothering you....

1.    He protested.

2.     He had a life outside football and came up with a sportswear logo...

3.     As for everything else, well, I'll just say that I respectfully disagree with most everything you stated....    you and I see most everything very differently...   but that's what makes the world go around...

Nope.  What's bothering me is what I said.  Not afraid to say it.   

I can see Tiger Woods having a sports logo, like, because he has accomplished something.  

Maybe Malik is just trying to take advantage of a target market and selling himself a certain way.

2 hours ago, Two_pound said:

Hooker was making alot of tackles because the front seven wasn't. As for his knee injury, to call him a "chicken leg" is *ic. Remember E.G. Green? He broke his leg simply because it whipped around a defenders leg as he was being tackled. As for missed tackles, Hooker got hurt on a play 2 Colts had already missed the guy who caught the ball!!!!

Yes I do.  He had chicken legs too.  So does RGIII, who also got whipped.

8 hours ago, rockywoj said:

Man, I just re-watched the video of the injury, pausing and going frame by frame to really see the impact.  The blow on Hooker's knee was brutal.  Sure, at fast speed it looks glancing, but if you frame by frame it, the hit is severe and the leg bends horribly the wrong way as a result of the impact.  Not sure what the heck you are looking at. 

Not many legs can survive that impact ... and the impact of a 200 & something pound player coming in at full speed, no leg is going to stop that monentum.  Of course the guy's body is going to fly through the leg, not noticeably impeded.  Like I originally said, it's pure physics.

A lot of car accidents don't look like much, either, until you look inside the car and see the bodies devastated by the momentum of the crash.  Trying to downplay the accident as being a case of Hooker having weak chicken legs is just entirely, and I mean ENTIRELY, a gross misrepresentation.

I observe that DougDrew now ignores the facts, as conveyed in the above.

9 hours ago, rockywoj said:

Thank you.   

Really appreciate you confirming what most people saw.    It was a nasty looking hit.   I wasn't the least bit surprised when his serious injury was announced.

Glad you saw it too.    Thanks for this post.    :thmup: