Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Houston (+6.5) at Seattle (10-29-17)

oldunclemark

4:05 EST   'Mr. Deep Voice' Kevin Harlan and Rich Gannon on CBS

Mid 50s and cloudy ...at Century Link Field in Seattle,......over-under at 45.5

Another tough test for Houston rookie QB Deshaun Watson (107 of 174, 1,297 yards, 15 Tds, 5 INTs) who has been sacked just 14 times and has run 28 times for 202 yards

Texan WR DeAndre Hopkins (37 catches,. 382 yards) may go head to head with Seattle bad boy Richard Sherman.

Seattle scrambler Russell Wilson (138 oif 217, 1,556 yards, 11 Tds, 3 INTs) will look for Doug Baldwin (36 catches, 376 yards) against the injury weakened Houston defense

Seattle just signed up ancient warrior Dwight Freeney to rush the passer but he'll need to turn back the clock to catch Watson, who has bee QB in four games...where Houston has scored at least 33 points a game.

I'm fighting the thought that Watson is as good as he looks. So many rookies fire up and flame out. Nobody can continue at his early pace With that said. I think he'll put up points here if not the win.....Houston getting 6 1/2 is an OK bet...bt the over at 45.5 seems to be a very good bet

Just now, IinD said:

I hate that Watson looks very good right now.

He has all the tools and could potentially be a thorn in our side for years to come.

yeah,   the kid is better than the hype.  He has weapons too.   Houston is gonna be a rough opponent as long as he is healthy

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

yeah,   the kid is better than the hype.  He has weapons too.   Houston is gonna be a rough opponent as long as he is healthy

Yeah it's definitely looking like Hou got their guy.

Still early obviously, but 5 straight 30 point games for a rookie is great.

28 minutes ago, IinD said:

Yeah it's definitely looking like Hou got their guy.

Still early obviously, but 5 straight 30 point games for a rookie is great.

The Seahawks going into the game today had only given up 9 tds on the season.   Houston has 5 today and the game isn't over

Just now, oldunclemark said:

I admit..I didn't like him coming out..and he is spectacular

by the way Mitch Trubisky was 14 of 32...today

Yeah,   the bears missed big on that.   But mitch doesn't have the weapons Watson does either.     But Watson could make the bears a heck of a lot better than mitchell

22 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Yeah,   the bears missed big on that.   But mitch doesn't have the weapons Watson does either.     But Watson could make the bears a heck of a lot better than mitchell

True I still like Mitch

but seeing them together..Watson is a bigger, faster, stronger version of Russell Wilson with a better arm

He;s more accurate than he was in college and he's very, very calm

He turned it over twice today..but if he throws for 400, he can turn it over twice..

I was 1000% wrong on him and we may be in deep doo-doo facing Houston for the next few years

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

True I still like Mitch

but seeing them together..Watson is a bigger, faster, stronger version of Russell Wilson with a better arm

He turned it over twice today..but if the throws for 400, he can turn it over twice..

I was 1000% wrong on him and we may be in deep doo-doo facing Houston for the next few years

Yeah I agree, they finally got their QB.  Guy has like 470 yards of total offense lol.  Unless the Colts manage to rebuild in a year they're toast vs the Texans.  With Luck around though anything is possible.  

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

True I still like Mitch

He turned it over twice today..but if the throws for 400, he can turn it over twice..

When everyone was having their mock drafts, we had several threads where the Bears had the 2nd pick and I tried taking Watson 2nd but it got deleted because some wanted to take Allen out of Bama in that position lmao How's that look now haha 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Texans are going to smoke us next week. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't put 40 on us. Something like 40-17 lol

Yeah I'm not loving having to play them after this crushing loss.

Watson is going to be a 'pain' (being family friendly here) next week.

14 hours ago, IinD said:

I hate that Watson looks very good right now.

He has all the tools and could potentially be a thorn in our side for years to come.

So did Vince Young...not that we can say they are very much alike but we've seen this story before with many young qbs...come out hot and then cool down very quick once the league gets some tape on them. Young, Sanchez, RGIII, Foles, Winston, even Cam to certain extinct....we raise them up...and the league beats them back down. That all said I do think there is something special in this kid...brains, heart, and talent...I think he has it.