Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can We Get....

A Nose Tackle a Corner and a Guard in the draft that will all be able to step in and contribute. I think these are our 3 most pressing issues. I have seen a bunch of Mocks that have different combinations of players from these positions in the first 4 rounds but I'm wondering where the drop off is.

My Choice, at this time, would be:

Round 2 - Guard Cordy Glen Georgia

Round 3 - NT Alameda Ta'amu Washington

Round 4 -CB Donnie Fletcher Boston College

The questions that I have would be, Can we get these guys at those draft slots? and Would someone like Fletcher be able to contribute right away ( maybe I should say would he be expected to contribute right away) as a nickle at least?

I'm purposely leaving free agency out of the equation for arguments sake. Also I would be in favor of staying away from free agency if we don't bring back Peyton because then we can get a couple extra supplemental picks, save cap space, then, with that cap space, sign a player or two in a couple of years when we are ready to take that final step towards being a SB contender.

Well I would argue that SS should be in consideration too but as for me pesonally, I don't know too much about any safties other than Barron, Harrison Smith, Antonio Allen, and George Iloka (since I'm not a fan of Mark Barron at all I would be ecstatic if we grabbed any of the other three). As far as G's/NT's/CB's go, however, CB is by far the deepest of the three, and can be waited on but it seems as if it is also top heavy and I would like us to go with a corner/safety with our second pick. People on the board have mentioned that there might not be very much of a demand for a NT from other teams in the draft so I'm hoping we can get a steal in the third. Guard is the position I would wait on until maybe the fifth or later if we don't grab one in the second since I would like the fourth to go towards finding another piece for our D.

Gaurd seems to be a fairly deep draft also, so yes waiting until later could be good. I would say we need to go 2nd and 3rd with a NT and SS, in either order. those positions are both shallow this year, so if we want a top prospect we will need to grab early. There are multiple CBs that can be had in the 4th-5th that could step in an play, atleast Nickel very well.

The combo of NT/SS that I like best would be these two based on the rounds drafted:

2nd Alameda Ta'Amu

3rd George Iloka

2nd Harrison Smith

3rd Josh Chapman

NT and CB/S are glaring needs and I think there are a lot of DB's in this draft. I hope the Colts address NT and DB early and often this draft.

Dre K is dropping in a lot of mocks... It would be a coup if he fell and Indy could land Luck and Dre in the first couple rounds..

longshot at best tho...