Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chuck Presser -- Media Pressure Growing

Coltsman1788

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pagano will be here through the end of the season. You can’t attract too many coaches with this team currently and with Luck’s uncertainty.

Pagano will be fired at the end of the season. Luck (hopefully) shows that he’s healthy, and the team will have great draft position. At that point, the Colts coaching position will be desirable.

5 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Pagano will be here through the end of the season. You can’t attract too many coaches with this team currently and Luck’s uncertainty.

pagano will be fired at the end of the season. Luck (hopefully) shows that he’s healthy, and the team will have great draft position. At that point, the Colts coaching position will be deairable.

Which is why Luck will play when he's ready and won't just sit the season.  Everybody involved with the Colts needs to have some confidence he can return to form, to at least do some planning.  If he's still injured or out of shape, then he sits.  But he's not sitting if he can play.

Just now, Coltsman1788 said:

Reporter:  You guys lose big alot...did they fight?

Chuck:  This team always fights.

Reporter: Is the talent that bad or is it coaching?

:lol:

That's funny. The guy basically saying 'is it you causing this Chuck?'

Just now, Aluckiswolverine said:

He looks completely lost, Ballard needs to speak with Irsay and have him put out of his misery. 

He was also visibly flustered.  His go to lines have worn thin and he knows it.  I don't think he believes what he is selling anymore himself. 

THAT

That was hard to watch. Like looking at the aftermath of a bad car wreck. He’s clearly frustrated and his demeanor is that of somone who doesn’t have anymore answers to the issues. I like the how he holds himself accountable, but it’s old and we are way pass that now. 

The rest of the season is going to be “interesting”. In laymen’s terms BAD 

48 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Pagano will be here through the end of the season. You can’t attract too many coaches with this team currently and with Luck’s uncertainty.

Pagano will be fired at the end of the season. Luck (hopefully) shows that he’s healthy, and the team will have great draft position. At that point, the Colts coaching position will be desirable.

Even if Chuck were to be fired mid-season, the team would appoint an interim coach to take over. You don't begin a coaching hunt in the middle of a season.

58 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Which is why Luck will play when he's ready and won't just sit the season.  Everybody involved with the Colts needs to have some confidence he can return to form, to at least do some planning.  If he's still injured or out of shape, then he sits.  But he's not sitting if he can play.

I said the same thing in September...   then sometime earlier this month I began to soften my position.

Now, with the setback to Luck, I've changed.    I don't see him returning until the bye week in late November.   If this team is mathematically eliminated, still struggling, still can't fix the O-line, then why at that point risk it?

If Luck got hurt in a meaningless December game, why risk setting back the 2018 season?   I don't think Ballard will do that.    Too risky for the organization.    

That's my hunch now...

It's clear Chuck has no answers. I'm not sure what other answers he can give to these questions short of saying himself that he deserves to be fired. If he had answers then this team would not have been shutout today. 

I was fine with Chuck coming back this year based on who seemed available to replace him. After the game today I feel like they need to let him go now. It's hard to keep around someone, especially your head coach, who simply has no answers.

The mistake was to bring him back this year. He should have been cut loose with Grigson.  I think Irsay wanted Gruden though and when he struck out there he felt nobody else would be an upgrade. I think the plan all along though has been Pagano would be gone at the end of this season. If that is the plan they would be smart just to fire him now, ride out the rest of the season with an interim and then try again this offseason for an upgrade at HC. I believe keeping Pagano here the rest of the year does more harm then good. I also believe after today, and after the last 2 seasons, plus this fiasco with Luck's injury, the risk of losing a good chunk of the fan base is high. A lot of fans, myself included, felt like Pagano should have been gone 2 years ago. 

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I said the same thing in September...   then sometime earlier this month I began to soften my position.

Now, with the setback to Luck, I've changed.    I don't see him returning until the bye week in late November.   If this team is mathematically eliminated, still struggling, still can't fix the O-line, then why at that point risk it?

If Luck got hurt in a meaningless December game, why risk setting back the 2018 season?   I don't think Ballard will do that.    Too risky for the organization.    

That's my hunch now...

Week 12 would be the earliest . I think the best record we could expect going into that week would be 3-7. That's pretty much "eliminated" even if not mathematically . Add to that the fact that Luck probably wouldn't play until the following week and you have pretty much 100% the scenario you think Ballard would opt to sit Luck the rest of the way.  What I'm trying to say is there is no way on God's green earth Andrew Luck is going to be ready to play in any game a reasonably smart person would consider "meaningful" for an Indianapolis run at the post season . Wild card is absolutely hopeless and a magical 8-8 season is very very very very unlikely  to win the division. 

So the question is does the organization take the risk that you think is "too" risky ? I'm not sure these stone heads will agree with you , but I do. Unless maybe you are saying Luck should come back in say week 13 with the team being say 3-8 but the O line is playing better ? 

Pagano doesn't have anymore excuses left in the tank, this team has hit rock bottom being shut out like that.  Chuck needs to go home and enjoy retirement life, before he stresses out too much.  Chuck you tried, but not good enough in the NFL..  

17 minutes ago, ar7 said:

It's clear Chuck has no answers. I'm not sure what other answers he can give to these questions short of saying himself that he deserves to be fired. If he had answers then this team would not have been shutout today. 

I was fine with Chuck coming back this year based on who seemed available to replace him. After the game today I feel like they need to let him go now. It's hard to keep around someone, especially your head coach, who simply has no answers.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

If our OL continues giving up 10 sacks in a game, I want Luck to stay on the bench until we sign/draft some new OL

I never understood why teams used to get rid of their head coach midseason...until after this game today.  I think the rest of this year should be used to determine which players should be retained/replaced in the offseason, and this coaching staff is not capable of creating offensive or defensive schemes to allow individual players succeed.

Promote the position coaches to replace Pagano, Chud and Monochino and take inventory for the rest of the year.

18 minutes ago, RomanianColtsFan said:

Does the younger  Schottenheimmer have any previous head coaching or just offense coordinator experience?

I would understand if we gave him a shot. 

It will likely be a complete coaching overhaul though. 

16 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Week 12 would be the earliest . I think the best record we could expect going into that week would be 3-7. That's pretty much "eliminated" even if not mathematically . Add to that the fact that Luck probably wouldn't play until the following week and you have pretty much 100% the scenario you think Ballard would opt to sit Luck the rest of the way.  What I'm trying to say is there is no way on God's green earth Andrew Luck is going to be ready to play in any game a reasonably smart person would consider "meaningful" for an Indianapolis run at the post season . Wild card is absolutely hopeless and a magical 8-8 season is very very very very unlikely  to win the division. 

So the question is does the organization take the risk that you think is "too" risky ? I'm not sure these stone heads will agree with you , but I do. Unless maybe you are saying Luck should come back in say week 13 with the team being say 3-8 but the O line is playing better ? 

No, I'm with you...    In the circumstances we mapped out,  I would favor sitting Luck for the rest of the season.    I don't see Ballard putting the 2018 season at risk.

I'm a Big Picture guy, and the Big Picture is 2018 and beyond. 

Just now, ColtsBlitz said:

:D I'll take what they give me. Sadly, after the entire offseason excited for this season, I'm already looking to the next. Ill probably keep an eye on some college players for the forum to see. 

Absolutely, I'm not sweating this season. Just watching at this point. Not EXPECTING anything.

The draft position race well be interesting come December.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

No, I'm with you...    In the circumstances we mapped out,  I would favor sitting Luck for the rest of the season.    I don't see Ballard putting the 2018 season at risk.

I'm a Big Picture guy, and the Big Picture is 2018 and beyond. 

Agreed, 10 sack games don't happen often. Just wait it out at this point.

If you get Luck hurt again you've set the franchise back another year potentially.

3 hours ago, DougDew said:

Couldn’t agree more. AL needs all the reps he can get(within medical reasoning, ie a pitch-count), to knock off the amount of rust he’s accumulated. The line will shake out, it has to right!?! Tough times for sure. I know football’s a tough sport, but the injuries are so cronic for the Colts. 

3 hours ago, Flash7 said:

And yet the name that keeps popping up is a career special teams coach — currently at KC, of course. At least we won’t have any competition for him. Of course he may have to spend a few years hiring and firing coordinators as he certainly doesn’t have any known coordinators to bring with him.