LucasOilStadium

Colts Vs. Jaguars Game Day Thread

3 minutes ago, indy1888 said:

Then what do you think his objective was?

My guess is that he is an inexperienced backup and that the thought process is that it is better for him to play than to sit on the bench.

Make a call now to Saban, Gruden, anybody get this buffoon of a HC and his staff out of Indy.  Making the city really look bad...

2 minutes ago, gacoop1 said:

Making the city really look bad...

I think you're attaching just a little too much importance to football.

Just now, JCPatriot said:

My guess is that he is an inexperienced backup and that the thought process is that it is better for him to play than to sit on the bench.

I can't disagree more. JB had the living crap knocked out of him all game. They even had Tolzein warming up in the 3rd quarter. It was ridiculous that they put him back in that game for the last 2 minutes. It is either incompetence or Chuck trying to do whatever he can to save his job. I agree that garbage points don't mean much, but it does make the final score look a little better. Chuck will do whatever he can to save his own hide, he's thrown his assistants under the bus in the past to do so. Nothing would surprise me.

1 minute ago, indy1888 said:

I can't disagree more. JB had the living crap knocked out of him all game. They even had Tolzein warming up in the 3rd quarter. It was ridiculous that they put him back in that game for the last 2 minutes. It is either incompetence or Chuck trying to do whatever he can to save his job. I agree that garbage points don't mean much, but it does make the final score look a little better. Chuck will do whatever he can to save his own hide, he's thrown his assistants under the bus in the past to do so. Nothing would surprise me.

But again, if the objective was just to get some points and avoid the shutout, don't you think it would have made sense to kick FGs on 4th down instead of going for it?  The Colts were in a position where they could have scored points if that was their only objective.

5 minutes ago, JCPatriot said:

But again, if the objective was just to get some points and avoid the shutout, don't you think it would have made sense to kick FGs on 4th down instead of going for it?  The Colts were in a position where they could have scored points if that was their only objective.

The objective was to get a TD. You don't kick field goals down 27.  They could have kicked a FG in the 3rd quarter if thats what they wanted to do.

17 minutes ago, gacoop1 said:

Make a call now to Saban, Gruden, anybody get this buffoon of a HC and his staff out of Indy.  Making the city really look bad...

Keep dreaming. Saban ain't coming here and Gruden is probably unlikely.

21 minutes ago, Tony6759 said:

I need drugs.......who wants to make that call to Colin Kaepernick...

Me: Calls Kaepernick

Hey Colin, Pagano needs to be fired

Colin: Agreed

Me: Ok, bye.

I called him for yall.

5 minutes ago, indy1888 said:

The objective was to get a TD. You don't kick field goals down 27.  They could have kicked a FG in the 3rd quarter if thats what they wanted to do.

And why don't you kick field goals down 27?

We have to get an NFL quarterback who has experience this guy JB is not doing it I believe he was brought in to try to keep us afloat until Andrew came back but it's not working I would seriously see Colin Kaepernick who have some NFL experience as a starter

5 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

That makes no sense then.  We are thin at CB...

I read where Pagano says Wilson needs to be better on special teams. Don't get me wrong he most likely needs to get better in that department but cmon! We need him in the secondary WAY MORE than on special teams. :facepalm: 

52 minutes ago, JCPatriot said:

And why don't you kick field goals down 27?

Cuz we're the Colts coached by Chuck P...

1 hour ago, Tony6759 said:

We have to get an NFL quarterback who has experience this guy JB is not doing it I believe he was brought in to try to keep us afloat until Andrew came back but it's not working I would seriously see Colin Kaepernick who have some NFL experience as a starter

If he comes done since 1972

3 hours ago, NM_Colts said:

Has Irsay ever made a HC change during the season? Or does he usually wait until the season is over?

Yeah yeah I know