Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Atlanta (+3) at New England (10-22-17)

oldunclemark

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I know, I had to be sarcastic about that haha. Man you guys smoked Atlanta.

1 hour ago, teganslaw said:

OK, call Goodall right now! The Patriots should be fined and Brady suspended again because he knew about the fog ahead of time. :sarcasm:

Pretty funny article today about someone posting "only used once" fog machines for sale on Craigslist, lol...

“I have 328 fog machines available for sale, used only once, don’t need anymore. Tested each and every one of them, they all did their job. You’re gonna want to keep these things away from anything that flies. No vultures, Falcons, Eagles or anything. Bad things happen. Please only call, I don’t snapface or instachat.”

3 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I guess you didnt attend Belicheks "Pats fan 101" class

We're not as bad as you think. Many of us, especially firmly-middle-aged fans like myself (45), sat through a LOT of VERY bad seasons before 2001. While I cannot speak for, nor defend, every knucklehead that goes to Gillette with a sign, I can tell you that most of the people I've run into at Pats games are decent folks. Just like I'm sure most Indy fans are decent folks. 

1 minute ago, GoPats said:

Pretty funny article today about someone posting "only used once" fog machines for sale on Craigslist, lol...

“I have 328 fog machines available for sale, used only once, don’t need anymore. Tested each and every one of them, they all did their job. You’re gonna want to keep these things away from anything that flies. No vultures, Falcons, Eagles or anything. Bad things happen. Please only call, I don’t snapface or instachat.”

I am out of LIKES but that is too funny. I picked you guys to Repeat, I am right on cue. My Cubs unfortunately didn't but they ran into a machine = the Dodgers. We got our Ring last year so it's all good. I just look at how teams are ran and I don't see anyone beating you guys if Tom stays healthy.

2 hours ago, GoPats said:

We're not as bad as you think. Many of us, especially firmly-middle-aged fans like myself (45), sat through a LOT of VERY bad seasons before 2001. While I cannot speak for, nor defend, every knucklehead that goes to Gillette with a sign, I can tell you that most of the people I've run into at Pats games are decent folks. Just like I'm sure most Indy fans are decent folks. 

I know .  You are different.  That makes 1 of you.  Haha.

in all seriousness, you have to have a little thick skin coming here with a name like "GoPsts".  I admit, i do have hatred toward anything Patriots really.  But not toward you.  I've seen respected others here say you are "cool".  You are with me too.

my jabs at the Pats wont stop but i'll try to not make it personal toward you in any way.

sorry in advance for my off the deep end Pats rants.  I just cant help myself.   And if you are being honest, you'll admit the " Pats nation" has made it easy for 31 other "nations" to feel this way.

but PLEASE dont take it as a personal attack on you.

in every way , you are as welcome here as the rest of us.

i remember those lean Patriot years too.  I loved the division back then.  Some good games with the pats, jets, bills, and dolphins.   Ohhhhhh, the good old days.   

Ive been bleeding blue since the Baltimore days.

18 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

in all seriousness, you have to have a little thick skin coming here with a name like "GoPsts".  I admit, i do have hatred toward anything Patriots really.  But not toward you.  I've seen respected others here say you are "cool".  You are with me too.

my jabs at the Pats wont stop but i'll try to not make it personal toward you in any way.

sorry in advance for my off the deep end Pats rants.  I just cant help myself.   And if you are being honest, you'll admit the " Pats nation" has made it easy for 31 other "nations" to feel this way.

i remember those lean Patriot years too.  I loved the division back then.  Some good games with the pats, jets, bills, and dolphins.   Ohhhhhh, the good old days.   

I got GoPats back, he is cool. I remember when I was on ESPN chatting years ago, I got along with most Pats fans. That was back in the Peyton vs Brady days. Some of the Pats fans are obnoxious but that doesn't make a whole fan base.

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I got GoPats back, he is cool. I remember when I was on ESPN chatting years ago, I got along with most Pats fans. That was back in the Peyton vs Brady days. Some of the Pats fans are obnoxious but that doesn't make a whole fan base.

Every fan base has the same good and bad fans. Success breeds arrogance and thus contempt, so there has certainly been a lot of that going on. Couple that with the rise of message boards and increased fan interaction during this Patriots run, and opposing fans have a heck of a lot more exposure to it than they would have in the old days.

16 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Wool, fans can be fans and there are all kinds.  A good portion of them are like GoPats and I, I'm 53, and too remember the days of blackouts, listing to the Pats on the radio as it was not on TV, the Pats finding anyway to loose.

And the pats not winning was my first 30 years or so of my Pats experience, and it was not fun, one reason why i am trying to soak all of this in before it ends. 

As for the fans, times have changed, more folks are bringing signs and wearing team gear than years ago. 

As for the 28-3 signs and Goodell clown towels they are readily available as bar stool sports i believe is responsible for both and thus are handout/sold outside the stadium.   As for being a "clown" it is a manifestation of the feeling if one feel one treats folks differently then he is a clown.  As for the 28-3 signs is a sign of pride for the great comeback and yes sometime fans will bring stuff to the stadium to taught the opponent, be it 28-3 signs, camera, cheaters apply here, or a 1918 chant in yankee stadium, it happens in all stadiums not just Foxboro. 

2 minutes ago, Yehoodi said:

Wool, fans can be fans and there are all kinds.  A good portion of them are like GoPats and I, I'm 53, and too remember the days of blackouts, listing to the Pats on the radio as it was not on TV, the Pats finding anyway to loose.

And the pats not winning was my first 30 years or so of my Pats experience, and it was not fun, one reason why i am trying to soak all of this in before it ends. 

As for the fans, times have changed, more folks are bringing signs and wearing team gear than years ago. 

As for the 28-3 signs and Goodell clown towels they are readily available as bar stool sports i believe is responsible for both and thus are handout/sold outside the stadium.   As for being a "clown" it is a manifestation of the feeling if one feel one treats folks differently then he is a clown.  As for the 28-3 signs is a sign of pride for the great comeback and yes sometime fans will bring stuff to the stadium to taught the opponent, be it 28-3 signs, camera, cheaters apply here, or a 1918 chant in yankee stadium, it happens in all stadiums not just Foxboro. 

Bar stool sports are a bunch of clowns.

they are like the howard stern of sports.  they seem to want to start trouble.  Is quite obvious where their allegiance is and who pays their bills.  

I wouldnt be surprised if you follow the money supporting this drivel it will lead to Gillette.  I heard rumors about this.

i keep telling myself..:: its just a game:  it means NOTHING in the big scheme of things.

i still think the goodell clown image is classless tho.  But then, from everything i've seen, so is bar stool sports.  Its the national inquirer of internet sports talk.

17 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Ha, good man... I definitely get it, and actually appreciate a good and original burn, lol! The "GP" user name goes way back... I think I first registered in 2004. 

Cheers bud. :thmup:

12 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Bar stool sports are a bunch of clowns.

they are like the howard stern of sports.  they seem to want to start trouble.  Is quite obvious where their allegiance is and who pays their bills.  

I wouldnt be surprised if you follow the money supporting this drivel it will lead to Gillette.  I heard rumors about this.

i keep telling myself..:: its just a game:  it means NOTHING in the big scheme of things.

i still think the goodell clown image is classless tho.  But then, from everything i've seen, so is bar stool sports.  Its the national inquirer of internet sports talk.

It is just a game and one can not get too worried about it.  Fans are humans and thus will run the gambit of personalities. 

Bar stool sports does have an edge to it.  I do not think they are supported by the pats, altho i think privately the Pats are not dissappointed at some of the things they do.  

When one feels robbed one will speak out and have less respect for those in charge, hence the clown shirts. 

Sometimes fans boo teenagers who won a punt pass and kick event and wear a rival's jersay, some speak out against being mistreated, whether real or perceived. 

And as D13 say, success will breed arrogance and hatred at the same time, so one will get that portion of the fan base that is arrogant.  Wish is were not the case but it happens.  Also, as he mentioned, with the advent of social media and fan forums in the last 15 years can only accelerate some of the above. 

20 minutes ago, Yehoodi said:

It is just a game and one can not get too worried about it.  Fans are humans and thus will run the gambit of personalities. 

Bar stool sports does have an edge to it.  I do not think they are supported by the pats, altho i think privately the Pats are not dissappointed at some of the things they do.  

When one feels robbed one will speak out and have less respect for those in charge, hence the clown shirts. 

Sometimes fans boo teenagers who won a punt pass and kick event and wear a rival's jersay, some speak out against being mistreated, whether real or perceived. 

And as D13 say, success will breed arrogance and hatred at the same time, so one will get that portion of the fan base that is arrogant.  Wish is were not the case but it happens.  Also, as he mentioned, with the advent of social media and fan forums in the last 15 years can only accelerate some of the above. 

Nice post

11 hours ago, Yehoodi said:

I forgot about that one. :lol:

Had to look it up to recall the details... 

http://www.seacoastonline.com/article/20090109/news/901090412

There are some winners in every stadium for sure! 

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 3:43 PM, GoPats said:

That's the funniest post I've seen in awhile on here....of course with how bad we stink that isn't surprising. Love it though!