Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Atlanta (+3) at New England (10-22-17)

oldunclemark

8:30 EST  AL Michaels, Cris Collinsworth and Michelle Tafoya on NBC

Low 60s and dry in Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts.......over-under 56.5

League MVP Matt Ryan (112 of 170, 1,357 yards) has thrown just 6 TDs in 5 games and he'll have to get a lot better on this night to stop the falcons two-game lsingh streak.

New England old timer "Shady' Tom Brady (153 of 233, 1,959 yards, 13 Tds, 2 INTs) should have tight end Rob Gronkowksi (24 catches for 401 yards) and Dany Amendola (26 catches, 306 yards) to go to consistently against the Falcons' weak pass rush., just nine sacks.

Some teams play a 'nickel' defense. Some teams play a 'dime' defense.

Atlanta is known for their infamous '75 cent' defense.     Its good for 3 quarters.

As much as Atlanta wants to beat New England and as good as they match up here, the falcons just cant hold leads.

New England needs this one with road games at Denver, Oakland, Buffalo and Pittsburgh still to play.

56.5 is too high...but minus-3 is not. Take the Patriots to come from behind and win

I am hoping that the Falcons get the win tonight. Atlanta's offense should be able to take advantage of the poor New England defense. But can they stop the Pats's offense? We'll see. I am looking forward to this game. 

Wouldn't it be great to see another team represent the AFC East?!  :)  

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

How is it every time Tom Brady throws a duck the other team drops an easy pick or makes a stupid penalty? Then Brady always follows up with a TD.

I was gonna post something like that.. but I just didn't want to waste me breath.. every time he throws an "int" i'm automatically on alert for a flag. It's like.. not allowed for him to throw a pick..

24 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

So didn't I say the Patriots defense would be back to being a shutdown unit?

I haven't even watched the game because I'm sure there's been a Super Bowl or 28-3 mention every 15 seconds.

And it went like this:

Michaels: something something something about the Superbowl

Collinsworth: and we aaaaaallllll know what happened next ahahahahahahahaaaaaha

10 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Pats fans once again showing their lack of class.

LOL... why? Because of the 28-3 signs? We really gonna be THAT sensitive now?

This was New England's most complete game of the season. They actually looked better on D without Gilmore. Starting to wonder if he's the actual problem back there, because last night they were pretty solid. 

The Falcons were tight in this one from beginning to end. You could see it both sides of the ball. 

Falcons are not the same on offense like last year. In fact, they are terrible. Steve Sarkisian is the most vilified OC right now, big shoes to fill with Kyle Shanahan. Saints are going to win that division running away, IMO, even before the last 2-3 games. I know because I own Matt Ryan in 2 leagues in FF, and I see how he misses passes, and has no rhythm with his throwing or passing. Most of Ryan's yards came in garbage time vs the Patriots.

Very much like other years, I said the Patriots would be a Top 10 unit in points allowed once Hightower returns, this is very much shaping up like that, IMO. Belichick does not care for yards allowed, points allowed is his metric.

1 hour ago, GoPats said:

LOL... why? Because of the 28-3 signs? We really gonna be THAT sensitive now?

This was New England's most complete game of the season. They actually looked better on D without Gilmore. Starting to wonder if he's the actual problem back there, because last night they were pretty solid. 

The Falcons were tight in this one from beginning to end. You could see it both sides of the ball. 

Same old classless Pats fans.  

Havent seen the clown towels since they backfired and made clowns of everyone holding them.

the 28-3 signs are just an example of their regular behavior.

But then, Sox fans are the same so i think its something in the water.

2 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Havent seen the clown towels since they backfired and made clowns of everyone holding them.

Well at least you're not taking the actions of a few individuals and applying them to a region that's home to millions of people. 

9 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Maybe Colts fans should show the 21-3 scorebug from the 2006 AFCCG or something on a constant basis.

Why just 28-3 though? I know scorebugs weren't a thing in the early 90s, but I couldn't imagine Bills fans wearing 35-3 shirts from the Comeback game and needing to see that in every corner of Buffalo.

Heck, I think "NYY 4, BOS 3, Bottom 9th, NYY Leads 3-0" from the 2004 ALCS is more impressive than 28-3 in the Boston sports world.

Has anyone accused the Pats yet of pumping in fog? lmao 

I have to say, wow that was pretty well........foggy. lmao 

Capture.0.png

20171022211456.jpg

Although I think the fog represents the Falcons chances ever since they blew the Super Bowl lead. They went into a literal fog.

This was symbolic!!!!

7 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

Maybe Colts fans should show the 21-3 scorebug from the 2006 AFCCG or something on a constant basis.

Why just 28-3 though? I know scorebugs weren't a thing in the early 90s, but I couldn't imagine Bills fans wearing 35-3 shirts from the Comeback game and needing to see that in every corner of Buffalo.

Heck, I think "NYY 4, BOS 3, Bottom 9th, NYY Leads 3-0" from the 2004 ALCS is more impressive than 28-3 in the Boston sports world.

Would be fun if all this 28-3 talk and shirts and banter ends up biting NE in the postseason sometime when a team comes back ON THEM. 

If you ask me, the making fun of Atlanta has been over done. I done it too, guilty. But it does get over done. I am starting to now feel sorry for Matt Ryan. Ryan looked to really be coming together as a good QB last season and in the Super Bowl his entire life fell apart.

5 minutes ago, Jules said:

Has anyone accused the Pats yet of pumping in fog? lmao 

I have to say, wow that was pretty well........foggy. lmao 

Capture.0.png

20171022211456.jpg

Although I think the fog represents the Falcons chances ever since they blew the Super Bowl lead. They went into a literal fog.

This was symbolic!!!!

That is the power of the Belichick, he can pump in fog just by his mighty stare on the sidelines.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is the power of the Belichick, he can pump in fog just by his mighty stare on the sidelines.

If the Saints can keep this up this year, they could literally become our stunner team of the season. Seriously. You know like I do you got that feeling if they make the playoffs..........Saints are weird on how they go on runs every once in a blue moon.

Brees beat Peyton in the big game. I could see him doing the same to Big Ben or Brady while trying to get his second ring before retirement.

But I am getting ahead of myself. Way ahead. 

You also got Philly and a few others. Seattle etc.

But if NE is in the big game or even the Steelers I sure would feel better having a top QB going against them. I thought it would be Rodgers but that won't happen now.

33 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

Thats because the other 31 teams and fans have some class.

NE is still ticked off about the tea party i guess.

28-3 is their way of kicking the falcons and fans while they are down.

its a character thing.  it starts with Belichek.  Just like players take on the character of their coach, so do fans.

lie,cheat, and steal.  ANYTHING to win.

its nothing new.

Watched some of the Eagles tonight, pretty good looking team. And they know how to run the clock down too with a lead. Unlike Atlanta.

People can say what they want about the Falcons/Patriots. But I have never ever seen a team so unable to manage a game like the Falcons. It just astounds me to this day........astounds me.

12 hours ago, chad72 said:

Falcons are not the same on offense like last year. In fact, they are terrible. Steve Sarkisian is the most vilified OC right now, big shoes to fill with Kyle Shanahan. Saints are going to win that division running away, IMO, even before the last 2-3 games. I know because I own Matt Ryan in 2 leagues in FF, and I see how he misses passes, and has no rhythm with his throwing or passing. Most of Ryan's yards came in garbage time vs the Patriots.

Very much like other years, I said the Patriots would be a Top 10 unit in points allowed once Hightower returns, this is very much shaping up like that, IMO. Belichick does not care for yards allowed, points allowed is his metric.

Saw this on another forum:

5259b9b3626c90daa3541773599c0ccc.jpg

12 hours ago, Jules said:

Watched some of the Eagles tonight, pretty good looking team. And they know how to run the clock down too with a lead. Unlike Atlanta.

People can say what they want about the Falcons/Patriots. But I have never ever seen a team so unable to manage a game like the Falcons. It just astounds me to this day........astounds me.

Yep...which is ironic because the old Eagles coach couldn't manage the clock. Now Andy has gotten slightly better but yeah Atlanta couldn't even get lined up much less do anything after the snap...and they just had a bye week not long ago. Stunning how far they have fallen. Curse of the SB hangover.

21 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I am but just 99% of those at the games.

I take it that's the result of some extensive, exhausting research on your part? haha

I don't really see this as being any different from when another fan throws 18-1 in a Patriots fan's face. Or when a Colts fan put a "cheaters exit here" sign up at Lucas. 

Now my PERSONAL choice... I'd never do it. Just not in my nature. 

8 minutes ago, GoPats said:

I take it that's the result of some extensive, exhausting research on your part? haha

I don't really see this as being any different from when another fan throws 18-1 in a Patriots fan's face. Or when a Colts fan put a "cheaters exit here" sign up at Lucas. 

Now my PERSONAL choice... I'd never do it. Just not in my nature. 

I guess you didnt attend Belicheks "Pats fan 101" class