Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

game changers

OLD FAN MAN

2 hours ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

do we have any game changers on the roster? only ones i think could  ever be are luck before shoulder and mack if he ever gets to play. any one else?

Have you not been watching games? Hilton led the league in recieving yards last year.   Hooker and Simon have been changers this year

4 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

If Geathers gets healthy, he could be.

Of our 8 wins last year, 2 of those wins came from game defining plays by Clayton Geathers. His forced fumble on Hunter Henry versus the Chargers and his 4th down stop on Demarco Murray versus the Titans. The injury is a disaster for him as he was becoming a quality stater at SS for us.

Probably about 25-26 fan bases do not have to ask this question because they all ready know who their game changers are....To me this subject even being wondered about by the Colts fan base just more puts to the point of our sad situation with this team COMPARED TO THE REST OF THE NFL

By "Game Changers" I assume you mean guys that are capable of making important plays that win us games.

Luck  -  no explanation necessary  (NEN)

Gore  -  can get 1st down

Mack  -  one broken tackle from TD

TY  -  8 inches of daylight...

Moncrief  -  just catch the TD...

Doyle  -  just catch it and hold on for the 1st down

Kelly  -  NEN

Simon  -  NEN

Sheard  -  NEN

Davis  -  NEN

Hooker  -  NEN

Geathers  -  just stay healthy

Vinatieri  -  NEN

20 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

Hilton has one TD this year. That is not a game changer in my book.

Julio Jones has zero. He not a game changing WR either?? 

Antonio Brown only has 2 TDs this yr. He not a game changer?? 

If he is does that mean if Hilton gets 1 more TD this week than Brown, he becomes a game changer? 

And if you think Brown/Jones arent game changing WRs, who is?? 

2 hours ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

Julio Jones has zero. He not a game changing WR either?? 

Antonio Brown only has 2 TDs this yr. He not a game changer?? 

If he is does that mean if Hilton gets 1 more TD this week than Brown, he becomes a game changer? 

And if you think Brown/Jones arent game changing WRs, who is?? 

For me you have to score the ball to be a game changer. What you've done in the past has no merit for what a player is doing in the here and now. Catching passes for a lot of yards means a whole lot less if you can't do it in the red zone for scores. I guess we just see this from a totally different perspective.

27 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

For me you have to score the ball to be a game changer. What you've done in the past has no merit for what a player is doing in the here and now. Catching passes for a lot of yards means a whole lot less if you can't do it in the red zone for scores. I guess we just see this from a totally different perspective.

I think there is a lot more you can do other than score TDs to change the outcome of a game. How often does a key 3rd down catch keep a game alive, or put the nail in the coffin for the other team? 

And there are always reasons for players not scoring. Brown and Jones both have to deal with game changing RBs on their roster, so red zone looks are usually going to trend towards running backs. Plus their QBs have both not been nearly as good as they were last year. 

I think to be a game changer you have to be a player that if they went down you would seriously notice. If Brown/Jones go down, their entire offensive gameplan changes. Them being in or out literally changes how that game is played (for both teams). 

So yah we are definitely coming from 2 different places. But you do you. 

22 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This could be said of all 32 teams. We're talking about right now, guys that are game changers now. You're giving a bit of a lazy response.

Who cares about right now when this team isn’t doing crap, right now....