Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

End of Chiefs Raiders Game

gspdx

Just curious what others think.  On the play that was originally called a touchdown the clock stopped at 16 seconds and the play was reviewed.  It was overturned and the ball was placed at the 1/2 yard line and 10 seconds was run off the clock.

If the official that was standing right there called it correctly to begin with - down at the 1/2 yard line - would the play have been reviewed anyway, stopping the clock?  I don't know that it would have since it would not have been a scoring play (even tough it was within 2 minutes).  I just don't know if the Raiders could have gotten to the line quick enough to spike the ball.  They didn't have any timeouts left and the clock could have run out on them.

They probably would have called for an official review anyway, which wouldn't have been necessary.  

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Any associated with the Raiders Franchise is at the bottom of any list I make

Why do you hate the Raiders. I loved Bo Jackson and Marcus Allen back in the day. Hayes and Haynes were a duo that was great at Corners too. I just am not buying Carr is better than a healthy Luck, hasn't shown me near me enough. Carr isn't better than Cam or Russell Wilson either.

55 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

OPI to get open just like the play before

Amari Cooper's first TD was OPI too, if you looked at it closely. I guess the league felt it owed the Raiders a few calls at home to keep things exciting, especially after the tuck rule gaffe from 16 years ago. :) 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Why do you hate the Raiders. I loved Bo Jackson and Marcus Allen back in the day. Hayes and Haynes were a duo that was great at Corners too. I just am not buying Carr is better than a healthy Luck, hasn't shown me near me enough. Carr isn't better than Cam or Russell Wilson either.

Chiefs Fan 

You know the worst part of it? Once the Patriots stomp the Falcons on Sunday, they'll be tied for 1st place in the AFC. Granted, KC will still have a tiebreaker over them, but we all know the Patriots will win out, meaning the Chiefs have no margin for error and will lose at one game. So HFA is all but clinched for the Pats now.

Not only that, but I was hoping the Raiders would lose for Wild Card purposes. I still have the Broncos and Raiders as Wild Card favorites, and the Raiders losing would've made it a bit easier for the Bills to compete for a Wild Card spot. The Raiders come to Buffalo next week so that will be a big game. If the Bills win they'll put some room between them and the Raiders (which is why this Sunday vs the Bucs is also a must win) AND they'd have tiebreakers over both Denver and Oakland.

But all of that is a pipedream, it'd require the Bills to consistently win.

It was a wild game but the end result was that the best team won. There were missed calls all game long both ways. The Crabtree OPI was a bad call. Yeah he pushed...with 3 fingers and the DB totally flopped. The Raiders finally scored so ultimately it all came out in the wash. If the refs wouldn't have signaled touchdown, the Raiders wouldn't have celebrated so that also came out in the wash. The calls after the OPI, as bizarre as them happening consecutively were, were correct. Good game.

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 4:18 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

In reality back in the day is just that, back in the day. As much as Al Davis did for the NFL in the beginning of it's start he became a bitter owner who was possessed with his own agenda against the NFL. He forgot how to build a great team in the process. His history of draft bust made him and the Raiders a laughing stock at the time.

It's easy for a team to get kicked while they are down and the Raiders have been down so long not too many present fans remember them as anything but losers.

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 4:36 PM, buffalo34 said:

You know the worst part of it? Once the Patriots stomp the Falcons on Sunday, they'll be tied for 1st place in the AFC. Granted, KC will still have a tiebreaker over them, but we all know the Patriots will win out, meaning the Chiefs have no margin for error and will lose at one game. So HFA is all but clinched for the Pats now.

Yupp. This is what we all see.. I wrote about it in Feb, its, like a horror film. Seems promising in the beginning. Towards the middle we start to see the turn, and we all know what happenes in the end..

It was pretty intense. 

On 10/20/2017 at 4:36 PM, buffalo34 said:

Not only that, but I was hoping the Raiders would lose for Wild Card purposes. I still have the Broncos and Raiders as Wild Card favorites, and the Raiders losing would've made it a bit easier for the Bills to compete for a Wild Card spot. The Raiders come to Buffalo next week so that will be a big game. If the Bills win they'll put some room between them and the Raiders (which is why this Sunday vs the Bucs is also a must win) AND they'd have tiebreakers over both Denver and Oakland.

But all of that is a pipedream, it'd require the Bills to consistently win.

Patriots look weaker this year. That defense can't hold up and it's possible that the Chiefs could beat them again.