Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Big update on Geathers

RockThatBlue

8 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

i am optimistic but the realist side of me tells me injuries have all but ended this guys chances to play in the nfl for a long period if time.

If they thought he was done, I can't imagine they would let him even get near the practice field. It was obviously a bad injury, but something must be going right for him to be going back to practice 

1 hour ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Good!  I wonder if him and Hooker will eventually be the starting safeties or if he'll move to linebacker with the solid play of Farley.

Personally I would rather he only plays safety.  I think he's undersized to always play ILB.  Especially after his injury.  If all goes well I would expect him back after the bye week. 

2 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

PEople who want him to play Lb are insane. Just look at his injury lol. He’d get absolutely punished trying to tackle everyone every play 

He shouldnt be playing LB every play, thats for sure. I wouldnt be against having him play a bit of ILB during obvious passing situations though. Hes a definite upgrade over having Bostic out there. 

Difference between playing a dime backer and ILB.  Dime backer is not playing the run first, they have thier eyes watching for screens and te throws. And if it is indeed handed off, then they go in for a tackle. ILB plays run first,....always.  Geathers is a good fit for dime backer. (which is what he plays time to time, leaving a FS as the safety net over the top.)

Butg with this injury, he won't be back on the feild in a game for atleast another month, and even then he won't be up in the frint seven playing the run.  Healed or not, Colts won't take that chance. They will have him playing TE coverage.

3 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Good!  I wonder if him and Hooker will eventually be the starting safeties or if he'll move to linebacker with the solid play of Farley.

I would guess he would be in base sets but there will be a 3 safety package where all are on the field . 

16 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

The Colts should just sit him for the year because the Colts are bad.

Hey, that's what they say about Luck. Lol

Linebackers in front of him are garbage and will leave him exposed to more hits, might as well shut him down for the year so he doesnt get hurt!!! 

:sarcasm:

2 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Wait for the "conspiracy crew" around here to say the news is just to sell tickets in  3 ..... 2 .....: 1........

Lol, exactly

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

Good news until he suffers a set back...okay I’ll see myself out 

1.5 days of practice ..... then an unexpected presser from CP... "we are shutting him down for next week, he is week-to-week"

meanwhile-back-at-the-legion-of-doom.jpg

7 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

The Colts should just sit him for the year because the Colts are bad.

Hey, that's what they say about Luck. Lol

I'm not gonna say they should sit Geathers, but we certainly dont wanna rush that injury rehab.  it would sure be nice to see him on the field.

9 hours ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

PEople who want him to play Lb are insane. Just look at his injury lol. He’d get absolutely punished trying to tackle everyone every play 

While what you say is true, the fact is we very likely have the worst starting ILB's in the league and our safeties are pretty decent. So, people want Geather at LB because he'd fill a much bigger need and likely be pretty darn good there.

Anyway, is Antonio Morrison out of the league yet?

1 hour ago, ColtsLegacy said:

While what you say is true, the fact is we very likely have the worst starting ILB's in the league and our safeties are pretty decent. So, people want Geather at LB because he'd fill a much bigger need and likely be pretty darn good there.

Anyway, is Antonio Morrison out of the league yet?

I don’t disagree. We’re all tired of how terrible and I mean god awful our ILBs are. But it’s just wishful thinking to insert Geathers there full time and have it be successful. IMO