DaveA1102

Colts v Jaguars Predictions Thread

A really tough one this week as you have one team that is up and down from one game to the next and one team that is up and down one half to the next! :Gaah:

I think the key to this game is who takes the lead.  If Jags get the lead, they just run the ball down our throats to eat the clock and make first downs, we then have to throw into, in my opinion, the best secondary in football, to receivers who can hardly be called "consistent".  If we take the lead and manage to stuff the run (which I think our defense is capable of) and the ball has to go into Bortles' hands, we can win this. :rock:

My optimistic prediction, Colts win 27-24 and finally hold onto a lead which we take into half time! :coltsfb:

• Like 1

Honestly speaking, the colts have been dominating teams (except the rams) in the first half of games, including the seahawks game.

If they can just translate their first half success to the second half, we would be in great shape.

I think that finally happens this week.

• Like 1

Bortles has like 1or 2 good games a year hopefully this isn’t one of them. Stack the box and make him beat us. That D is scary hopefully we stick to the run. I don’t want to see Brisket throwing trying to keep us in the game. 

Jags favored by 3.5. Mack will get more carries this week because of the injury last week. Hs average is 4.8/carry while the league average is 4.1. Gore is 3.7 to date. Simon has not practiced so he is ?? How many quarters will the Colts play this week?

14 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Jags favored by 3.5. Mack will get more carries this week because of the injury last week. Hs average is 4.8/carry while the league average is 4.1. Gore is 3.7 to date. Simon has not practiced so he is ?? How many quarters will the Colts play this week?

Simon was a FP yesterday so he is good.

Mack will score twice on the big and powerful front of the Jags. They won't have enough speed to get to him if he gets into the open field. 

If the offense can sustain drives in the second half, and have no turnovers:

Colts 21

Jags 20

If we keep to the status quo:

Colts 17

Jags 45

Jacksonville's defense can win games on its own, as evident from the Steelers game. Our defense on the other hand? Forget it...

I am going to the game and I just hope the Colts can pull out a win.  I don't care what the score is.  I hope they get off to a good start and keep the pedal to the medal.  I hope the play calling is better.  Mack and Gore should get a butt load of touches.  Hopefully no turnovers.  I think our D line can contain the Jags running attack, especially with Fournette being limited with the ankle injury.  If Bortles beats us, that would be a major let down lol.

Fournette rushes for 250 and 3td. Bad for the Colts, amazing for my fantasy

I see Matt Jones making an impact on some key short runs, maybe a goal line td even. Chester Rogers finally makes his first catch of the season in this one and snares at least 4. Jacksonville D is formidable but Bortles is all over the place and the rook from LSU is banged up pretty bad from what Im hearing in local papers down here.

Indy 27- Jags 17

I am sick of being a homer but I think we win do win this one 24-23. If we lose this, the season is definitely over at 2-5 without Luck. Texans are going start winning so if we go 2-5 it will be lights out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am sick of being a homer but I think we win do win this one 24-23. If we lose this, the season is definitely over at 2-5 without Luck. Texans are going start winning so if we go 2-5 it will be lights out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

Interestingly Jags run D is 31st in yards allowed, allowing 5.2 per carry.

Simon was Full Practice yesterday after missing Wednesday so hopefully he will be fine.

• Like 1

if mack gets a lot of touches and we can stop the run and brisset figures out to score in the red zone and we can pressure the qb, a lot of ifs, we can win, if we cant do these things we lose big and look pathic

57 minutes ago, twfish said:

Fournette rushes for 250 and 3td. Bad for the Colts, amazing for my fantasy

I thought he was hurt. Is he playing?

9 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I thought he was hurt. Is he playing?

They said they would of continue playing him last Sunday if they weren’t down by 10 late in the fourth

22 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

if mack gets a lot of touches and we can stop the run and brisset figures out to score in the red zone and we can pressure the qb, a lot of ifs, we can win, if we cant do these things we lose big and look pathic

I concur :jump:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Prediction:

Colts will make Bortles look amazing 

Fournette will have 147 yards rushing 

Their defense will score on a pick 6 

TY will vanish. Again. 

There will be no play action, QB rollouts, or designed QB runs (or throws on the run) 

Jags 31 - Colts 20

Oh, and Chuck will clap the entire time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This particular game may be the easiest one left on the schedule, so a win should be likely. However, the Jags are a better matchup against us than most people realize. Their defense is 100% legit now, it will make life very difficult for Brissett, he may not throw any tds Sunday. If we use Gore and Mack very effectively, use a 50/50 split along with passes sprinkled in, we can move the ball on the Jags. However, this will have to be done with laser like precision, which I don't trust the coaching staff to do. Fournette and Ivory will do well in the running and pass game, Bortles will look better than he really is, and the Jags will hold our offense to around 14 points IMO.

Jags 24

Colts 14

Jags 27 / Colts 20 = Colts Loss

This time, I am predicting a slow Colts start, with them making it close in the second half.

I hope I am wrong ... and I hope for, miracle of miracles, a perfectly coached game.  Win or lose, if the coaches coach flawlessly, I will be reasonably satisfied.  (Pretty sad to me that I am at this point more concerned with seeing a flawless "coached" game, that a flawlessly played game by the players.)

Go Colts!

3 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

A really tough one this week as you have one team that is up and down from one game to the next and one team that is up and down one half to the next! :Gaah:

I think the key to this game is who takes the lead.  If Jags get the lead, they just run the ball down our throats to eat the clock and make first downs, we then have to throw into, in my opinion, the best secondary in football, to receivers who can hardly be called "consistent".  If we take the lead and manage to stuff the run (which I think our defense is capable of) and the ball has to go into Bortles' hands, we can win this. :rock:

My optimistic prediction, Colts win 27-24 and finally hold onto a lead which we take into half time! :coltsfb:

105-0

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

105-0

Not even a garbage time field goal? :D

43 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Prediction:

Colts will make Bortles look amazing 

Fournette will have 147 yards rushing 

Their defense will score on a pick 6 

TY will vanish. Again. 

There will be no play action, QB rollouts, or designed QB runs (or throws on the run) 

Jags 31 - Colts 20

Oh, and Chuck will clap the entire time. 

I also have wondered why he claps when the team does something atrocious . This I think is new this year ?  

• Like 1

Honestly depends on how they guard the middle of the field. If they can't, things will go south quick. 

17 minutes ago, dw49 said:

I also have wondered why he claps when the team does something atrocious . This I think is new this year ?  

Unfortunately, Pagano's been clapping since he's gotten here.

They are slowly getting better. Now give four solid quarters even if it's a loss. One game out is silly but all gifts are accepted. If the Saints can turn in to winners after to straight losses the Colts have no excuse for not getting out of their cellar. 

The separation in the division starts this week. I predict the Colts fall at home  not because they are deficient in talent but because they are behind the eight ball when it comes to coaching.

On on a separate note...the Jags may finally be coming into their own.  I suspect some will be surprised by their margin of victory in this one. 

The safe bet is that the Colts come out, look competitive for 3 quarters and then figure out how to turn a lead into a double digit loss.

At this point you almost have to expect it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Fish said:

The safe bet is that the Colts come out, look competitive for 3 quarters and then figure out how to turn a lead into a double digit loss.

At this point you almost have to expect it.

When I'm being real with myself this is the exact scenario I see.

• Like 1

Everyone thinks Fournette will have some huge game.  IDK if you've checked lately, but Indy's run D is pretty decent.  The last run last week was a missed assignment in run defense (an anomally this year).  We have a pass D that can hang for 1/2 a game.  If they just hang the 2nd 1/2 instead of the first 1/2 while the Jags do indeed try running it on us the first and and find out it isn't working and then decide to air it out due to the lopsided 24-7 hole they are in, we have a chance.

But Indy HAS to clean up the dropsies.  Otherwise this end result isn't 31 -24 colts, it will be 42-17 Jags.

Colts rush for 160+ total.  Jags only 108 total.  (but Jags get over 300 in the air)

Both teams walk away with an Int and 3 sacks.

I'm not even sure if Fournette is going to play this game .

We've got 4 RB on the roster right now.  Feels like we are going to run the football quite a bit in this one.  Maybe utilize the backs in the passing game quite a bit.