Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts v Jaguars Predictions Thread

DaveA1102

A really tough one this week as you have one team that is up and down from one game to the next and one team that is up and down one half to the next! :Gaah:

I think the key to this game is who takes the lead.  If Jags get the lead, they just run the ball down our throats to eat the clock and make first downs, we then have to throw into, in my opinion, the best secondary in football, to receivers who can hardly be called "consistent".  If we take the lead and manage to stuff the run (which I think our defense is capable of) and the ball has to go into Bortles' hands, we can win this. :rock:

My optimistic prediction, Colts win 27-24 and finally hold onto a lead which we take into half time! :coltsfb:

14 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Jags favored by 3.5. Mack will get more carries this week because of the injury last week. Hs average is 4.8/carry while the league average is 4.1. Gore is 3.7 to date. Simon has not practiced so he is ?? How many quarters will the Colts play this week?

Simon was a FP yesterday so he is good.

If the offense can sustain drives in the second half, and have no turnovers:

Colts 21

Jags 20

If we keep to the status quo:

Colts 17

Jags 45

Jacksonville's defense can win games on its own, as evident from the Steelers game. Our defense on the other hand? Forget it...

I am going to the game and I just hope the Colts can pull out a win.  I don't care what the score is.  I hope they get off to a good start and keep the pedal to the medal.  I hope the play calling is better.  Mack and Gore should get a butt load of touches.  Hopefully no turnovers.  I think our D line can contain the Jags running attack, especially with Fournette being limited with the ankle injury.  If Bortles beats us, that would be a major let down lol.

I see Matt Jones making an impact on some key short runs, maybe a goal line td even. Chester Rogers finally makes his first catch of the season in this one and snares at least 4. Jacksonville D is formidable but Bortles is all over the place and the rook from LSU is banged up pretty bad from what Im hearing in local papers down here.

Indy 27- Jags 17

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

Jags favored by 3.5. Mack will get more carries this week because of the injury last week. Hs average is 4.8/carry while the league average is 4.1. Gore is 3.7 to date. Simon has not practiced so he is ?? How many quarters will the Colts play this week?

Interestingly Jags run D is 31st in yards allowed, allowing 5.2 per carry.

Simon was Full Practice yesterday after missing Wednesday so hopefully he will be fine.

22 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

if mack gets a lot of touches and we can stop the run and brisset figures out to score in the red zone and we can pressure the qb, a lot of ifs, we can win, if we cant do these things we lose big and look pathic

I concur :jump:

Prediction:

Colts will make Bortles look amazing 

Fournette will have 147 yards rushing 

Their defense will score on a pick 6 

TY will vanish. Again. 

There will be no play action, QB rollouts, or designed QB runs (or throws on the run) 

Jags 31 - Colts 20

Oh, and Chuck will clap the entire time. 

This particular game may be the easiest one left on the schedule, so a win should be likely. However, the Jags are a better matchup against us than most people realize. Their defense is 100% legit now, it will make life very difficult for Brissett, he may not throw any tds Sunday. If we use Gore and Mack very effectively, use a 50/50 split along with passes sprinkled in, we can move the ball on the Jags. However, this will have to be done with laser like precision, which I don't trust the coaching staff to do. Fournette and Ivory will do well in the running and pass game, Bortles will look better than he really is, and the Jags will hold our offense to around 14 points IMO.

Jags 24

Colts 14

Jags 27 / Colts 20 = Colts Loss

This time, I am predicting a slow Colts start, with them making it close in the second half.

I hope I am wrong ... and I hope for, miracle of miracles, a perfectly coached game.  Win or lose, if the coaches coach flawlessly, I will be reasonably satisfied.  (Pretty sad to me that I am at this point more concerned with seeing a flawless "coached" game, that a flawlessly played game by the players.)

Go Colts!

3 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

A really tough one this week as you have one team that is up and down from one game to the next and one team that is up and down one half to the next! :Gaah:

I think the key to this game is who takes the lead.  If Jags get the lead, they just run the ball down our throats to eat the clock and make first downs, we then have to throw into, in my opinion, the best secondary in football, to receivers who can hardly be called "consistent".  If we take the lead and manage to stuff the run (which I think our defense is capable of) and the ball has to go into Bortles' hands, we can win this. :rock:

My optimistic prediction, Colts win 27-24 and finally hold onto a lead which we take into half time! :coltsfb:

105-0

43 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Prediction:

Colts will make Bortles look amazing 

Fournette will have 147 yards rushing 

Their defense will score on a pick 6 

TY will vanish. Again. 

There will be no play action, QB rollouts, or designed QB runs (or throws on the run) 

Jags 31 - Colts 20

Oh, and Chuck will clap the entire time. 

I also have wondered why he claps when the team does something atrocious . This I think is new this year ?  

The separation in the division starts this week. I predict the Colts fall at home  not because they are deficient in talent but because they are behind the eight ball when it comes to coaching.

On on a separate note...the Jags may finally be coming into their own.  I suspect some will be surprised by their margin of victory in this one. 

20 minutes ago, The Fish said:

The safe bet is that the Colts come out, look competitive for 3 quarters and then figure out how to turn a lead into a double digit loss.

At this point you almost have to expect it.

When I'm being real with myself this is the exact scenario I see.

Everyone thinks Fournette will have some huge game.  IDK if you've checked lately, but Indy's run D is pretty decent.  The last run last week was a missed assignment in run defense (an anomally this year).  We have a pass D that can hang for 1/2 a game.  If they just hang the 2nd 1/2 instead of the first 1/2 while the Jags do indeed try running it on us the first and and find out it isn't working and then decide to air it out due to the lopsided 24-7 hole they are in, we have a chance.

But Indy HAS to clean up the dropsies.  Otherwise this end result isn't 31 -24 colts, it will be 42-17 Jags.

Colts rush for 160+ total.  Jags only 108 total.  (but Jags get over 300 in the air)

Both teams walk away with an Int and 3 sacks.