Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Should we consider trading Andrew Luck at this point?

FalseStart

Should we consider trading Andrew Luck at this point?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Should we consider trading Andrew Luck at this point?

• Absolutely!
    • Maybe-For the Right Price...
    • I Don't Think So...
    • Hell No!

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, probably not, but anyone is tradeable for the right price, and as a GM, that's how Ballard should look at it. Just by seeing how people are flat out saying no shows they couldn't succeed as a GM in the NFL. Always entertain offers, the number 1 rule. For three 1sts and a top defensive player (Leonard Williams as a hypothetical example), I'd do it in a heartbeat. Luck is 28, and he'll be 29 before we are in shape to do anything meaningful. If you can get the value, do it.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Honestly, probably not, but anyone is tradeable for the right price, and as a GM, that's how Ballard should look at it. Just by seeing how people are flat out saying no shows they couldn't succeed as a GM in the NFL. Always entertain offers, the number 1 rule. For three 1sts and a top defensive player (Leonard Williams as a hypothetical example), I'd do it in a heartbeat. Luck is 28, and he'll be 29 before we are in shape to do anything meaningful. If you can get the value, do it.

No Jared

20 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If you have the rare gift of having a legitimate stud franchise QB for another 9-10 years, you absolutely do not trade him. 

7 minutes ago, BPindy said:

If you have the rare gift of having a legitimate stud franchise QB for another 9-10 years, you absolutely do not trade him. 

See, that's the thing, people assume we will have him another 10 years and that's not likely to happen. First, he'll have to play til he's 38-39, and that's not real likely. Second, The fact that he's gotten knocked around like a pinball for the first 5 years of his career has already taken a massive toll on his body. It's unlikely he'll make it 10 more years. Third, Luck isn't getting much better, if at all. He still holds on to the ball too long, is somewhat turnover prone, and is very susceptible to slow starts in games. That may not be fixable even if Pagano goes. Lastly, he may not want to stay with us 10 more years. We can franchise tag him and all that, but that may work against us actually winning a SB at the end of his career, and that'll truly be Luck's ultimate goal before his career is all said and done.

i do recall Ballard saying COMPETITION at all levels and NOBODY on the team is ever safe and that the TEAM does not revolve around ANY one guy. 

i still say no but Andrew can get better. theres actually a few things id like to see him doing when is healthy and playing. I have noticed you dont ever see him on the sidelines looking over defensive schemes he faced or if he missed somebody getting open and how to adjust IN GAME. 

Just now, aaron11 said:

i voted no, but hypothetically what would a trade for luck even look like?

For us, probably three 1st round picks and a quality defensive player. That's why I said Leonard Williams, as the Jets were a favorable trade partner if we did trade him. However, you can replace Williams with any teams top defensive player that we trade with along with the picks.

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

I haven't played Madden in years

Well, first off, you can only trade up to 3 players/and or picks in a trade, so you are limited in who and what you can give away, so you can't stack useless players to trade for an elite one. Second, even if you wanted to offer three 1st round picks for Luck, that would be very difficult to do. You can't just trade players for picks (especially first rounders). Most players the CPU aren't interested in, and unless you are in the first year of franchise mode, you can't even pick up FA's that are good and trade them to acquire picks. Even if you do this, you only get mid round picks, which you have to trade for higher picks, and it'll take multiple 2nds and 3rds just to get a 1st. This can take hours of real time just to acquire two extra 1st round picks, then you have to try and get elite guys like Luck for your three 1st rounders, and there's no guarantee they'll do that. I tried doing this exact thing and acquiring Luke Keuchly, and they said no, and I had to wait til draft time to use my picks. The game makes you work for everything.