Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck being shut down from practice this week.

indy1888

3 hours ago, indy1888 said:

Is having soreness from throwing. Unplanned presser from Ballard just to address this,  Starting to believe he wont be playing at all this season.

He won't but who cares because of this season a wash anyway. I wouldn't want him playing with this line anyway. 

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will turn out to be a blessing in disguise. Luck doesn't need to be playing behind this line, and we need the high pick something awful. Actually gives Ballard a chance to work his magic. Hooker falling was the exception in a strange draft, not the norm. Now we can get another like him hopefully at CB or LB. Wherever we finish (draft position) is going to determine who much of a chance we have to improve next year. All about getting top talent for when Luck is healthy! Just hit on that first pick please.

1 hour ago, relkins said:

Can't even watch the second half. I turn it off because we know what's going to happen and Monday morning it's true

Hey, thats a GREAT idea.  I'll only watch 1st halfs.

actually, i think i'll watch the entire 2006 season from pre-season to SB.

that should cheer me up

3 minutes ago, Crush22 said:

Flight, hotel and game tickets already bought a couple of months ago for the game in Jacksonville.

Oh well, at least I'll be warm for a few days.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, that's one of the few winnable games left on the schedule. That one still may be fun for you lol.

18 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

Really disappointed in this organization. 

Patience.

Ballard has seemed to make the right moves.  He gave Chuck a 1year stay of execution because the owner said so.

i have confidence he'll fix the coaching staff, along with the OL and LB corps this offseason.  I really believe he will change the culture here. He got rid of most vets last offseason.  He'll finish the necessary culling this offseason i believe.

I agree with you...the defense can't carry us not at all, we have alot of missing pieces missing...I still think Bowman would  be a great pickup to help Simon in the the linebacker position...But you are also correct in saying Brissett  is not going to lead us to the playoffs...Brissett  was traded for to try to keep us afloat...Andrew is not going to play this year...thats just my opinion...

I would give him a game to game contract, he's a big hitter, a ran stopper, and can be a leader in my opinion in the locker room with all the young guys...Him and Frank have a relationship, We have to many young guys, that is making to many mistakes...We need a leader...And over the years, we never had a good run stopping defense...

32 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Patience.

Ballard has seemed to make the right moves.  He gave Chuck a 1year stay of execution because the owner said so.

i have confidence he'll fix the coaching staff, along with the OL and LB corps this offseason.  I really believe he will change the culture here. He got rid of most vets last offseason.  He'll finish the necessary culling this offseason i believe.

Pretty disappointed about them not being able to build an offensive line to protect him.  

They've mishandled him every step of the way, then lie to their own fans about his outlook. 

27 minutes ago, Tony6759 said:

I agree with you...the defense can't carry us not at all, we have alot of missing pieces missing...I still think Bowman would  be a great pickup to help Simon in the the linebacker position...But you are also correct in saying Brissett  is not going to lead us to the playoffs...Brissett  was traded for to try to keep us afloat...Andrew is not going to play this year...thats just my opinion...

What defense?

19 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Drew Breed had the same surgery.   How did that pan out?

https://www.si.com/si-wire/2014/06/13/james-andrews-drew-brees-remarkable-comeback

Even Dr. Andrews called Brees recovery “the most remarkable” he’s ever seen.  That was abnormal.  And in many ways speaks to the real possibility that Luck may never be the same again.  

17 minutes ago, Dirty Mudflaps said:

https://www.si.com/si-wire/2014/06/13/james-andrews-drew-brees-remarkable-comeback

Even Dr. Andrews called Brees recovery “the most remarkable” he’s ever seen.  That was abnormal.  And in many ways speaks to the real possibility that Luck may never be the same again.  

Luck will have a far longer recovery time it seems

5 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Stephen Holder makes it sound like its soreness on twitter.

Remember when Pagano was just calling it a 'sore shoulder' too, in 2015? (missed 2 games and had pain reducing injections back then too)

5 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

That's good to hear, when I hear setback from some of the updates and articles online it just terrifies me lol. 

I know I had hoped earlier Luck could be ready for the Jags game (but knew Bengals game was more likely), and I may (with some luck for Luck) just get it.  At the December 3rd game though. I always cautioned to see how he would practice, and he never made back to back full participation. Then the bad news. Now he's shut down.  This is a 2 week setback, and he starts all over again on the 4 weeks practice to get 'football ready'.  If he suffers no further setbacks... well you can do the math.

IOW, expect to see JB under center for at least the next 5 - 6 games, or more, depending upon how Luck navigates the new road to recovery.  The Colts won't IR him, because they need to rehab him, practice him, and eventually get him on the field this year to be sure he can be ready to play next year.  Getting him back on the field when healthy enough and letting him re-develop his in game, under fire rhythm is paramount here.

I know people want to put him on a shelf, but that isn't the best strategy to get him ready for next year... for both physical and mental reasons... IF they can get him ready this year. That is the question now.  And they should try, not send him home until next years OTA's...

5 hours ago, indy1888 said:

Is having soreness from throwing. Unplanned presser from Ballard just to address this,  Starting to believe he wont be playing at all this season.

Sorry...can't say that this surprises me one bit.  Been saying this was likely what would happen for awhile now. 

In my opinion, the Colts need to ride this out with Luck. (It's different from the Manning situation.)  Luck is still young and deserves a chance to see if he can return to form.  Trading him could come back to bite us.  Wait and see if he is healthy enough to return to form next season.  A full season to recover is probably what he needs at this point.  If he isn't good next season then I will be worried but I expected this year would be a long shot for his return once the Colts started with their secretive ways about this situation.

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

In my opinion, the Colts need to ride this out with Luck. (It's different from the Manning situation.)  Luck is still young and deserves a chance to see if he can return to form.  Trading him could come back to bite us.  Wait and see if he is healthy enough to return to form next season.  A full season to recover is probably what he needs at this point.  If he isn't good next season then I will be worried but I expected this year would be a long shot for his return once the Colts started with their secretive ways about this situation.

Here's the problem with that.  This next draft is one of those years with top QB prospects AND they are likely to be in position to draft one with this team 

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

What were you basing that on?

Just a gut feeling based on how secretive the Colts have been and recollections of similar behavior during Peyton's injury season.  It also makes sense to rest Luck for the entire season if you really think about it.  Make sure he is 100%...he is the franchise and this season is not worth risking the future.

7 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

Here's the problem with that.  This next draft is one of those years with top QB prospects AND they are likely to be in position to draft one with this team 

I'm not really sold of them though. Other teams may be and we can trade the pick for a king's ransome if it comes to that.  I think Sam Darnold is over-rated and USC quarterbacks don't usually do much in the NFL historically speaking.