Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offense vs Jags defense

runthepost

15 minutes ago, krunk said:

Because he's here with us and we already had one in place before he got here.   And he has a contract that he's binded to I suppose.

Well he did come here as an OL coach.  OC is a more responsible position.  By coming here as an OL coach looks like he had no offers for an OC position before we hired him.  Teams can request to talk to another teams coach about a vacancy and teams can deny or allow an interview.  If the interview is for a promotion I would think most teams would grant an interview.  He is bound to our contract but I would think if anyone had interest they would contact the team or his agent, whatever the protocol is.  Maybe that did happen and it hasn't been reported.   We see it all the time when fired head coaches go back to being coordinators where they had success.  Here's a case where it looks like it didn't happen for Philbin.  

22 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Well he did come here as an OL coach.  OC is a more responsible position.  By coming here as an OL coach looks like he had no offers for an OC position before we hired him.  Teams can request to talk to another teams coach about a vacancy and teams can deny or allow an interview.  If the interview is for a promotion I would think most teams would grant an interview.  He is bound to our contract but I would think if anyone had interest they would contact the team or his agent, whatever the protocol is.  Maybe that did happen and it hasn't been reported.   We see it all the time when fired head coaches go back to being coordinators where they had success.  Here's a case where it looks like it didn't happen for Philbin.  

Remember the timing was right on the heels of that Bullying scandal and nobody wanted to touch him because of all the media firestorm that comes with.  No one was going to give him a high ranking position at the time.

27 minutes ago, krunk said:

Remember the timing was right on the heels of that Bullying scandal and nobody wanted to touch him because of all the media firestorm that comes with.  No one was going to give him a high ranking position at the time.

Very true.   Maybe he will get a shot again like Incognito.