Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offense vs Jags defense

runthepost

3 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Well from what I’m hearing they’re going to go full throttle with Luck at practice this week. If everything goes well then he’ll get the nod to start. But guess it was a lie as he won’t be playing. 

Think they already ruled Luck out 

10 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Anybody expect us to pass the ball instead of trying to run it on a poor run defense team? Like if we start passing on every down this game could get ugly.

Well they could do like they did vs the Titans and run the ball well in the first half, then just completely abandon it in the second while giving Mack 1 snap.  :spit:

We have a chance if the play calling is like it was in the first half vs Titans, varying looks and plays to keep Jacksonville on their toes. 

They have so many weapons there it is not easy to pick something to target.  Campbell, Smith, Ramsey, Bouye, all top talent who would walk into our starting 11 and can change a game if we are not on it from the first whistle.

I'd do exactly what the Rams did.  The Jags have problems with their run defense. Keep working the running game between Gore, Mack, and Matt Jones and the play action pass using different looks and formations.  That will help to open up some spacing in between those zones.  Take the necessary shots when you have to .   That's primarily how I'd approach it.

2 minutes ago, King Colt said:

EVERYONE....forget Luck he is not the Messiah. The Colts are poorly recruited, poor drafted, poorly trained poorly coached and poorly owned.

nobody is going to forget luck.

he makes this team better, period.  nobody thinks this is a super bowl year, but whatever we are now, luck will raise the ceiling 

3 minutes ago, King Colt said:

So they lose by 6 points instead of 14

ok but nobody is going to forget about luck just because some guy on a forum says so

most people are smart enough to know we are a year or two out from doing anything 

11 minutes ago, King Colt said:

EVERYONE....forget Luck he is not the Messiah. The Colts are poorly recruited, poor drafted, poorly trained poorly coached and poorly owned.

2 minutes ago, King Colt said:

So they lose by 6 points instead of 14

You clearly are not a Colts fan!  Forget Luck?  Luck is one of the most talented QB's in the league and is our franchise QB.  Forget Luck?  With him playing we are able to win any game.  With him playing any game we have had so far the results would be drastically different...not worried about that, but moving forward he would be a huge upgrade for the team.  Forget Luck??  Wow!

31 minutes ago, krunk said:

I'd do exactly what the Rams did.  The Jags have problems with their run defense. Keep working the running game between Gore, Mack, and Matt Jones and the play action pass using different looks and formations.  That will help to open up some spacing in between those zones.  Take the necessary shots when you have to .   That's primarily how I'd approach it.

Matt Jones scares me a bit as his reputation (on this forum) is that he has the tendency to fumble.

I think TY and our WR2 may well be locked down so would love to see Rogers finally get involved and utilised, potentially in the slot to shift the chains.  I never did see any reason why he didn't play Monday, or did I miss him?

6 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

Matt Jones scares me a bit as his reputation (on this forum) is that he has the tendency to fumble.

I think TY and our WR2 may well be locked down so would love to see Rogers finally get involved and utilised, potentially in the slot to shift the chains.  I never did see any reason why he didn't play Monday, or did I miss him?

Chester played.   We just didn't throw him the ball.

Mack also had a fumbling reputation from college.  Just have to play them

and see what happens from there.  I take it Jones has been doing something right to still be on the team.   Hopefully the issues are in the past.

20 hours ago, runthepost said:

Anybody expect us to pass the ball instead of trying to run it on a poor run defense team? Like if we start passing on every down this game could get ugly.

Since Pagano is at the helm I'll take a wild stab and say the Colts will: 

Run up the middle every down using Gore and Mack sits on bench 

Don't run any plays to get TY open 

Don't max protect when Jags blitz 

Don't run any screens, slants, bootlegs, play action, or designed QB runs 

29 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Since Pagano is at the helm I'll take a wild stab and say the Colts will: 

Run up the middle every down using Gore and Mack sits on bench 

Don't run any plays to get TY open 

Don't max protect when Jags blitz 

Don't run any screens, slants, bootlegs, play action, or designed QB runs 

I doubt they blitz very much.  That front 7 should keep enough pressure on to keep them from having to do that.  I see what you're saying though.  LOL

6 minutes ago, ukcolt12 said:

If they get smashed could be Pagano' s last game 

You really think he will be fired mid-season?  Irsay is not one that has ever done this.  If we did fire him who takes over as the new man to hate?  Any assistant is going to do the same thing for the most part, so firing him does not really make a lot of sense to me.  Let Chuck take the lumps and go from there.  

8 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

We have a chance if the play calling is like it was in the first half vs Titans, varying looks and plays to keep Jacksonville on their toes. 

They have so many weapons there it is not easy to pick something to target.  Campbell, Smith, Ramsey, Bouye, all top talent who would walk into our starting 11 and can change a game if we are not on it from the first whistle.

I agree with you 100% . I just hope that Coach manages to make good calls for both halves instead of just the first half. Although I am a dedicated Colts fan, it seems that the second half play calling has been sub-par for every game this year. Let's hope that the coaches "see the light" this time.

Dunno. If Mack plays well, he should continue running, but it's Pagano, so who knows.

3 hours ago, strt182 said:

I think if anybody is fired mid season its CHUD. if we play a solid first half this week and screw up the second half without shooting ourself in the foot. I would pull the plug on chud give Shotty the OC job.

Or I'd fire Pagano and make Schotty the interim HC.

12 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

You clearly are not a Colts fan!  Forget Luck?  Luck is one of the most talented QB's in the league and is our franchise QB.  Forget Luck?  With him playing we are able to win any game.  With him playing any game we have had so far the results would be drastically different...not worried about that, but moving forward he would be a huge upgrade for the team.  Forget Luck??  Wow!

Oh NO! You found out I'm not a Colts fan!! Don't tell a soul.

12 hours ago, aaron11 said:

nobody is going to forget luck.

he makes this team better, period.  nobody thinks this is a super bowl year, but whatever we are now, luck will raise the ceiling 

If he sees the ceiling like he has every year since he was brought in he will not last the remaining  games and possibly will never heal. So many posters here were saying week 3, then week 4, then week 5, then week 6 and we or should I say, I know he won't play week 7. I hope he does not play until next year and with the suspicious dialogue from the Colts front office not claiming they have no idea when he will return I think I may get my wish. 

14 hours ago, strt182 said:

I think if anybody is fired mid season its CHUD. if we play a solid first half this week and screw up the second half without shooting ourself in the foot. I would pull the plug on chud give Shotty the OC job.

I think you are right on.  I can see Shotty taking over the OC spot no later than the Bye week.  And I will go one further. If they decide to replace Pagano at the end of season I think Shotty will be his replacement. 

28 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I think you are right on.  I can see Shotty taking over the OC spot no later than the Bye week.  And I will go one further. If they decide to replace Pagano at the end of season I think Shotty will be his replacement. 

Why? Shotty hasn't proven to be a good OC of anything, nor a head coach.  If they replace Chud during the season which I think has zero chance of happening I'd be cool with them promoting Joe Philbin.  Yeah he's the O line coach, but the schemes they are running now I'm quite certain would remain the same blocking wise and he'd still have some input as the Assistant to the Head Coach which is his other role. .  I don't think we'd choose either one of them as the head coach.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Why? Shotty hasn't proven to be a good OC of anything, nor a head coach.  If they replace Chud during the season which I think has zero chance of happening I'd be cool with them promoting Joe Philbin.  Yeah he's the O line coach, but the schemes they are running now I'm quite certain would remain the same blocking wise and he'd still have some input as the Assistant to the Head Coach which is his other role. .  I don't think we'd choose either one of them as the head coach.

I would hope the blocking schemes would remain the same as it's the play calling that needs to change.  His assistant to the HC title is a holdover from the Grigson era and was used as enticement to bring him on IMO.  Chud had that job too and it was his only job before he replaced Pep.  Next to Chud Schotty is working the closest with Brissett and would make more sense than Philbin.  Philbin hasn't been able to figure out the OL and he hasn't proven to be a good HC either.  Not sure if he was ever an OC.   Schotty has done a good job getting Brissett up to speed and would seem to me a more logical choice to call the plays knowing him better than anyone else and taking advantage of his strengths.   Pagano already has gotten rid of an OC during the season.  I think he could do it again if he chose to.  I think Chuds  play calling and adjustments need to improve by the bye week or he could be in trouble.   Philbin would be a candidate for sure but I would lean towards Schotty. 

9 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I would hope the blocking schemes would remain the same as it's the play calling that needs to change.  His assistant to the HC title is a holdover from the Grigson era and was used as enticement to bring him on IMO.  Chud had that job too and it was his only job before he replaced Pep.  Next to Chud Schotty is working the closest with Brissett and would make more sense than Philbin.  Philbin hasn't been able to figure out the OL and he hasn't proven to be a good HC either.  Not sure if he was ever an OC.   Schotty has done a good job getting Brissett up to speed and would seem to me a more logical choice to call the plays knowing him better than anyone else and taking advantage of his strengths.   Pagano already has gotten rid of an OC during the season.  I think he could do it again if he chose to.  I think Chuds  play calling and adjustments need to improve by the bye week or he could be in trouble.   Philbin would be a candidate for sure but I would lean towards Schotty. 

Philibin directed some of Green Bays best offensive attacks as their OC.    Shotty hasn't done squat.