SilentHill

Who will be the next HC of the Indianapolis Colts?

So, I think it;s safe to say that the Pagano experiment will be over sometime this season (probably the end)

Who should we be looking at to fill the upcoming vacancy?

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I want Jim Harbaugh. With a healthy Luck and another Draft to build the D, I guarantee with Harbaugh we go at least 11-5

5 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Dave Toub

I really like both of these candidates. I'd prefer Harbaugh, but i doubt he leaves college.

• Like 1

Just now, SilentHill said:

I really like both of these candidates. I'd prefer Harbaugh, but i doubt he leaves college.

Yeah I like Toub but if we really want to win a SB we need Harbaugh. He has been to one and 3 Championship games + he played here and if not for the REFS would've played in a SB. He also has Coached Luck in college.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I like Toub but if we really want to win a SB we need Harbaugh. He has been to one and 3 Championship games + he played here and if not for the REFS would've played in a SB. He also has Coached Luck in college.

Why do you assume Toub would not have success?  Jim lost in the SB to his brother John, who was a ST coach once.

If Harbaugh doesn't beat Penn St. on Saturday there's a chance he's available. I didn't think that would be the case. Now you have to figure out if you want him and all of his *charm*.

If Ballard want's Taub, that's fine. I have no idea if he's any good, but I'll accept that he'd have an idea where I wouldn't.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Dingus McGirt said:

Would Harbaugh rub too many people (players, staff, ownership) the wrong way, after the initial honeymoon? 

I don't think so, most teams have a short window to win it all anyway. I think he would do great here for at least 3 or 4 years. Look what he has done with the 49ers and now at Michigan, he can Coach at high levels. He is loved here in Indy and he Coached Andrew, Andrew loved him at Stanford.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Why do you assume Toub would not have success?  Jim lost in the SB to his brother John, who was a ST coach once.

I like Toub but look at Harbaugh's resume.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I like Toub but look at Harbaugh's resume.

His resume shows me he can win and lose.  He had success I get it but so could Toub.  Just saying he had a team that was built well with multiple top picks on D and offensive line.  He came in a helped with the talent.  We unfortunately have no where near the talent right now.

5 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Also, you say lost to John. True but barely, Ravens were lucky to win that.

Harbaugh and Gruden are 99.9% likely to not coach the Colts.

Most likely is the obvious. Dave Toub.

Also, you say lost to John. True but barely, Ravens were lucky to win that.

Barely?  Last time I checked John has the ring not Jim.  I do not care about barely...

• Haha 1

Just now, DaColts85 said:

His resume shows me he can win and lose.  He had success I get it but so could Toub.  Just saying he had a team that was built well with multiple top picks on D and offensive line.  He came in a helped with the talent.  We unfortunately have no where near the talent right now.

Before Harbaugh came to the 49ers they stunk and went through several Coaches. Alex Smith was considered a Bust before Harbaugh got there, then Harbaugh gets there and Smith is Good. I just see what I see.

I honestly don't care at this point. Just be done with the current regime. I'll be happy with almost whoever they choose.

• Thanks 1

Before Harbaugh came to the 49ers they stunk and went through several Coaches. Alex Smith was considered a Bust before Harbaugh got there, then Harbaugh gets there and Smith is Good. I just see what I see.

Again, I am not saying he is bad coach...never have.  Just saying he had a lot of talent on that roster that we do not currently have on ours.  

2 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Barely?  Last time I checked John has the ring not Jim.  I do not care about barely...

They held on for dear life to win, you act like John dominated. That would be like me saying the Cubs dominated the Indians last season when I know that could've went either way.

I'm really confused by all the love for Toub.  I mean, special teams, some d-line, liked and respected by players, a players coach...  Sounds frighteningly similar to Pagano...  No head coaching experience at any level is an instant no for me.  The Luck era doesn't have enough time left in it for another guy to have to work through learning what it means to be in charge of everything again.  The Colts need leadership, from the word go, from someone who has been there and done it. 

I'll throw an odd name out there - Frank Reich.  If they're going to look at NFL coordinators, I'd at least bring him in for an interview.  I'm a bit biased as a Terp, but what he's done in Philadelphia with a young QB is impressive to me. 

But, if I were the GM, I'd be looking for a guy with NFL head coaching experience, and more experience on the defensive side of the ball.  So Mike Smith, Jim Schwartz, etc.  The two offensive minded I'd like to at least reach out to would be Tom Cable and Bill Callahan.  OL gurus. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They held on for dear life to win, you act like John dominated. That would be like me saying the Cubs dominated the Indians last season when I know that could've went either way.

Never once said John dominated.  Not sure where you get that at all since all I mentioned is who won the SB.  I stated that I do not care about barely.  A win is a win!

Toub (ST coach for KC) has been linked as a favorite of Ballard's. 

IMO, It'd be hard to get someone worse than Pagano right now. 

• Haha 1

Never once said John dominated.  Not sure where you get that at all since all I mentioned is who won the SB.  I stated that I do not care about barely.  A win is a win!

Who would you recommend as Coach, Toub?

3 minutes ago, Dirty Mudflaps said:

I'm really confused by all the love for Toub.  I mean, special teams, some d-line, liked and respected by players, a players coach...  Sounds frighteningly similar to Pagano...  No head coaching experience at any level is an instant no for me.  The Luck era doesn't have enough time left in it for another guy to have to work through learning what it means to be in charge of everything again.  The Colts need leadership, from the word go, from someone who has been there and done it. 

I'll throw an odd name out there - Frank Reich.  If they're going to look at NFL coordinators, I'd at least bring him in for an interview.  I'm a bit biased as a Terp, but what he's done in Philadelphia with a young QB is impressive to me. 

But, if I were the GM, I'd be looking for a guy with NFL head coaching experience, and more experience on the defensive side of the ball.  So Mike Smith, Jim Schwartz, etc.  The two offensive minded I'd like to at least reach out to would be Tom Cable and Bill Callahan.  OL gurus. 

The guy in your avatar is who we need.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Would Harbaugh rub too many people (players, staff, ownership) the wrong way, after the initial honeymoon? 

I would have shown those players the door I admit he does have a little bit of an ego problem but you don't get rid of good coaches just because a few guys are mad  at him.

Who would you recommend as Coach, Toub?

Can't answer that.  No clue who is out there yet.  Toub has ties with Ballard and has been linked to him which is why he is mentioned.  For all I know Toub could be 50/50 at best.  I was just curious why you made it seem as if he would not have success.  

Look, I would love Harbaugh, but he isn't leaving Michigan.  I do not know this f or sure but why would he?

I would love someone from the Andy Reid tree personally.

Can't answer that.  No clue who is out there yet.  Toub has ties with Ballard and has been linked to him which is why he is mentioned.  For all I know Toub could be 50/50 at best.  I was just curious why you made it seem as if he would not have success.  

Look, I would love Harbaugh, but he isn't leaving Michigan.  I do not know this f or sure but why would he?

I would love someone from the Andy Reid tree personally.

I am not saying Toub wont work, I just love Harbaugh's resume and his ties to Indy. Maybe I am bias because I met the guy, got his autograph, etc..

• Like 2

I think Chuck will stay if Luck comes back and gets us into the race.  He might not even have to make he playoffs.  If the team plays hard and improves he has the argument he can win with a healthy Luck versus a rookie QB just added to the roster.  He will change some position coaches and probably make Schottenheimer OC.  In all fairness he has a strong argument and I can see Irsay and Ballard giving him next year with his franchise QB.  Again I think he has to finish strong with a healthy Luck in order to stay. 

The guy in your avatar is who we need.

Lol I thought so too for a long time. Or I'd even consider Shaw.  But I think that ship has sailed.  I lived in the Bay Area during his tenure with the Niners, and the highs were great, but the cost, the lows, were really low.  I think it's him, the way he manages, his personality, and I no longer think he's the answer.  It turned quickly, the message got way stale, and it ended really badly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dirty Mudflaps said:

Lol I thought so too for a long time. Or I'd even consider Shaw.  But I think that ship has sailed.  I lived in the Bay Area during his tenure with the Niners, and the highs were great, but the cost, the lows, were really low.  I think it's him, the way he manages, his personality, and I no longer think he's the answer.  It turned quickly, the message got way stale, and it ended really badly. 

Thanks for the perspective, who knows what the answer is. I just think if he has a QB like Luck he would do really well and people love him here. He is in the Ring of Honor here.

8 minutes ago, Dirty Mudflaps said:

He had nothing but highs, and if the lows were an 8-8 season I would take that low...oh wait I have two years running. Are you saying everything ended badly because he was forced out or what? 

Harbaugh was pushed out by York because Baalke and Harbaugh did not work well together.  Harbaugh wants control, which is why college fits him.  We have Ballard and Harbaugh again would not have all the say like he wants IMO.  So the fit is not there in my eyes.

If we did get Harbaugh next year, his message and demeanor would immediately change this team for the positive.  That is what he does.

• Like 2

I got no answers for this one. No friggin' clue. 

But I do feel that this year is our version of Manning's 2001 season. The next person to take the HC position absolutely has to be a hit out of the park. Otherwise our window with Luck will shut completely. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

From everything I've read, the notion that he was responsible for creating that rift in San Francisco was pretty much exposed as a myth once Tomsula was fired. It seems more and more that Harbaugh was the lone bright spot of an otherwise dysfunctional organization.

• Like 3

Who do I want? Easily Jim Harbaugh.

Who do I think it will be? Dave Toub. 

I think the bigger hire would be hiring Peyton Manning as Team President further distancing Irsay from being involved with the team. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

30 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Same topic for several years now. But my 2 cents, Pats OC

I could get behind Josh McDaniels

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

Harbaugh and Gruden are 99.9% likely to not coach the Colts.

Most likely is the obvious. Dave Toub.

Kravitz said on JMV the other day that Irsay is going to once again go all in on Manning/Gruden once the season ends, and I don't take anything Kravitz says lightly considering he is about as well-sourced as it gets for an Indy media guy.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

From everything I've read, the notion that he was responsible for creating that rift in San Francisco was pretty much exposed as a myth once Tomsula was fired. It seems more and more that Harbaugh was the lone bright spot of an otherwise dysfunctional organization.

Exactly!  York and Baalke were the reason for issues.  York isn't going anywhere but everyone else is gone.