Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How many yards will fournette have.

Stephen

Fournette won't tear us like most think IMO. He's playing hurt, and besides today, where Henry broke that late TD run, the Colts rushing D has been ok against RB's. 

I'll say Fournette does something like 15 carries, 75 yards, and a TD. Bortles will look better than he is though because for some reason we do that to below average QBs.

5 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Fournette won't tear us like most think IMO. He's playing hurt, and besides today, where Henry broke that late TD run, the Colts rushing D has been ok against RB's. 

I'll say Fournette does something like 15 carries, 75 yards, and a TD. Bortles will look better than he is though because for some reason we do that to below average QBs.

Lol I understand what youre saying.. but you know who else was just "banged up"?

33 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Lol I understand what youre saying.. but you know who else was just "banged up"?

33 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

We got beat by hobbled mariota. Embarrassing defeat. I wouldnt be surprised if he breaks 200 yards even if injured. The big run will prob come in 4th quarter when we blow another lead

1 hour ago, needanoline63 said:

We just lost to a team that had a hurt Mariota and DeMarco Murray. Bortles and Co. are gonna steamroll us most likely 

I really hope you don't think that Bortles is better than Mariota (even hobbled).  I do agree Bortles has a better supporting cast but without his best offensive weapon (Allen Robinson), I think that offensive should be manageable to slow down.  If we don't let their defense beat us, we should be in the game.

Bortles probably goes for 350 and 4 TD's because we will play soft zone and watch our LB's chase Fournette, Ivory, and whoever else they can run across the middle on short passing routes. That seems to be the broken record we are playing on D. Fournette will have a good day no doubt, but don't think it will be their running game that beats us.

Our run defense has played quite well.  I thought they held Murray and Henry both really other than that last garbage time TD run by Henry.  The Colts had to worry a lot about Mariota's passing too.  Mariota is a much better pocket passer than Bortles.  I think they'll strictly try to stop the run and force Bortles to make throws and beat them.  If he does they'll live with it.  Hopefully we don't see the Bortles the Colts faced last year in London, he played quite well. 

7 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Well our gameplan will be the key. I think the coaches will really play a lot of zone and nickel packages to keep Blake Bortles from beating us... 

Nobody has stopped Fournette no reason to think the mighty Colts will. 170 yards 2 TDs

Yeah if that's the gameplan don't you think we'll lose? I could've sworn our game plan every game was to play zone  and keep each opposing QB from beating us and look how that's worked..even the two games we won that Zone gave them an opportunity to come back late in the game.. we need to go back to running man coverage on defense talent vs talent/man vs man instead of this sitting back and waiting 

8 minutes ago, will426 said:

Yeah if that's the gameplan don't you think we'll lose? I could've sworn our game plan every game was to play zone  and keep each opposing QB from beating us and look how that's worked..even the two games we won that Zone gave them an opportunity to come back late in the game.. we need to go back to running man coverage on defense talent vs talent/man vs man instead of this sitting back and waiting 

haha re-read it.. "Keep Blake Bortles from beating us"      said no one EVER.. but leave it up to our guys for that to be the gameplan, instead of stacking the box playing press coverage we'll be preparing for Blake to throw 50 times..

The Colts did a pretty good job against the run.  And allowing Henry to score may have been by design, the Colts had no chance to get the ball back, the only chance they had was to let TENN score.  If Henry had been smart once he got to the 10 yard line he should have just fell down, but how do you tell a 2nd year player waiting for his break out game to do that?

That being said Fournette will probably have 45 yards thru the first 3 quarters and then add 70 in the 4th quarter has the Colts go into a prevent D with a 3 point lead and 13 minutes left in the game.

26 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

haha re-read it.. "Keep Blake Bortles from beating us"      said no one EVER.. but leave it up to our guys for that to be the gameplan, instead of stacking the box playing press coverage we'll be preparing for Blake to throw 50 times..

haha my fault bro I read it too quickly I see 

18 minutes ago, The Fish said:

He'll get 100 and a TD. It's the damage after that, that the D will need to contain. Bortles is doing nothing by himself. Keep it that way.

Bortles is throwing for a couple of TDs this Sunday, book it!!! I would love to be wrong though.

We'll probably do a decent job stuffing him.    Problem is we'll gift them the game with the same kind of stupidity as last night.  If we could ever stop gifting these teams the game we could do some things.   Seems like we are always ahead and every single time it's some kind of stupid turnover or something else that we committ that changes the entire landscape of the game.

11 hours ago, tikyle said:

I really hope you don't think that Bortles is better than Mariota (even hobbled).  I do agree Bortles has a better supporting cast but without his best offensive weapon (Allen Robinson), I think that offensive should be manageable to slow down.  If we don't let their defense beat us, we should be in the game.

Our defense definitely will in the second half. 

On 10/17/2017 at 1:57 PM, will426 said:

Our game plan is to gain a double digit lead in the first half and then blow it in the second half