Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mack 2 carries

SevaColt

3 minutes ago, Freenyfan102 said:

I tink this is all Pagano..... Look at the DC in Washington...... Didnt we have him and now there defense was good and when he was here we sucked

It all falls on Pagano. He has thrown all his assistants under the bus in the past to save his own job. That wont cut it this time around though, you can only blame your assistants for so long.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Some of the lack of production came from the offense going three and out over and over in the second half.  When they did get runs in the second half they weren’t getting much.  Give some credit to the Titans they adjusted to what the Colts were doing in the first half.

More blames goes to the Colts though, they had a fumble, several drops, a missed extra point, some bad passes, WRs were not getting opening, looking at you TY, and just some strange play calling at times.  

Whatever they are doing at halftime they need to change it on offense because this offense is stuck in the mud come second half.

I can't even say the titans adjusted they changed one thing defensively which was blitzing 24/7..offensively we didn't go back to what was working at all we went to an entirely different philosophy and then after we got blitzed nonstop we failed to adjust and defensively we stayed in that zone coverage and the titans kept playing exactly how they were and eventually busted coverage happened  

2 minutes ago, will426 said:

I can't even say the titans adjusted they changed one thing defensively which was blitzing 24/7..offensively we didn't go back to what was working at all we went to an entirely different philosophy and then after we got blitzed nonstop we failed to adjust and defensively we stayed in that zone coverage and the titans kept playing exactly how they were and eventually busted coverage happened  

That adjustment to blitz was the difference from their end, it’s disruppeted the offense so credit to them for that.  

With that said the Colts still had several other self inflicted wounds as well.  

7 hours ago, MTC said:

Ask Pagano and Chud.

Titans kept blitzing in the second half and the Colts couldn't handle it. 

Because they refused to do anything about it and just let it happen. 

Where was the max protect? Screen? Slant? 

They sat there and just got overrun and acted like it wasn't happening.

9 hours ago, MTC said:

Not hurt. Colts focused more on the passing game the second half. 

And for what I have no idea.   The main thing that was keeping Brissett with a clean pocket in the first have was the constant mixing and matching of the running game and the passing game.   These fools turn around in the second half and do the exact opposite.   It's amazing how stupid we are in the second halfs of these games.   Totally unbelievable.

8 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Some of the lack of production came from the offense going three and out over and over in the second half.  When they did get runs in the second half they weren’t getting much.  Give some credit to the Titans they adjusted to what the Colts were doing in the first half.

More blames goes to the Colts though, they had a fumble, several drops, a missed extra point, some bad passes, WRs were not getting opening, looking at you TY, and just some strange play calling at times.  

Whatever they are doing at halftime they need to change it on offense because this offense is stuck in the mud come second half.

I think if Gore is getting stuffed you switch up the pace and implement more runs to Mack as a change of pace. Same way Seattle switched up the pace on us in the second half and went more with their speed backs instead of Eddie Lacy.   I just don't see how it's a winning formula especially with the changes we've had on the O line to put the ball almost completely in Brissetts hands and think he's going to win it for us.   There were other issues as well such as Doyle and his Shenanigans but jeesh.  We play a most frustrating brand of football in the second halfs of these games and it's real puzzling.

9 hours ago, colts89 said:

I'm sorry but Brissett isn't worth a 1st at all. So far, he's proved himself to be an average starting QB. Maybe a third round pick but he definitely has a good deal of faults.

You do realize the value of an average starting QB is worth more than just a 1st rounder.  Look what the Rams got for a damaged goods Sam Bradford.  Or go back and look what teams got for the likes of Nick Foles, Matt Cassell, etc.  I mean the Dolphins gave $10M to Jay Cutler.

10 hours ago, MTC said:

Ask Pagano and Chud.

Titans kept blitzing in the second half and the Colts couldn't handle it. 

They just kept going at it with empty backfield formations, which is a fine strategy if you have the ‘05 Colts offense, but it’s not such a great idea with this current group.

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Mack 2 carries = ridiculous. We are tanking

If we are, then why? Is there an absolute stud LB or OL in the draft? Next Zach Martin or Bobby Wagner? Only thing worth tanking a season over. 

In my opinion, Chud just does what he does best and gives us the smallest chance to win after a half of football by taking away our biggest young playmaker. I miss Pep. 

37 minutes ago, tikyle said:

You do realize the value of an average starting QB is worth more than just a 1st rounder.  Look what the Rams got for a damaged goods Sam Bradford.  Or go back and look what teams got for the likes of Nick Foles, Matt Cassell, etc.  I mean the Dolphins gave $10M to Jay Cutler.

Getting rid of Brissett would be stupid in so many ways. Lose a good backup QB, sets up Tolzien to be backup again... I'll stop there. Those 2 negatives are enough to outweigh any trade unless it involved a starting MLB and a first round pick. 

8 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

If we are, then why? Is there an absolute stud LB or OL in the draft? Next Zach Martin or Bobby Wagner? Only thing worth tanking a season over. 

In my opinion, Chud just does what he does best and gives us the smallest chance to win after a half of football by taking away our biggest young playmaker. I miss Pep. 

Not sure what is going on but why wouldn't Mack be in the game at the crucial moments.

3 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Chuds phenomenal awareness at its finest. 

After halftime “adjustments” last night, they completely abandoned the run game in the 2nd half with a 2 score lead & Gore averaging 6 yards per carry (oh, & Marlon Mack). As a result, the offense didn’t get a single 1st down until the 4th quarter. Nice scheme guys, keep up the good work!

11 hours ago, colts89 said:

I'm sorry but Brissett isn't worth a 1st at all. So far, he's proved himself to be an average starting QB. Maybe a third round pick but he definitely has a good deal of faults.

neither was dorsett, thats why we traded him

brisett has been fine, not many teams would ask a 23 year old to join the team as the season starts and then expect them to win games by the second or third week

that is asking too much from a young QB

26 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

After halftime “adjustments” last night, they completely abandoned the run game in the 2nd half with a 2 score lead & Gore averaging 6 yards per carry (oh, & Marlon Mack). As a result, the offense didn’t get a single 1st down until the 4th quarter. Nice scheme guys, keep up the good work!

It's like they go away from what's working. We run the ball well, we stop running. We don't run well, first and second down is HB zone to the right or left

16 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

It's like they go away from what's working. We run the ball well, we stop running. We don't run well, first and second down is HB zone to the right or left

They have a serious love for doing that.  I've said that for quite a while.

We never stick with what we do well .

26 minutes ago, krunk said:

They have a serious love for doing that.  I've said that for quite a while.

We never stick with what we do well .

Honestly, Dick LeBeau just got a lot more aggressive in the 2nd half and most of what we were doing stopped working.  The run wasn't there and there was a lot more pressure on passing downs.  What we should've done was put Mack in and run more screens and short routes to get him in space.  The few times we got Turbin in space good things happened (other than his injury of course).  We needed to get Mack and TY in space if they were going to be that aggressive.  Turbin and Aiken in space just isn't the same.

35 minutes ago, tikyle said:

Honestly, Dick LeBeau just got a lot more aggressive in the 2nd half and most of what we were doing stopped working.  The run wasn't there and there was a lot more pressure on passing downs.  What we should've done was put Mack in and run more screens and short routes to get him in space.  The few times we got Turbin in space good things happened (other than his injury of course).  We needed to get Mack and TY in space if they were going to be that aggressive.  Turbin and Aiken in space just isn't the same.

I totally believe we should have went with Mack more to change the pace.  And everything thing else you're saying.

Clark really struggled with the with the stunting/blitzing combination in the second half. Philbin just has never really solved that with the Colts O-Line. I don't know if the issue is the OL's continuity or ability or both. Probably both I guess.

Add that to the 4 pt loss Moncrief left (a fg vs a td), the missed XP, and Doyle's horrible 2nd half, and playing zone on pass D and there's a loss for you. 

I don't blame the D for running out of gas on the Henry run. The D sure was holding their own vs the run most of the game. I just don't understand not getting after a one-legged QB. Where was Mingo the speed rusher?

I have to admit I've been neutral about Turbin from the get-go, but last night I became a true fan. His effort on the last drive going for the first down was the definition of 100% effort. He would have had the 1st but the 2nd tackler turned him back mid flight. 

Both years we went to the Super Bowl we had good balance between the run and the pass.   Defense was not all world but their was less opportunity to expose them because the offense performed well enough to give them room to play fresh versus being stuck on the field all day long waiting on the offense to get it's crap together.

19 hours ago, colts89 said:

The kid is basically a rookie.   He had no training camp with this offense.   He was thrown to the wolves.   I think he is playing outstanding giving the circumstances

19 hours ago, will426 said:

Chuds gameplan - call one good drive take the lead  then stop trying remainder of game also do not use our second most explosive player who pretty much on his first carry exploded through the hole into the secondary more than twice...Teds Gameplan- Play 10 Yards off in Off Coverage Zone every play giving them free release..drop 8 in coverage instead of blitzing a qb who when he did have a chance ran and slid for 2 yards because he knew he was too hurt to run...yes let the man stand in the pocket without any threat of being blitzed with a bum leg...why the hell didn't we get wade Phillips at least he blitzs like hell and plays press man even though his defense is also giving up alot of points it's still contested 

What’s sad Will is he didn’t even get 2 yards. He was so unwilling to run, he slid down behind the line of scrimmage...  & We continued to let him sit back there like a statue & shred our zone defense...  Like Venturi said 2 weeks ago: Our coaching staff is incompetent. 

11 hours ago, ColtsBlitz said:

We all saw the way Pep got production & usage out of our backs. Especially Bradshaw & even Trent.  If he could get Trent touches & production, I assure you that Mack would have gotten more than 2 carries under Pep and he would have been used effectively out of the backfield too. Plus, I think he would have gotten another tight end some touches with Doyle struggling...  

Chud is just an extension of Chuck’s incompetence. Same for Monachino. If Irsay doesn’t allow Ballard to clean house, then it’s time for him to sell the team to Peyton &/or others because the incompetence would have spread too far if they are retained again. The guy is just not HC material. We drafted a damn Rolls Royce in Luck & gave the keys to an incompetent fool who clearly has no business behind the wheel.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Luck’s family didn’t pull a power move & say we’re not allowing Andrew to come back until he’s surrounded by competent coaches...  Has to be hard for a guy with NFL experience to see his son’s career being wasted because of incompetence... If things keep trending like they have been, I see no reason to bring Luck back this year. 

Just hire a new HC soon in the offseason & get Luck the playbook early so he can start learning the new system. 

They have zero creativity.

Kills me when as soon as we get a first down, 10 out of 10 times the next play is a run right up the gut for 2. It's like they believe in throwing away first down. 

Or they purposely go away from whatever is working and refuse to go back to it.

After Mack's first long run, he should have been fed until he starts getting continually stopped.

They won't ever take us to the mountain top.

19 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

They aren’t tanking they are just doing strange things.  I’d agree Pagano needs to go because he’s not good enough but If they were tanking Tolizen would still be in there and there would be no talk of Luck coming back.

Also NFL teams don’t tank because if you go 2-14 or 3-13 or whatever, the coaches and a lot of the players who would have to go along with tanking would lose their jobs.

Are we tanking? We'll see at the end of the season. If Pagano stays, then yes. If Pagano is gone, then no. As far as Tolizen not still in there. It would make it to obvious that we are tanking. So you just have the coach make really bad coaching decisions, and tell him he'll be retained.

14 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I'm not surprised. Pagano has always done this with talented young players. This is the same guy who didn't start Hooker week 1, made Moncrief play behind Hakeem Nicks, and started TJ Green at CB over Wilson week 1. 

High School Chuck

2 hours ago, ColtsCharm said:

Are we tanking? We'll see at the end of the season. If Pagano stays, then yes. If Pagano is gone, then no. As far as Tolizen not still in there. It would make it to obvious that we are tanking. So you just have the coach make really bad coaching decisions, and tell him he'll be retained.

Again the players you need to buy in to tank would get cut ie lose their jobs to make it happen.  It doesn’t happen.  Also Pagano has been making the same dumb decisions since he got here.  So he must be really committed to this tanking thing...

Also if they were tanking they wouldn’t care to hide it.  The tickets are already sold and there is no punishment for it.  I know it’s a different sport but the 76ers came out and told the world they were going to tank and nothing happened to them.  There is no reason to hide it.  It just fits the conspiracy theory for those who want to believe it.