Mack 2 carries

SevaColt

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, MTC said:

Ask Pagano and Chud.

Titans kept blitzing in the second half and the Colts couldn't handle it. 

Yeah and you'd assume they'd come up with a quick strike slant or something to counter it after, what, their 8th blitz in a row? smh these coaches 

10 minutes ago, Calmack said:

Yeah and you'd assume they'd come up with a quick strike slant or something to counter it after, what, their 8th blitz in a row? smh these coaches 

They can't make second half adjustments.  We are behind the eight ball every week with the minds we have coaching this team.

2 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Coaching staff gonna coaching staff. 

I just don't know what to say to things like this anymore. It just is what it is. It's just another annoying day at the office. 

Added, no reason he shouldn't be featured more today.

There isn't any kind of logic it seems at times.

'Let's just try this' type play calling.

They didn't run Gore much either, especially after half. Only had 10 carries all game, his lowest since week 1. Ended up costing me my fantasy game because of it too. Only needed 2 stinking points from him after halftime to win and only he got a couple attempts and one pass in garbage time . This coaching staff is not NFL caliber, as soon as the other team adjusts at halftime it is over. 

16 minutes ago, BPindy said:

The excuse will be that he can't pick up blitzes. What he CAN do though is catch screens that neutralize blitzes...

Of course they will say that. But they also split him out wide several times, which took away any pass protection responsibility. Of course it also took him completely out of the play as well. Just unbelievably poor playcalling.

Chuds gameplan - call one good drive take the lead  then stop trying remainder of game also do not use our second most explosive player who pretty much on his first carry exploded through the hole into the secondary more than twice...Teds Gameplan- Play 10 Yards off in Off Coverage Zone every play giving them free release..drop 8 in coverage instead of blitzing a qb who when he did have a chance ran and slid for 2 yards because he knew he was too hurt to run...yes let the man stand in the pocket without any threat of being blitzed with a bum leg...why the hell didn't we get wade Phillips at least he blitzs like hell and plays press man even though his defense is also giving up alot of points it's still contested 

31 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Hes a good back up, which is what we need him to be anyway.

Yeah he's definitely a capable backup.  I'm not sure why he didn't cut that run upwards and focused more on getting out of bounds though.  That was pretty frustrating.  I feel he could've just cut it upwards but in the end it was a great play by the defender. 

3 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Yeah he's definitely a capable backup.  I'm not sure why he didn't cut that run upwards and focused more on getting out of bounds though.  That was pretty frustrating.  I feel he could've just cut it upwards but in the end it was a great play by the defender. 

They probably told him not to run like they did Luck back when he decided to throw a pass to Allen in that broncos game on 4th and 1 lmao

5 minutes ago, will426 said:

They probably told him not to run like they did Luck back when he decided to throw a pass to Allen in that broncos game on 4th and 1 lmao

Possibly, it wouldn't shock me by any means.  Team seems to like playing to lose the game the last few years.  It's understandable this year without Luck but sheesh some of these decisions wow me.  They completely abandon the run in the second half, which was working. 

13 minutes ago, will426 said:

Chuds gameplan - call one good drive take the lead  then stop trying remainder of game also do not use our second most explosive player who pretty much on his first carry exploded through the hole into the secondary more than twice...Teds Gameplan- Play 10 Yards off in Off Coverage Zone every play giving them free release..drop 8 in coverage instead of blitzing a qb who when he did have a chance ran and slid for 2 yards because he knew he was too hurt to run...yes let the man stand in the pocket without any threat of being blitzed with a bum leg...why the hell didn't we get wade Phillips at least he blitzs like hell and plays press man even though his defense is also giving up alot of points it's still contested 

I could not agree more. Monachino is not a DC. We draft press corners but we play zone or off coverage. Morrison doesn't have the speed to shut down the corner vs the run and he can't cover anyone Bostic isn't much better. George has sideline to sideline speed and is better in coverage but the guy never sees the field. How is that?  

The O we don't get the ball to Mack at all 2 touches. TY doesn't have a target in the second  half. I know we didn't get a ton of plays BC Doyle was busy giving the ball away. A fumble and 2 drops on 3rd down and he's still on the field to almost have a second fumble. The decisions made by these clowns week in and week out are pathetic. 

31 minutes ago, indy1888 said:

They didn't run Gore much either, especially after half. Only had 10 carries all game, his lowest since week 1. Ended up costing me my fantasy game because of it too. Only needed 2 stinking points from him after halftime to win and only he got a couple attempts and one pass in garbage time . This coaching staff is not NFL caliber, as soon as the other team adjusts at halftime it is over. 

Some of the lack of production came from the offense going three and out over and over in the second half.  When they did get runs in the second half they weren’t getting much.  Give some credit to the Titans they adjusted to what the Colts were doing in the first half.

More blames goes to the Colts though, they had a fumble, several drops, a missed extra point, some bad passes, WRs were not getting opening, looking at you TY, and just some strange play calling at times.  

Whatever they are doing at halftime they need to change it on offense because this offense is stuck in the mud come second half.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Mack 2 carries = ridiculous. We are tanking

They aren’t tanking they are just doing strange things.  I’d agree Pagano needs to go because he’s not good enough but If they were tanking Tolizen would still be in there and there would be no talk of Luck coming back.

Also NFL teams don’t tank because if you go 2-14 or 3-13 or whatever, the coaches and a lot of the players who would have to go along with tanking would lose their jobs.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

They aren’t tanking they are just doing strange things.  If they were tanking Tolizen would still be in there and there would be no talk of Luck coming back.

Also NFL teams don’t tank because if you 2-14 or 3-13 or whatever, the coaches and a lot of the players who would have to go along with tanking would lose their jobs.

OK I am just venting right now but 2 freakin carries is ridiculous from a guy that dominated last week. I know the tanking myth is a myth

31 minutes ago, strt182 said:

We basically abandoned the run in the second half. If it works keep doing it until they make you change it. Then you throw in some play actions but you have to establish the run first. We seemed to run pretty decent in the first half.

Its funny how they never get it right. 3 straight run plays in games where it isn't working,  then abandoning it with Frank  running well and Mack not being used.

kinda like how we were always a 2nd half team, and now a 1st half team

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

OK I am just venting right now but 2 freakin carries is ridiculous from a guy that dominated last week. I know the tanking myth is a myth

Oh I agree.  Once again Pagano proves to be too inflexible to be a NFL head coach.  The Colts start the game with Gore for two series no matter what then Mack gets a series then back to Gore unless it’s third down or hurry up Drive then it’s Turbin until he gets tired.  That’s Pagano’s plan and he will stick to it no matter what.  Hopefully he sticks to it right out of town.  

By the way Gore had the first down on that fourth down play too.  Maybe he should trust his Hall of Fame running back rather than relaying on a backup QB who was clearly rattled in the second half with them game on the line.  Just a thought...