Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This playcalling has to go ASAP

VaAllDay757

Seriously is chuck foolish at times? Because I see nothing about him being a good coach. Gruden called every dumb mistake he made.....why is sheard in coverage? Why isn't there max protection when the titans are blitzing so much? Just stupid and he didn't have wilson actived for the game and the secondary looked worse than ever

You think all of this is Chuck? Really, he may be the head coach but some plays are due to what the other offense does. Max protection is Chud, and at that point we needed people to run some patterns. Wilson ya. At this point i'd rather him start over Davis cuz Davis is not looking good. And dumb mistakes, coming from the guy who blew a 21 point lead with under 4 left. The Brissett play at the end. I liked the call. Hate how he took so long to run. He paused and went back before he went forward. If he wouldve pulled and go he wouldve easily reached the edge and got it

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

I'm done with this coaching staff. I just can't take it anymore. Both Chud and Monachino are awful. Fire them on the plane home.

haha ikr Zone Coverage when all of our secondary other than Melvin can play it especially OFF COVERAGE...then on Offense Chuds lack of adjustments and creativity...he does this all the time that 2nd drive chud called plays that were perfect and he went completely away from all that the moment we took the lead 

2 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

You think all of this is Chuck? Really, he may be the head coach but some plays are due to what the other offense does. Max protection is Chud, and at that point we needed people to run some patterns. Wilson ya. At this point i'd rather him start over Davis cuz Davis is not looking good. And dumb mistakes, coming from the guy who blew a 21 point lead with under 4 left. The Brissett play at the end. I liked the call. Hate how he took so long to run. He paused and went back before he went forward. If he wouldve pulled and go he wouldve easily reached the edge and got it

Davis allowed 1 catch While playing man coverage? the defense as a whole SUCKED  while playing ZONE COVERAGE...as for that bootleg to the side where ALL the defenders were already stacked..it did seem like brissett hesitated but also seemed like he didn't know if he was suppose to pass the ball or run even Woodyard hesitated then he sprinted fully at him

Check every game thread I've complied about this crappy zone coverage each time it's not how we played since the Peyton Manning days... Manusky had us in tight press coverage and Davis was legit shutting people down butler was shutting people down hell even TOLER  was shutting people down..now we have way better talent and you force them all to play 10 yards off giving these speedy 4.3-4.4 receivers a free release the first 10 yards then expect the corner to keep up..I mean hooker was even caught by surprise and the play was right in front of him as well it's an obvious sign we should not be playing zone

2 minutes ago, will426 said:

Davis allowed 1 catch While playing man coverage? the defense as a whole SUCKED  while playing ZONE COVERAGE...as for that bootleg to the side where ALL the defenders were already stacked..it did seem like brissett hesitated but also seemed like he didn't know if he was suppose to pass the ball or run even Woodyard hesitated then he sprinted fully at him

Davis though overall since he has comeback has been very beatable and that is the problem. When we go man with him it still isnt great confidence. Wilson should be starting and going mostly man with zone in the middle for the linebacker almost. And still Brissett should have gone right away. That one was a bootleg and I was hoping we'd do that but he hesitated and it cost. I still think he was over by the time the ball was out, but these refs aren't good. It almost seems as though Lewan would move early. If you watched him he would move then ball would go. Almost every play

Just now, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Davis though overall since he has comeback has been very beatable and that is the problem. When we go man with him it still isnt great confidence. Wilson should be starting and going mostly man with zone in the middle for the linebacker almost. And still Brissett should have gone right away. That one was a bootleg and I was hoping we'd do that but he hesitated and it cost. I still think he was over by the time the ball was out, but these refs aren't good. It almost seems as though Lewan would move early. If you watched him he would move then ball would go. Almost every play

Davis has given up a total of like 3-4 catches in man coverage since he's been back. This is what he specializes in now on the other hand playing off coverage and in zone he's be demolished..that I can agree with because HE ISNT A ZONE CORNER he has always sucked in zone and will forever suck in zone but I don't think Ted realizes this..and yeah refs sucked spotted Henry an extra two yards..on the mariota sneak the center clearly moved before snapping the ball because mariota and him pretty much had the first before the entire line moved 

Power formation bootlegs are the way to go!  Everyone's doing it. . . . er, wait.  When I saw the formation in general I knew something was going to go horribly wrong.  Why don't they just spread the D out and run up the middle with Gore like they usually do for positive yardage???

If this happened one game, well we "should have".... but this is such a predictable pattern with this team. How in the world guys who are paid big money to coach a team can't see these simple, basic patterns is just moronic. Your head has to be firmly placed up your b&tt not to see how self-destructive these patterns are game after game after game. . Yet we do the same thing, game after game after game.  The only teams that we beat are the only two winless teams in the league. They came close, but were just too bad to finish us off. Everyone else plows us with our poor coaching and lack of execution.

Chuck, Chud and Ted have to be on some strong meds to be so unaware.

U got that right, they even give bad plays to Luck when the game is on the line. U know what, fire the coach, offensive coordinator, and the general manager, bcuz the last 3 yrs gave me high blood pressure and asthma.

Edited by Jason Ford
Spelling and capitalization

1 hour ago, OHColtfan said:

If this happened one game, well we "should have".... but this is such a predictable pattern with this team. How in the world guys who are paid big money to coach a team can't see these simple, basic patterns is just moronic. Your head has to be firmly placed up your b&tt not to see how self-destructive these patterns are game after game after game. . Yet we do the same thing, game after game after game.  The only teams that we beat are the only two winless teams in the league. They came close, but were just too bad to finish us off. Everyone else plows us with our poor coaching and lack of execution.

Chuck, Chud and Ted have to be on some strong meds to be so unaware.

Fournette may go for 200 yards

I've said it about 20x now, but Chuck can only coach a half of a game. 

They continue to put DE's and LB's that CAN'T cover into coverage. 

Why does Mack only get 2 carries?? 

Hilton vanishes and nobody else steps up!? 

Refusal to max protect when Titans blitz 10x in a row, or not throwing a screen or slant. 

Moncrief and Clark had some huge drops last night, and there's Chuck just clapping away. 

SAME OLD CRAP, DIFFERENT GAME. 

8 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

I'm done with this coaching staff. I just can't take it anymore. Both Chud and Monachino are awful. Fire them on the plane home.

Chud yes, Monachino maybe. Desir missed an assignment so one TD was on him, the last was once again on the linebackers, missing 2 tackles. Our defensive line is one of the best in the league but it doesn't show because Morrison and Bostic are so terrible. 

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

That was not a designed play, it was a broken play.

The fact that Gruden didn't realize that showed me he isn't really a coach anymore. Anyone that doesn't know football would probably know that was not an actual play. Brissett looked confused on the handoff, then just kept it and ran

I thought the defense played well considering they were gassed because the offense couldn't move the ball in the second half because the play calling was awful. The thing that I don't understand is if they know that Mariota isn't going to run because of his injury why not put more pressure on him instead of always rushing 3 or 4 and playing zone. Didn't really make sense to me at all. 

11 minutes ago, Fisher8820 said:

I thought the defense played well considering they were gassed because the offense couldn't move the ball in the second half because the play calling was awful. The thing that I don't understand is if they know that Mariota isn't going to run because of his injury why not put more pressure on him instead of always rushing 3 or 4 and playing zone. Didn't really make sense to me at all. 

because Manochino is a horrible DC who thinks that jsut because something worked in the 1st quarter it will continue to work in the 4th qtr.

I've done my best to give them (O and D coordinators) the benefit of the doubt. But when

Mack gets fewer touches

Hilton isn't moved around

Defense can't get off the field

Almost no designed plays to slow a rush or hide a bad O-Line (Seriously, this team should be a screen/draw/Bootleg GOD)

84(?) Points now given up in the 4th quarter alone this year

Last year Id almost have no interest in the game until the middle of the 2nd quarter. This year, I have no interest in watching the 2nd half. 

God bless Chuck, but dear lord its time to move on. 

Fourth and one with the game on the line and you call a bootleg.  Okay,  problem is Brissett runs back five yards before heading for the sideline!  What kind of play design is that?  You aren't playing grandmothers.  These are fast men. Terrible design IMO.  And if a coach needs to go Philbin should be 1st.  He has everybody fooled.  Ballard met with all the coaches when he was hired and Philbin obviously told him he was satisfied with his OL.  Especially with the way Clark and Haag closed out last year.  Was he ever wrong.  They drafted a few guys in the later rounds and Banner, a fourth is already gone.  All of those FA linemen out there last year and nothing.  We need a new OL coach who can find and develop players.   His incompetence is way overlooked. 

11 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Fourth and one with the game on the line and you call a bootleg.  Okay,  problem is Brissett runs back five yards before heading for the sideline!  What kind of play design is that?  You aren't playing grandmothers.  These are fast men. Terrible design IMO.  And if a coach needs to go Philbin should be 1st.  He has everybody fooled.  Ballard met with all the coaches when he was hired and Philbin obviously told him he was satisfied with his OL.  Especially with the way Clark and Haag closed out last year.  Was he ever wrong.  They drafted a few guys in the later rounds and Banner, a fourth is already gone.  All of those FA linemen out there last year and nothing.  We need a new OL coach who can find and develop players.   His incompetence is way overlooked. 

LOL at this, so true. :) 

4 hours ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Chud yes, Monachino maybe. Desir missed an assignment so one TD was on him, the last was once again on the linebackers, missing 2 tackles. Our defensive line is one of the best in the league but it doesn't show because Morrison and Bostic are so terrible. 

My biggest beef with Monachino is he plays zone way too much and the Colts are terrible playing zone. WRs get wide open all over the field when he does it. Baffling.

THUMBS DOWN

>> Playcalling: The Colts had great offensive balance in the first half of Monday’s game, and that served to keep the Titans’ defense at bay. With Frank Gore gashing the Tennessee front for six yards per carry, and Marlon Mack ripping off a 22-yard run, the Colts were enjoying consistent success on the ground.

The Colts called 17 pass plays and 10 rushes in the first half. Things got more skewed in the second half when the Colts’ play selection was 21 pass plays and seven called runs. The trend toward more called passes gave the Titans a better opportunity to deploy creative blitzes. The Colts’ makeshift offensive line – Le’Raven Clark was playing guard in place of Jack Mewhort – handled it fairly well, but it made life much harder on quarterback Jacoby Brissett, who struggled to find open receivers.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2017/10/17/colts-thumbs-up-down-rashaan-melvin-john-simon-shine-rob-chudzinski-not-so-much/762218001/

This right here is the thing that I'm talking about.    The utter lack of balance that we get into in these second halves.   In almost every circumstance where we've blown these games you will find our second half numbers look like the above.  21 Passes and 7 runs behind a line that you know was make shift and a young QB.  I haven't checked the official numbers of the other games but I know how I feel when I'm watching it unfold.   And when we get out of balance it usually always ends up in turnovers,  dropped passes and turnovers for the opposition.  They have to rein this mess in .