Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Time to look to next season

TigerColt

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Play calling was atrocious, coaching was horrible, adjustments in the second half non existent, this team  and the coaches were terrible tonight and any other games from here on.....This is dental work, need to pull out the pain and that's the coaching staff!!!!!!!!!!!

33 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

when chud did call a good play bad players dropped or fumbled the ball, total lack of talent

You think we lost this game because we lack the talent to compete?  You don't think Doyle is a NFL caliber TE? We have the talent to beat Tenn I am not sure what you saw to make you think otherwise. We should have beat them on the road with a patchwork OL and a back up QB. 

The biggest problem with this team is our coaches don't hold players accountable. Doyle should have been on the bench. Hey fumble jump offsides, take penalties no worries guys. I have coached Pop Warner teams that are more disciplined. Then the 3 blind mice don't  put the talent on the field and/or get them the ball. All we here is how Mack will see more touches. Mack had 2 touches is that a season low? TY didn't have a 2nd half target. That can't happen. 

The D is a joke Monachino is the punchline. We sit in zone or off coverage and give up 1st downs every week. We still don't get George in at ILB The only guy on the roster with the speed to play sideline to sideline. He can close the corner vs the run and is better in coverage than both starters but we don't play him week after week. We know it here's a quote about George from our DC:  Monachino said. “He’s shown that he can be a three-down inside linebacker, and those guys are hard to find. He’s athletic and he’s explosive enough that he can cover, but not at all scared to go down and taken on the G in the run game."

We need more talent but we aren't losing games because of it right now. We are losing games we should win because our coaches aren't talented. 

There were a few series tonight were turbin was out on the field when it should have been Mack. Pags made a false claim to the media when he said Mack would get more carries. well just to let you all know 2 att for 18 yards is NOT more carries. I believe tonight would have been a big night for Mack because early on in the first quarter he had already showed flashes that this defense was not gonna be able to contain him. But then pags robbed him of doing anything after that.

7 hours ago, MTC said:

I mean, what did you guys expect with a Pagano team without Luck?

The second half collapse should not be surprising to anyone. We've seen this before every game where the offense stifles and the defense is gassed. 

Luck wont make that much of a difference with this current roster. Not enough to turn things around as great as he is.

5 hours ago, akcolt said:

You think we lost this game because we lack the talent to compete?  You don't think Doyle is a NFL caliber TE? We have the talent to beat Tenn I am not sure what you saw to make you think otherwise. We should have beat them on the road with a patchwork OL and a back up QB. 

This is not the Titans of yesteryear. They probably look at the Colts and say the exact same thing. Don't fool yourself, Indy is not that good right now unfortunately . Tenn has great running backs, a vey solid offensive line and MM has only gotten better each year and is very talented. They are better than the Colts.

There is a big debate over here about this subject as well, when a soccer team fails, is it the players fault or is it the way they are coached. More often than not it is the coach that is fired and the players stay.

Taking Doyle as an example

Was he in the correct place to make the catches - Yes

Was the ball thrown to him in a way that allowed him to catch it - Yes

So how can it be the coaches fault that he dropped/fumbled the ball as often as he did?

That said it is the coaches responsibility to rally and inspire the players when things are going against them, from what I saw last night Pagano did not seem capable of doing this, especially when he saw history repeating itself in the closing stages of the game.

He should have been doing what it took to make the players aware of the consequences of another defeat rather than pick up the pieces after it happened.

I think the only thing that will make Pagano leave is if the revenues flowing into the team take a dip and the fans turn against him (if they haven't done so already), I do not like to see any-one getting the sack in any walk of life, but I do not think if he were to go he would need to "sign on" with the type of payoff he would received.

As I have said before, I watch from afar, but even from here things do not look good.

6 hours ago, gacoop1 said:

Another yawner, when Pagano and Co get booted out of Indy and  hopefully soon, this team might have a chance to be above average....

It’s gonna be a very good football team. With the right coaches the sky is the limit for an Andrew luck Led team with a good defense and o line

7 hours ago, Andrew86 said:

You really think Andrew Luck alone is going to be enough to fix the disaster that this team is?  I don't think so but I hope you are right.  I believe this team is a lot worse than people on this forum think.  

Listened to Bill Polian talk about the boost Manning have to his Colts. Said the trust factor enabled the whole team to play better.

Luck can do that. In the meantime, the Oline played pretty good last night, the Dline stopped the run (other than the big run at the end), and so much crap play (dropped passes, missed assignments, etc) can be cleaned up. People point to the ineptitude of the defense but they were gassed in part, because the offense couldn’t move the ball.

Truth is, things are wide open in the AFC South. The teams that get/stay relatively healthy and peak at the right time usually do well.

I find it hard to believe the additions of Luck, Good, Swoope, Rogers and Geathers won’t make this team better. To ignore that is not being realistic.

We don’t know how this is going to turn out but this season is far from over.

7 hours ago, Alan Divers said:

With all these injuries year after year, and the constant 2nd half breakdowns; I really question the Colts strength and conditioning program and staff.. Something stinks here..

ive said for years that it is the FIELD!!  Ever since Lucas Oil Stadium opened, we've been a nightmare for injuries.  I do believe they replaced the practice field at the exact same time too.  

3 hours ago, Shadow_Creek said:

There were a few series tonight were turbin was out on the field when it should have been Mack. Pags made a false claim to the media when he said Mack would get more carries. well just to let you all know 2 att for 18 yards is NOT more carries. I believe tonight would have been a big night for Mack because early on in the first quarter he had already showed flashes that this defense was not gonna be able to contain him. But then pags robbed him of doing anything after that.

Mack was tackled for a loss. That's when they apparently pulled him out of the game. 

I guess it's okay to hold Mack accountable. But if it's one of "Chuck's Guys" then they get a free pass. 

Looking at next season, I feel like we some solid pieces. Just need to clear the coaching staff (except for schoteinheimer and Robert mathis, D line coach).

Offense

Luck

Hilton

Moncrief

Rogera

Doyle

Kelly

Clark

Good

Costanzo

New OT and maybe A new OG

Mack ( depending on how he does)

Defense

Simon

Sheard

Anderson

Woods

Hnakins

Hooker

Geathers

Farley

Hairston

Melvin

Wilson

Two new ILBS plus a new corner( depending on Wilson)

so we are basically two ILBS, two O line men and a corner and a coaching staff away from being dominant.

Have hope 

8 hours ago, MarquisJ said:

Jack Doyle is a second string tightend, I almost want to blame the entire game on him. 

OR, maybe he needs to focus. We know he can catch.

Talent vs execution- I guess we differ on what can change and what can’t. I’ve seen Jack Doyle play better than he did last night.

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

To be honest, that's a lot to fix in one offseason... 

I mean we do have the draft and free agency. 

Coachin staff change should be our first priority.

Then ILB'S

Oline.

Cb'

in that order. Not too worried about CB's doe.  A LOT of potential.

Man I hope Anthony Walker lights up.

38 minutes ago, dacoltsboi1213 said:

Looking at next season, I feel like we some solid pieces. Just need to clear the coaching staff (except for schoteinheimer and Robert mathis, D line coach).

Offense

Luck

Hilton

Moncrief

Rogera

Doyle

Kelly

Clark

Good

Costanzo

Defense

Simon

Sheard

Anderson

Woods

Hnakins

Hooker

Geathers

Farley

Hairston

Melvin

Wilson

so we are basically two ILBS, two O line men and a corner and a coaching staff away from being dominant.

Have hope 

Still we don't have any pass rush.

42 minutes ago, dacoltsboi1213 said:

Offense

Luck

Hilton

Moncrief

Rogera

Doyle

Kelly

Clark

Good

Costanzo

Defense

Simon

Sheard

Anderson

Woods

Hnakins

Hooker

Geathers

Farley

Hairston

Melvin

Wilson

Have hope 

We are like at lkeaat 3 linemen away both guards are not very good and I'm being nice busy saying just one T we definitely need 2 new ILB we need a good running back still not sure Mack is good enough to be our Bell fournette or Elliot 

46 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

It is going to be a GREAT offseason!

New HC, OC & DC!

Top draft picks!

Money to burn on FA!

:thmup:

... and it is not like we doesn't have certain pieces on offense and defense already, we have. 

Ballard has a lot of work to do, no doubt, but it is going to be GREAT!

Or is it? 

200.webp#6-grid1

2 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

Listened to Bill Polian talk about the boost Manning have to his Colts. Said the trust factor enabled the whole team to play better.

Luck can do that. In the meantime, the Oline played pretty good last night, the Dline stopped the run (other than the big run at the end), and so much crap play (dropped passes, missed assignments, etc) can be cleaned up. People point to the ineptitude of the defense but they were gassed in part, because the offense couldn’t move the ball.

Truth is, things are wide open in the AFC South. The teams that get/stay relatively healthy and peak at the right time usually do well.

I find it hard to believe the additions of Luck, Good, Swoope, Rogers and Geathers won’t make this team better. To ignore that is not being realistic.

We don’t know how this is going to turn out but this season is far from over.

we have a bottom three team in the league.  the only reason we have wins is because we played the worst two teams at home

we will be like 2-6 by the time those players come back, its getting late

5 minutes ago, King Colt said:

When the Colts are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs and Luck has not yet played but is now healthy would you put him in?

probably, but if he comes back in the next month or so, we wont be eliminated yet.

i dont think we will make the playoffs, but we are only one game back at the moment

2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Mack was tackled for a loss. That's when they apparently pulled him out of the game. 

I guess it's okay to hold Mack accountable. But if it's one of "Chuck's Guys" then they get a free pass. 

Hold someone accountable!?? 

Chuck claps for everything and never pulls players when they screw up. 

8 hours ago, akcolt said:

The biggest problem with this team is our coaches don't hold players accountable. Doyle should have been on the bench. Hey fumble jump offsides, take penalties no worries guys. I have coached Pop Warner teams that are more disciplined. Then the 3 blind mice don't  put the talent on the field and/or get them the ball. All we here is how Mack will see more touches. Mack had 2 touches is that a season low? TY didn't have a 2nd half target. That can't happen. 

The D is a joke Monachino is the punchline. We sit in zone or off coverage and give up 1st downs every week. We still don't get George in at ILB The only guy on the roster with the speed to play sideline to sideline. He can close the corner vs the run and is better in coverage than both starters but we don't play him week after week. We know it here's a quote about George from our DC:  Monachino said. “He’s shown that he can be a three-down inside linebacker, and those guys are hard to find. He’s athletic and he’s explosive enough that he can cover, but not at all scared to go down and taken on the G in the run game."

We need more talent but we aren't losing games because of it right now. We are losing games we should win because our coaches aren't talented. 

One of the best posts that I have read on this forum. It really hits the nail on the head. The Colts are so poorly coached that they cannot compete. The players are not held to a high standard so they make the same mistakes over and over. The OLine miss assignments. We do not use are playmaker (Mack). We catch the ball 5 yards deep in the endzone on kickoffs and bring the ball out to the 15. (the long run started at about the one).  We miss multiple assignments on defense. George will start for the new coach next year and Mack will carry the ball 15 times a game. 

1 minute ago, NM_Colts said:

Nope.  Let him continue to heal IMO.

we wont be mathematically eliminated for a while, only one game back now

i dont think we will make the playoffs regardless of when he comes back, but i would still play him