Colts @ Titans Monday Night Football Game Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jim is awesome. I got an autograph pic with him. He was a great QB here and was a play away from winning the SB with an Average QB. Imagine if he had Andrew. People against him coming here I don't understand it. The 49ers were doo doo and then when took over they became Very Good and almost a Champ.

The 49ers had collected top picks for a decade before they got him...and he quickly wore out his welcome with the players, coaches, and bosses. Sure let's bring him here. This staff isn't great but I'd take them over Jim any day. There is no magical fix. Better coaching with better players and better execution. We have to realize we are back to square 1...if we are as fortunate as the first time we might be playing for a SB in a couple years.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

The 49ers had collected top picks for a decade before they got him...and he quickly wore out his welcome with the players, coaches, and bosses. Sure let's bring him here. This staff isn't great but I'd take them over Jim any day. There is no magical fix. Better coaching with better players and better execution. We have to realize we are back to square 1...if we are as fortunate as the first time we might be playing for a SB in a couple years.

If we had Jim from day 1 when we 1st had Andrew we would already have a Ring IMO in this era, our D would've been much better and with him Coaching he wouldn't be making boneheaded timeouts, etc..

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we had Jim from day 1 when we 1st had Andrew we would already have a Ring IMO in this era, our D would've been much better and with him Coaching he wouldn't be making boneheaded timeouts, etc..

You mean Jim working with Grigsons players winning a SB!!! Ohhh man I laughed so hard I about split my pants lol!!! Thanks for the laugh...needed that after a depressing night. Have a good night...I'm sure you'll dream well...seeing as you have such a vivid imagination! Laters guys....we can regroup and try again next week...at least it won't be a prime time failure.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

You mean Jim working with Grigsons players winning a SB!!! Ohhh man I laughed so hard I about split my pants lol!!! Thanks for the laugh...needed that after a depressing night. Have a good night...I'm sure you'll dream well...seeing as you have such a vivid imagination! Laters guys....we can regroup and try again next week...at least it won't be a prime time failure.

No Jim would've had say so on the Draft unlike Chucky, Grigs wouldn't of been able to bully him like he did Chuck.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Spot on...Harbaugh came to the 49ers knowing that they needed only one thing...coaching....and maybe a QB.  They had pro bowl caliber talent across the defense, with a couple HOFs likely in there.  The line had 3 pro bowlers in Staley, Iupati and Goodwin. Frank Gore in the backfield.  Two pro bowl tight ends.  Crabtree.  They needed an edge rusher, which they got in Aldon Smith.  The only question was whether they could get Alex Smith to perform.  Harbaugh knew what he was doing.  He likes Luck a lot, but there is a talent gap that he may not want to suffer.

7 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Where are you??

Hi Chris, I live just outside Glasgow in Scotland and could not believe what I was watching last night, I am now at my work with only 2 hours sleep after watching us throw yet another game away, I don't know what is said to the players at half time but it needs to change.

I thought we were going to get the win when we scored the defensive touchdown early in the 3rd, but after that it was really really poor to watch.

I accept that I am no NFL master tactician, but playing against a QB with only one working leg I would have thought we could have applied a bit more pressure.

Anyway, I just hope to stay awake for the rest of the day and hope I remember last night the next time we are playing a game that is broadcast through the night in UK, (but I probably won't as hope springs eternal) even with this team.

1 hour ago, kcccolts said:

Hi Chris, I live just outside Glasgow in Scotland and could not believe what I was watching last night, I am now at my work with only 2 hours sleep after watching us throw yet another game away, I don't know what is said to the players at half time but it needs to change.

I thought we were going to get the win when we scored the defensive touchdown early in the 3rd, but after that it was really really poor to watch.

I accept that I am no NFL master tactician, but playing against a QB with only one working leg I would have thought we could have applied a bit more pressure.

Anyway, I just hope to stay awake for the rest of the day and hope I remember last night the next time we are playing a game that is broadcast through the night in UK, (but I probably won't as hope springs eternal) even with this team.

Wow you have guts! I wish you luck, I thought I was gonna be hurting today.

But yes another failed 2nd half :( we don't look like the same team after half time. We def shoulda been able to pressure the QB more. But oh well.. we're on the Jacksonville Fournettes, perhaps we'll play them with in the nickel or dime package all game...gotta gear up for the pass ya know!

6 hours ago, A8bil said:

Spot on...Harbaugh came to the 49ers knowing that they needed only one thing...coaching....and maybe a QB.  They had pro bowl caliber talent across the defense, with a couple HOFs likely in there.  The line had 3 pro bowlers in Staley, Iupati and Goodwin. Frank Gore in the backfield.  Two pro bowl tight ends.  Crabtree.  They needed an edge rusher, which they got in Aldon Smith.  The only question was whether they could get Alex Smith to perform.  Harbaugh knew what he was doing.  He likes Luck a lot, but there is a talent gap that he may not want to suffer.

Look into hw things have gone at Michigan.     The things he says and does

You don't want any part of Harbaugh.....You really don't..

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jim Harbaugh is crazy......He would not last here....Look into the things he says and does.

Would not fly here..

You can want all out coaches and owners fired and replaced.......but Good Lord, you don't want Jim Harbaugh.

Flat out crazy....

9 hours ago, Tony6759 said:

Can someone explain to why Brisetts ran was not a first down....

I'll try Tony.....but I thought like you did.

Apparently NFL sideline rules are not goal line rules (I did not know this) .

Flying through the air and stretching the ball out beyond the yard needed is good at the goal line for a TD but not on the sideline for a first down.

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Jim Harbaugh is crazy......He would not last here....Look into the things he says and does.

Would not fly here..

You can want all out coaches and owners fired and replaced.......but Good Lord, you don't want Jim Harbaugh.

Flat out crazy....

Plus, correct me if I'm wrong here, but wouldn't Jim want total control? We just got a new GM. I don't see us throwing him away.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah like Jim wouldn't be better than Chuck. Jim took the 49ers to the SB with Kaepernick and when he took that team over they stunk bigtime.

Read my prior post in this thread about the state of the 49ers when Harbaugh took over.  When Jim's talent started running thin, the losses started to mount.  He was 8-8 in his final year.  The next year would have been worse.

24 minutes ago, A8bil said:

Read my prior post in this thread about the state of the 49ers when Harbaugh took over.  When Jim's talent started running thin, the losses started to mount.  He was 8-8 in his final year.  The next year would have been worse.

He went to 3 straight NFC Title Games and was 1 play away from winning the SB. Before he got there, the 49ers stunk. Facts are facts. He was winning with Alex Smith and Kaepernick, imagine if he had Luck.

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah like Jim wouldn't be better than Chuck. Jim took the 49ers to the SB with Kaepernick and when he took that team over they stunk bigtime.

2 hours ago, A8bil said:

Wait....you mean his career at SF almost exactly mirrored Chucks career here in Indy??? Where do we sign this guy up? I mean taking the team to the playoffs right away and to championship games and then when his talent started to dwindle he went 500....don't we have a coach like that already. On top of that the guy has control issues and treats his grown men like 18 year olds...I think I'll pass. Let's see if he can win a meaningful game against OSU, MSU, PSU this week or heck even ND next year before we crown him. Sure once upon a time he beat USC a couple times but the luster is sure looking to be off of him. Look...for a long time I wanted his brother....and maybe it isn't his fault with Flacco as his qb but I'm thinking maybe Chuck isn't so bad...once we get him some good players and the coordinators get their act together maybe they would be alright. I look out at the league and there is so much parity...nobody jumps out and says this is the next big guy.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Wait....you mean his career at SF almost exactly mirrored Chucks career here in Indy??? Where do we sign this guy up? I mean taking the team to the playoffs right away and to championship games and then when his talent started to dwindle he went 500....don't we have a coach like that already. On top of that the guy has control issues and treats his grown men like 18 year olds...I think I'll pass. Let's see if he can win a meaningful game against OSU, MSU, PSU this week or heck even ND next year before we crown him. Sure once upon a time he beat USC a couple times but the luster is sure looking to be off of him. Look...for a long time I wanted his brother....and maybe it isn't his fault with Flacco as his qb but I'm thinking maybe Chuck isn't so bad...once we get him some good players and the coordinators get their act together maybe they would be alright. I look out at the league and there is so much parity...nobody jumps out and says this is the next big guy.

I like Chuck and have defended him but you actually think Chuck is a better Coach than Jim? haha 

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I like Chuck and have defended him but you actually think Chuck is a better Coach than Jim? haha 

I honestly don't know. I've never been a big Jim fan...even when he was captain comeback with us as a player...he was fiery but he also just always looked like somebody shoved him down and took his lunch money and whiney and complainy. I always thought John was the better more together coach. I think Chuck is more of a people person...relates to players better and could be a better fit....x's and o's its hard to tell...neither has shown much lately. I mean Michigan can barely beat Indiana and when he goes up against a good team and good coach...he loses. Sorry I don't think that's a given....I think he inspires and really rallies the troops at first...then his stick gets old and people tune him out. Sorry that's just my assessment. It may even work in college at some level because they turn their rosters over so often but in the NFL...yeah I don't see it.