LucasOilStadium

Colts @ Titans Monday Night Football Game Thread

Recommended Posts

Hi, Colts fans!  :)   An important AFC South divisional battle in prime time, as our Indianapolis Colts are in Nashville to play the Tennessee Titans.  Colts lead the all-time regular series 31 games to 14, and also have won 16 of the last 17 games over the Titans, including their current 11 game regular season, home and away, winning streak.

 

Kickoff from Nissan Stadium is by 8:30PM Eastern Standard Time.  NO injuries,  go for win #12 and GO COLTS!!!!!  :rock:  :coltslogo::1colts:  :colts:  :coltslogo:  

 

http://prod.static.colts.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/gamereleases/2017/gamerelease-reg06.pdf

 

http://www.colts.com/team/game/2017/regular6

 

http://www.nfl.com/crucialcatch

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Colts win an ugly game 20-17, I actually think the D plays great in this one.

I hope your right.  It'd be nice to get a prime time, division win.  That would put the Colts, Texans and Jags 3-3 with us playing the Jags at home next week and the Texans going to Seattle.  I was confident at first because I thought Mariota may miss the game.  Now that he's playing, I have a bad feeling.  All though, he could come out flat after sitting out a week, could tweak the injury(a hamstring is nothing to mess around with because it can linger) or maybe he's not quite as mobile.  I guess we'll see.  The Titans secondary isn't very good(I think 30th against the pass) and one of there starting safeties is out.  I am very nervous but I hope the Colts can pull one out.  My heart says 24-20 Colts, my gut says 30-17 Titans.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I hope your right.  It'd be nice to get a prime time, division win.  That would put the Colts, Texans and Jags 3-3 with us playing the Jags at home next week and the Texans going to Seattle.  I was confident at first because I thought Mariota may miss the game.  Now that he's playing, I have a bad feeling.  All though, he could come out flat after sitting out a week, could tweak the injury(a hamstring is nothing to mess around with because it can linger) or maybe he's not quite as mobile.  I guess we'll see.  The Titans secondary isn't very good(I think 30th against the pass) and one of there starting safeties is out.  I am very nervous but I hope the Colts can pull one out.  My heart says 24-20 Colts, my gut says 30-17 Titans.

Yeah I just seen your guys update, Mariota is playing but he may be rusty and still not 100%

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I just seen your guys update, Mariota is playing but he may be rusty and still not 100%

I look at what happened in Minnesota with Sam Bradford last week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I just seen your guys update, Mariota is playing but he may be rusty and still not 100%

We can only hope he's not as mobile and not 100% lol. You could be right.  They could be playing him because it's a must win.  Matt Cassell isn't much of an upgrade to Tolzien even imo.  So there better off with an injured Mariota as far as winning the game. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I look at what happened in Minnesota with Sam Bradford last week

Yep. This is a real winnable game, we own them. I know it is with Luck being 9-0 vs them but Brissett should be ok against them as their Secondary is weak.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

We can only hope he's not as mobile and not 100% lol. You could be right.  They could be playing him because it's a must win.  Matt Cassell isn't much of an upgrade to Tolzien even imo.  So there better off with an injured Mariota as far as winning the game. 

That could be the opposite of lose the battle but when the war

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

We can only hope he's not as mobile and not 100% lol. You could be right.  They could be playing him because it's a must win.  Matt Cassell isn't much of an upgrade to Tolzien even imo.  So there better off with an injured Mariota as far as winning the game. 

Yeah Cassel is pretty bad.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep. This is a real winnable game, we own them. I know it is with Luck being 9-0 vs them but Brissett should be ok against them as their Secondary is weak.

Totally agree

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

That could be the opposite of lose the battle but when the war

Very true. I guess we'll see what happens. I don't care how the Colts do it, I just hope they pull out a win.  I hope they are ready to play and I hope they don't lay another egg on national TV.  I am confident the Colts offense can move the ball, especially through the air but I am not confident the Colts D can stop the Titans offense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep. This is a real winnable game, we own them. I know it is with Luck being 9-0 vs them but Brissett should be ok against them as their Secondary is weak.

If Brissett can put up around 24 25 points again, without turning the ball over(which he's had a turnover in every game except one, so hopefully that doesn't continue) and the defense contains the running backs and Mariota, the Colts will have a really good chance to win. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BullsColtsFan1 said:

If Brissett can put up around 24 25 points again, without turning the ball over(which he's had a turnover in ever game except one) and the defense contains the running backs and Mariota, the Colts will have a really good chance to win. 

If we stop their run game I think we have a great chance.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Very true. I guess we'll see what happens. I don't care how the Colts do it, I just hope they pull out a win.  I hope they are ready to play and I hope they don't lay another egg on national TV.  I am confident the Colts offense can move the ball, especially through the air but I am not confident the Colts D can stop the Titans offense. 

Everything Will Be Okay

 

 

 The only difference for me is that I can't tape "The Good Doctor"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we stop their run game I think we have a great chance.

I agree if we can stop Murray, Mariota and Henry from running all over us.  Mariota is a good pocket passer to but I can't see him putting up 21-30 points strictly throwing.  Hopefully no let downs and a good clean game for the Colts. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Everything Will Be Okay

 

 

 The only difference for me is that I can't tape "The Good Doctor"

True lol that does stink you can't tape the good doctor but as you said "everything will be ok" :thmup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Everything Will Be Okay

 

 

 The only difference for me is that I can't tape "The Good Doctor"

Listen to lamey and watch the good doctor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Listen to lamey and watch the good doctor

I will probably listen to Lamey/Sorgi anyway but if I did't watch the Colts it would be "Scorpion" that I would watching

 

 I actually need a break from Good Doctor

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

"...go for win #12?"

 

Pretty sure they are referring to the 12th win against TT.  Just a guess :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh...ooops.  Somehow, I got Luck on the brain.  Never thought of something so meaningless as a 12th consecutive win against an opponent whose roster has changed so much since the 1st of those wins.   LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks LOS :)  Looking forward to a good game tonite and of course bringing home the win.  Hoping for no injuries for either team.

 

GOOOOO Colts !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting settled down to watch the game here in Scotland. Thankfully my son is off school tomorrow otherwise a 1.30am start would be too late(early) for us.

Really hoping for a Colts victory to make it worthwhile staying up to this hour.

Looking forward to keeping the comments flowing on here during the game

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kcccolts said:

Getting settled down to watch the game here in Scotland. Thankfully my son is off school tomorrow otherwise a 1.30am start would be too late(early) for us.

Really hoping for a Colts victory to make it worthwhile staying up to this hour.

Looking forward to keeping the comments flowing on here during the game

Greetings From TigerTown 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Colts win an ugly game 20-17, I actually think the D plays great in this one.

 

I hope so. They have allowed the most points in the NFL per game, allowed the most plays over 20 yards , by far, and I heard tonight that we allow a 58% success rate on the deep pass!  So the report on playing the Colts, take deep shots early and often...  no kidding.  If teams can run on us, we are truly sunk.  Even Luck would have problems keeping up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Greetings From TigerTown 

Thanks Tigertown, always like following the action on here as well as TV during a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, kcccolts said:

Getting settled down to watch the game here in Scotland. Thankfully my son is off school tomorrow otherwise a 1.30am start would be too late(early) for us.

Really hoping for a Colts victory to make it worthwhile staying up to this hour.

Looking forward to keeping the comments flowing on here during the game

Kids go back to school here in TigerTown(Princeton, Indiana) tomorrow 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Kids go back to school here in TigerTown(Princeton, Indiana) tomorrow 

over here they have the week off for half term, so plenty of time to recover from his late night, that said he is lying on the sofa fast asleep just now, but I will wake him in time for the game. Not sure how much he will see but he does have his colts top on instead of pyjamas so he is all set.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kcccolts said:

over here they have the week off for half term, so plenty of time to recover from his late night, that said he is lying on the sofa fast asleep just now, but I will wake him in time for the game. Not sure how much he will see but he does have his colts top on instead of pyjamas so he is all set.

Our school district had Friday and Monday off as a Fall Holiday but some school districts in the Tri-State were of all last week

  The Community Center that I tutor/mentor at runs from FB to SB so I start work tomorrow 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

If Brissett can put up around 24 25 points again, without turning the ball over(which he's had a turnover in every game except one, so hopefully that doesn't continue) and the defense contains the running backs and Mariota, the Colts will have a really good chance to win. 

He only turns it over in important situations so lets hope that trend does not continue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Brissett will be better than last year.  Its surprising how everyone forgets he was running for his life every play.  Even Andrew struggled with that pressure... all QBs do.  Brissett will be much better with a year's experience under his belt and an OL that can protect him. other GMs know this and it WILL affect his value.  The way teams spend on unproven QBs, i can see a team or two offering a 2nd or 3rd.  Heck, the Jets gave up 3 to move up only 3 spots to land an unproven QB.  And they really didnt even know WHICH unproven QB they would get.  Some teams get desperate for a starting QB, as we have seen over and over. if we dont get the trade we want, use him until FA in  2 years. i think, under the circumstances (which were stacked against him), Brissett performed better than people give him credit for.
    • If I’m a GM I say one thing.. ‘Good lord no.’   He’s a garbage person.
    • Exactly about the Rockets,  Exactly about LeBron and a game 7 too.  I am not sure the Celtics want that, home or away.  They need to win this game.  I have a bad feeling if the Cavs win tonight easily that they'll win the next 2 after that too.  I guess we'll see.  Be nice to see Boston win tonight! I agree!
    • Well, he was not a 1st rounder, so there is no 5th year option.  We can have him this year, but next year is his last (@ $915,000.00) under contract.  He will want to test FA, and teams wont trade for him unless they fully beleive they can work out a contract.     We'd be lucky to get a 3rd rounder in the following (next) draft for him).  Garopolo was a 2nd rounder, and NE got a second rounder in the next year draft for him, and JG was showcased well and was a desired commodity.  Got paid. I'm not sure JB gets that kind of attention based upon last year.     It would be nice, but I think it is rainbow colored...  see JG example just  above.     I think this as well.  Trade likely won't happen if we demand too much.     I'd like that, but don't think it will happen unless he lights it up this year (which means Luck isn't playing, which would be bad as well).  Time will tell.
  • Members

    • a06cc

      a06cc 471

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CamMo

      CamMo 261

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Cynjin

      Cynjin 2,129

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • adubb84

      adubb84 119

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • myic90

      myic90 173

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • davidshoff

      davidshoff 1

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • unvrsty07

      unvrsty07 46

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Buck Showalter

      Buck Showalter 3,497

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • coltsblue1844

      coltsblue1844 315

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • BlackPanther

      BlackPanther 108

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active: