Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will chester Rogers play

Stephen

27 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

He seems to be trending that way.

Will be interesting to see where he fits in beside Aiken and Moncrief.  Aiken seems to have taken on the WR2 role in recent weeks.

Having Doyle back this week also means JB has plenty targets. :thmup:

Thats depressing that you said Aiken is our 2. That's why we gotta sign an Alshon or Allen Robinson, another big name, or draft a big stud WR early this offseason. 

33 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Thats depressing that you said Aiken is our 2. That's why we gotta sign an Alshon or Allen Robinson, another big name, or draft a big stud WR early this offseason. 

The early rounds are reserved for Offensive linemen and pass rush players.

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

I don't necessarily think that is true.  The amount we would need to give up for one of those types of player doesn't make sense when we have other, more serious needs, like O-line, pass rush and ILB.

A receiving corps of Hilton, Moncrief, Aiken, Rogers and adding in the strong TE duo of Doyle and Swoope has me fairly comfortable.  Certainly more pressing needs.

Aiken being WR2 is more of an indictment of Moncrief IMO.

17 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

I don't necessarily think that is true.  The amount we would need to give up for one of those types of player doesn't make sense when we have other, more serious needs, like O-line, pass rush and ILB.

A receiving corps of Hilton, Moncrief, Aiken, Rogers and adding in the strong TE duo of Doyle and Swoope has me fairly comfortable.  Certainly more pressing needs.

Aiken being WR2 is more of an indictment of Moncrief IMO.

Its depressing

3 hours ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

No doubt but there were a couple that went through his hands that were catchable in that game.

Yeah it seems like the Colts have a tough time dispersing the ball to receivers not named Hilton or Doyle haha .  Maybe because other receivers are targeted on such a limited basis it shocks them into dropping the ball more when they are. :dunno: 

Hilton has 24, Doyle has 17 and both Moncrief and Aiken have 19 combined..................... Ack!

1 hour ago, Malakai432 said:

Yeah it seems like the Colts have a tough time dispersing the ball to receivers not named Hilton or Doyle haha .  Maybe because other receivers are targeted on such a limited basis it shocks them into dropping the ball more when they are. :dunno: 

Hilton has 24, Doyle has 17 and both Moncrief and Aiken have 19 combined..................... Ack!

Ever think oh hey we aren't throwing 50 times a game brisset goes like 18/26 not luck 35/53 hard to judge the receivers when we are throwing half as many times as usual

5 minutes ago, lance_m8 said:

Ever think oh hey we aren't throwing 50 times a game brisset goes like 18/26 not luck 35/53 hard to judge the receivers when we are throwing half as many times as usual

Yep, I'm sure it COULD be combination of multiple variables.  Maybe not though, we will see if they get more targets when Luck comes back.  I hope they do. 

Just now, Malakai432 said:

Yep, I'm sure it COULD be combination of multiple variables.  Maybe not though, we will see if they get more targets when Luck comes back.  I hope they do. 

They will probably 2nd or 3rd game luck is back he isn't throwing 40 plus times in his debut that isn't smart but we aren't paying him 22 plus mil a year to not throw alot so trust me our receivers numbers will double whenhe returns

Just now, lance_m8 said:

They will probably 2nd or 3rd game luck is back he isn't throwing 40 plus times in his debut that isn't smart but we aren't paying him 22 plus mil a year to not throw alot so trust me our receivers numbers will double whenhe returns

Yeah I'm kind of worried about that.  If he is chucking it around 40+ times per game behind this OL it may not take him long to get injured again.  Maybe the combination of Mack and Gore will open up a little more when he gets back.  Right now they're not very dynamic offensively but I do think Brissett is doing well considering the circumstances.  

32 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Yeah I'm kind of worried about that.  If he is chucking it around 40+ times per game behind this OL it may not take him long to get injured again.  Maybe the combination of Mack and Gore will open up a little more when he gets back.  Right now they're not very dynamic offensively but I do think Brissett is doing well considering the circumstances.  

The backs and Luck will compliment each other if the defense respects the pass it will open up the running lanes and vice versa