Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Martavis Bryant requesting a trade out of Pittsburgh per Rappaport

richard pallo

They wouldn't take a straight up swap for moncrief. We'd have to throw in a 4th or 5th round pick. Honestly I'd rather have Bryant because he is a bigger playmaker and can be insane with Luck. He does have off the field issues but at least he's not going to miss 8 games every season because of injuries like moncrief.

This is an odd one for me, why would he want to leave the Steelers?

I understand he may have designs on being a #1 WR, but are there many other places where you have as good a chance to win a ring?  Surely that's the main goal!

Also, the fact they stood by him when he had a year's suspension, show some loyalty and class young man!

1 hour ago, DaveA1102 said:

This is an odd one for me, why would he want to leave the Steelers?

I understand he may have designs on being a #1 WR, but are there many other places where you have as good a chance to win a ring?  Surely that's the main goal!

Also, the fact they stood by him when he had a year's suspension, show some loyalty and class young man!

Loyalty and class are thrown out the window when a mindset is set to a me, me attitude.

He has the talent physically but not mentally.

10 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Ian Rappaport is reporting that Martavis Bryant has asked the Steelers to trade him.  Not a happy camper I guess.  Anyone think the Colts might be interested and at what price?  Would a straight up swap for Moncrief make sense?

IMO trading Moncrief without seeing what he can do when Luck gets back on the field would be a mistake. Moncrief has proved he can make great catches when he has been given the chance.

47 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Loyalty and class are thrown out the window when a mindset is set to a me, me attitude.

He has the talent physically but not mentally.

Agreed, perception is that of an immature young man, but young still so hopefully time to grow as a person.

That catch he made last year when flying through the air upside down just shows the skill level he has. 

Why would the Colts want to swap a receiver for one that is about the same height, same weight, similar speed, nearly identical production but has a substance abuse problem and is one bad urine test from being out of the league for a year?

Sometimes the things fans come up with make me shake my head in derision.

Bryant needs a new agent.  If he did this without his agents knowledge then that is an even bigger issue.  

Bryant hasn't played football in over a year and this year can't get any simple production out of a stacked offense and you are demanding a trade?  Who in their right mind would give any type of equity for a suspended, disgruntled, rusty player on the end of a rookie contract? 

Plus receivers who leave PIT in bad graces usually don't perform elsewhere.  (See Santonio, Wallace, etc.)

He's played in all six games this year and is second on the team in receiving yards despite being, oddly, pulled out of snaps for far inferior players...anyone looking at from a pure field skills perspective would be all over it...naturally, the drawback is that he loves drugs...the talent is worthy of an asset, for sure...

On 10/16/2017 at 2:35 AM, crazycolt1 said:

One more problem with Bryant and it's a lifetime ban. No thank you. He has already shown he don't have the will power to do what is expected of him.

Sad, but true...  (hmmmm....  do I hear Metallica playing in the background?)

19 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

The Steelers reportedly have demoted Bryant to the scout team.

Sad, but true...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2740690-martavis-bryant-demoted-to-steelers-scout-team-status-vs-lions-in-question

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 11:32 PM, King Colt said:

I have been to Pittsburgh. I don't blame him.

Really?  I have been to Pittsburgh a bunch and found the people are very nice. They are a hard working blue collar town with the same problems all cities their size have. They have one of the best fan bases in the NFL.

I have wore my Colts gear most every time I went there and never got treated bad at all. Just a little ribbing but always in a fun sense.

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 9:17 AM, crazycolt1 said:

IMO trading Moncrief without seeing what he can do when Luck gets back on the field would be a mistake. Moncrief has proved he can make great catches when he has been given the chance.

He hasn't done much at all this season and Brissett has given him a bunch of targets.

21 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Really?  I have been to Pittsburgh a bunch and found the people are very nice. They are a hard working blue collar town with the same problems all cities their size have. They have one of the best fan bases in the NFL.

I have wore my Colts gear most every time I went there and never got treated bad at all. Just a little ribbing but always in a fun sense.

I had a very bad experience there. But perhaps it was just the drunks that I happened to run into.

I like the city though

1 hour ago, Nadine said:

I had a very bad experience there. But perhaps it was just the drunks that I happened to run into.

I like the city though

Sorry to hear that.  All the people I dealt with in Pittsburgh and the small cities around there were all steel workers or in that industry.

I only attended one game at the old stadium there but was treated well. Maybe it was just the people I was sitting with? These guys were long term season ticket holders and had been for years.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Sorry to hear that.  All the people I dealt with in Pittsburgh and the small cities around there were all steel workers or in that industry.

I only attended one game at the old stadium there but was treated well. Maybe it was just the people I was sitting with? These guys were long term season ticket holders and had been for years.

For sure alcohol had something to do with it.

One guy stole my husbands hat

Another threw a burning log at our car

scarey

On 10/15/2017 at 11:42 PM, jameszeigler834 said:

Too much off the field Baggage so no.

Agreed. Martavis Bryant is a joke. First gets suspended for a full year, team stands by him, then he trades twitter insults with a rookie, demands a trade, then pretends to be sick to miss team meetings.

I would offer a compensatory 7th rounder at best for him.

16 minutes ago, Nadine said:

For sure alcohol had something to do with it.

One guy stole my husbands hat

Another threw a burning log at our car

scarey

Man that is bad, Luckily you guys were ok. Like I have Posted before I stay at my home field here in Indy when I go to games/used to go to games = 40 or so. I would never go to a Steelers, Patriots, or Ravens game wearing a Luck or Peyton jersey. That is just asking for trouble. I have been to 1 road game and that was Chicago in 2004. I knew a lot of people at the game though and sat around people I knew.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

would never go to a Steelers, Patriots, or Ravens game wearing a Luck or Peyton jersey. That is just asking for trouble.

Learned that the hard way.

It was scary walking through the crowd into the stadium

I've never had trouble in Chicago

1 hour ago, Nadine said:

Learned that the hard way.

It was scary walking through the crowd into the stadium

I've never had trouble in Chicago

I guess I was lucky or just with the right crowd at the time. I did one guy who got mouthy with me but the guys I was with shut him up quick.

With that said I am sure glad I didn't have to go through something like you and your husband went through. I might have went to jail? haha

On 10/16/2017 at 1:24 PM, mikey287 said:

He's played in all six games this year and is second on the team in receiving yards despite being, oddly, pulled out of snaps for far inferior players...anyone looking at from a pure field skills perspective would be all over it...naturally, the drawback is that he loves drugs...the talent is worthy of an asset, for sure...

Lol inferior players?  Juju is a much more polished receiver than he is and he's a rookie.  Even with Heyward-Bay on their roster I don't see any inferior players to Bryant.  Don't even get me started on Eli Rogers who can actually catch the ball on 3rd down...

Inflated much?

I...can't help you...I mean, DHB isn't an NFL regular in terms of skill, neither is Eli Rogers. JSS is coming around quick, yes more polished is fair, but not as steep of a development arc, certainly...but no one in their right mind could possibly have seen DHB, Eli Rogers and MB since college, or hell, even just as pros, and think the talent level is remotely close...that's...impossible...

Lol anybody that isn’t Mr. Nice Guy, you don’t want lmao. What a joke. Moncrief isn’t as good as Bryant. If Steelers are willing to get rid of him for Moncrief we’d be silly not to take it. If Big Ben didn’t force feed the ball to AB, Bryant’s numbers would be much better. For all the worry about him getting suspended talk, you could just wait, keep waiting and hope Moncrief some day realizes him and TY aren’t the same size.

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 7:27 AM, NFLfan said:

Ian Rappoport said the Pats are interested in Bryant. 

Why not.....smh....I would think a team like Seattle or Buffalo...heck even Cleveland...honestly if I thought he would just shut up and play and stay out of trouble I'd trade Davis for him...but if he is discontent in Pittsburgh he wouldn't last in this train wreck....but you would think he is the type of player (attributes wise) that Ballard was going for when he brought in Aiken.