Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kuharsky: Mariota Will Play vs Colts

RockThatBlue

1 minute ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I honestly don't know.  I wouldn't say better than Luck bet definitely a franchise QB tho.  They bring in beast mode and there much worse than last year.  Problem is there line isn't allowing Lynch to run well and there defense hasn't been good either really.  There were a few games were the receivers didn't show up either.  They have numerous problems but I will say this.  I expect the Chiefs to win that division but I think the Raiders will be 2nd in front of SD and Den.  Just a bold prediction. 

Yeah there were a lot of people trying to say he is now better than Luck and the guy hasn't even won a Playoff game. That is media for you haha. I think he's good but some people jump the gun way too quick. Chiefs will win that Division, they lost yesterday but I can still see them going 12-4

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah there were a lot of people trying to say he is now better than Luck and the guy hasn't even won a Playoff game. That is media for you haha. I think he's good but some people jump the gun way too quick. Chiefs will win that Division, they lost yesterday but I can still see them going 12-4

Just like DeShaun Watson?  I've heard numerous analysts/sports radio guys say he's the best QB in the AFC South including Andrew Luck.  Has he been exceptional?  Yes absolutely, he's killing it but lets pump the brakes, he's played 5 professional games lol.  I agree with you, I think the Chiefs win 11-13 games and that division.  I really hope the Colts win tonight, a win tonight sets them up for a great opportunity next week with Luck coming back in the near future.  No team is really dominant this year in the AFC(Pats, Chiefs, Steelers, Raiders etc), so it's wide open.  If the Colts can somehow squeek in, anything can happen, especially with Luck. 

1 minute ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Just like DeShaun Watson?  I've heard numerous analysts/sports radio guys say he's the best QB in the AFC South including Andrew Luck.  Has he been exceptional?  Yes absolutely, he's killing it but lets pump the brakes, he's played 5 professional games lol.  I agree with you, I think the Chiefs win 11-13 games and that division.  I really hope the Colts win tonight, a win tonight sets them up for a great opportunity next week with Luck coming back in the near future.  No team is really dominant this year in the AFC(Pats, Chiefs, Steelers, Raiders etc), so it's wide open.  If the Colts can somehow squeek in, anything can happen, especially with Luck. 

I am huge Watson fan but he has to put together at least 3 or 4 seasons of Good to Great play like Luck did before I say he's on Luck's level. I do think Watson is the real deal though.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am huge Watson fan but he has to put together at least 3 or 4 seasons of Good to Great play like Luck did before I say he's on Luck's level. I do think Watson is the real deal though.

I agree.  He's played great, leads the league in TD passes, they might have won that Jax game if he would have started but the QB whisperer (Bill O'brien) decided not to start him.  That's the only thing I worry about with Watson is the coach.  We'll have to see how he responds to teams that have plenty of film on him too.  He could very well be the best QB in the South in 5 years.  We'll see soon enough

2 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I agree.  He's played great, leads the league in TD passes, they might have won that Jax game if he would have started but the QB whisperer (Bill O'brien) decided not to start him.  That's the only thing I worry about with Watson is the coach.  We'll have to see how he responds to teams that have plenty of film on him too.  He could very well be the best QB in the South in 5 years.  We'll see soon enough

Not sure he will stay healthy is my concern, he doesn't have great size and the way QB's get injured now days who knows. I think Andrew will be a Robo machine when he comes back. Colts are doing everything to get him 100%.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not sure he will stay healthy is my concern, he doesn't have great size and the way QB's get injured now days who knows. I think Andrew will be a Robo machine when he comes back. Colts are doing everything to get him 100%.

That worries me too.  I think 6'3 is pushing it for him.  I think Watson is more close to 6'1" than 6'3".  He runs quite a bit too, not like RGIII but he does run.  That also concerns me.  Lets see how he fares this week at Seattle?  Seattle doesn't have the defense from 2-3 years ago but there still pretty solid. 

6 minutes ago, will426 said:

I was referring to him possibly getting hurt behind this line not being rushed back 

bad lines are the new norm for the legue

brady has been hit a ton this year too, nobody is talking about sitting him because the line isnt good enough 

16 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

bad lines are the new norm for the legue

brady has been hit a ton this year too, nobody is talking about sitting him because the line isnt good enough 

Also wasn't implying sitting him the other poster was responding to me saying the titans are going to get mariota hurt then pretty much said our staff would possibly do the same with luck..

1 minute ago, will426 said:

Also wasn't implying sitting him the other poster was responding to me saying the titans are going to get mariota hurt then pretty much said our staff would possibly do the same with luck..

The Mariota argument is not based on his line but the fact that he is rushing back to soon sorta like Sam Bradford 

Yeah, we had what, about 10-0 or 11-0 streak going against Houston Texans even with Dan Orlovsky at QB, only to be reversed temporarily by freaking Brock Osweiler. Hopefully, it is not that case with the Titans, we need to keep some streaks alive. :) 

1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The Mariota argument is not based on his line but the fact that he is rushing back to soon sorta like Sam Bradford 

Yeah I know that I was pretty much saying his coaches are gonna get him hurt by rushing him back but I was simply saying our coaches pretty much would get Luck killed if he had to stand behind this line not exactly saying he's being rushed back..not saying I wanted him to sit not saying he was being rushed just the fact that till this day our line still sucks and it sucks he has to come back from injury to play behind this once again lol but furthermore I'm hoping they change playcalls To benefit him just incase the line isn't up to the task 

I know I'm in the minority but I don't think Mariota is that good a QB.  Which is too bad, from what I've seen and read he is a good guy and a good leader but as a QB he's average.  He struggles to make a lot of NFL throws, mostly the 8-12 yard out routs and deep touch passes.  He is good at improvising outside of the pocket, so if I were the Colts I would not really rush him too much, I'd just get enough up field to keep him in the pocket not to where he wants to run... force him to be a pocket QB where his accuracy his average at best.

That also helps with no big gaps for the run game as well.

6 hours ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

I look at how other teams seem to rush their qbs back; Mariotta, Carr, Newton, RG3. It makes me wonder why other teams have such a gambling mentality with their most important player.

While the rest of the universe hyperventilates because the Colts didn't rush Luck back...

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, we had what, about 10-0 or 11-0 streak going against Houston Texans even with Dan Orlovsky at QB, only to be reversed temporarily by freaking Brock Osweiler. Hopefully, it is not that case with the Titans, we need to keep some streaks alive. :) 

And It wasn't even Brock Osweiler who ended the streak. haha I'm pretty sure it was like TJ Yates who back in 15' marched into Indy. got hurt, was replaced by Brandon Weeden of all people, who went on to deliver the Texans first win against the Colts at LOS.

Colts were winning that game 10-0 at one point too.

5 hours ago, Superman said:

While the rest of the universe hyperventilates because the Colts didn't rush Luck back...

I'll admit I'm feeling a bit Squirrelly. I want to see some finish from this team. We can't KO anyone with this team. I see good pace at times but as soon as the pace slows it's all on our young and suspect D