Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck made Colts defense 'Look silly' as scout O QB

ColtsBlitz

1 hour ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I'm looking forward to him getting back as well.

Looking forward, though, does Brissett become the Scout Team QB once Andrew returns or is that Walker's exclusive domain?  It would help the D get better if it were Brissett, but I guess he has to take snaps with the 1's?

Depends, but I doubt JB does it.  It will be either Walker (most likely) or Tolzien (if not let go). Is walker PS eligible still if he clears waivers?  I can't see carrying 4 QB's...

24 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Wearing a red jersey and knowing the D helps.  But it’s great he can make the throws. 

But Luck has to run the offensive game plan(s) of Tennessee, based upon the scouting reports/film.  Not Chud's O.  And is it Mariota's O they're running, or Cassel's? Or Weeden?  Playbook is same, but game plan is often slightly adjusted to the skill set of the QB... note the game plans of JB vs. Tolzien, and game plans as JB learns more and more of the system.  No question Luck could do great at running most any other QB's game plans.  Ever notice expert singers can (and often do) sing covers of other awesome singers?  can't wait until he is fully ready to lead ours once more.

13 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Wonder what Walker is doing at practice 

My guess he was running the scout team for JB and ST.   Now that Luck is back, hell be doing it some more once Andrew progresses to working alongside JB.  This is when i wonder where/what Scott Tolzien is/will be doing?

Just now, ColtsBlueFL said:

My guess he was running the scout team for JB and ST.   Now that Luck is back, hell be doing it some more once Andrew progresses to working alongside JB.  This is when i wonder where/what Scott Tolzien is/will be doing?

As soon as AL is ready to dress on the couch 

JMO

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Depends, but I doubt JB does it.  It will be either Walker (most likely) or Tolzien (if not let go). Is walker PS eligible still if he clears waivers?  I can't see carrying 4 QB's...

But Luck has to run the offensive game plan(s) of Tennessee, based upon the scouting reports/film.  Not Chud's O.  And is it Mariota's O they're running, or Cassel's? Or Weeden?  Playbook is same, but game plan is often slightly adjusted to the skill set of the QB... note the game plans of JB vs. Tolzien, and game plans as JB learns more and more of the system.  No question Luck could do great at running most any other QB's game plans.  Ever notice expert singers can (and often do) sing covers of other awesome singers?  can't wait until he is fully ready to lead ours once more.

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I think Tolz will be let go after Andrew gets back in the saddle.  Since Walker is only a rookie he would be able to go back to the PS if ever brought up to the 53.  If ever either Andrew or Brissett got hurt we could always get Tolz back since I highly doubt anyone else would sign him.

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I think Tolz will be let go after Andrew gets back in the saddle.  Since Walker is only a rookie he would be able to go back to the PS if ever brought up to the 53.  If ever either Andrew or Brissett got hurt we could always get Tolz back since I highly doubt anyone else would sign him.

Like that if the injury/benching is severe could bring in someone from another PS too

3 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Walker is on PS already. Our 3 active QBs Are Brissett Tolzien and Luck. Walker would normally run scout team, but ill figure currently he isnt running it as much since Luck took some of the reps

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

What is bad news might be the play of the D

NO now..come on..

He knows our guys...and Luck is one of the Top-5 in the NFL...and there no contact with the QB in scout team stuff

I would be extremely disheartened if Andrew could not complete lots of passes easily against them.

This is in no way bad news

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

NO now..come on..

He knows our guys...and Luck is one of the Top-5 in the NFL...and there no contact with the QB in scout team stuff

I would be extremely disheartened if Andrew could not complete lots of passes easily against them.

This is in no way bad news

That is why I used Maybe and Might

7 hours ago, Blue Shoe Savior 12 said:

Good luck doing that in an actual game behind this line.

Not only that, the way they do it in practice is the defense probably isn't allowed to lay a finger on him, especially with Luck under a snap count limit in practice. In a real game, maybe the opponents will target that shoulder and hope to knock him out of the game.

The ideal scenario for Luck's return is the Colts stack up a few wins so he does not board a sinking ship. Rejoining a competitor is a world apart from trying to salvage a teams pride. The AFC South is stuck in neutral and Luck can move the Colts in to first place if the Colts win the next few games before his return. It's a team effort.

I just read the story on Colts.com and then scrolled through this thread...

Luck's performance in the practices Thursday and Saturday amounted to just 5 or 6 snaps each day.

That's it.

5 or 6 per day.   10 to 12 for the week.

That's it.

Look,  I'm happy Luck is looking better, but I'd strongly caution against reading too much into this news.    The sample size is so small --- tiny really.

We are still a long way from Luck's return.

Think November...    nothing I read says he's close...

I'm sorry to be the bucket of cold water... but I think tamping down expectations right now is important.

If I'm wrong -- and I could be -- then great for the Colts.     But he still seems far away to me.