Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Crazy Saints Fan

Lucky Colts Fan

I have to share a story about an interaction I had with a Saints fan yesterday.  I was at work here in Indy, and this older lady saw something about Peyton Manning getting inducted into the Colts RoH and statue and commented:  "Peyton Manning, ugh, not a fan."  :scratch:  I am a huge Peyton fan and had so many questions for her, but I was at work, so I kept my mouth shut and just changed the subject and got back to work.

But she circled back to Peyton.  "But I'm a Saints fan, so I shouldn't expect any sympathy around here."  So I tried to build a "bridge" between our two teams.

"Actually, I think there are a lot of Drew Brees fans around here that root for the Saints when they aren't playing the Colts.  Some Colts fans might not like the Saints for the SB loss, but since that's Peytons' hometown, Archies' team, and they had never won a SB before, I'm not really mad about it.  And I think a number of Cajuns started rooting for the Colts when Peyton came here."

This is where her crazy came out:  "Oh, Peyton isn't from New Orleans.  He's from Tennessee."

Me:  "Well he went to college in Tennessee, but he's from New Orleans."

Her:  "No, his parents just live there now.  None of them are from New Orleans, they're all from Tennessee."

Me:  "Uh, Archie played for the Saints and lived in New Orleans for years.  Peyton grew up in New Orleans."

Her:  "Well I would know, I was born in New Orleans.  New Orleans is the greatest city in the world, but you can only say that if you were born in New Orleans, like me.  Not like the Mannings."

:facepalm:  That's where I stopped and went back to work.  I know Peyton was born and raised in NOLA, but you can't reason with crazy.  I should mention that she was being very aggressive and confrontational during this whole exchange while I just smiled and tried to be nice.

I'm sure every team has their crazy fans, but I think that's the first time I've had to interact with such a delusional fan face-to-face.  I get the feeling that this lady would stand in front of her Maker and say that NOLA is better than Heaven and she would know because she was born and raised there...

13 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The Manning are technically from Mississippi and have stronger ties to Ole Miss 

If I meet a person like this I try to guide them towards common ground 

I know Archie and Olivia are from Mississippi and Peyton is the only one that didn't go to Ole Miss.  But they've lived in NOLA for over 45 years and all three boys were born and raised in NOLA.  Which you would think a NOLA native would know, right?

I tried to find common ground with Drew Brees and Peyton being from NOLA, but I think she was just being purposefully disagreeable.  :grumpy2:  Or she is crazy and didn't take her meds...  :hulk:

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have no idea what you are talking about? Peyton was born in New Orleans is the point of the OP's point, the woman was saying he wasn't. She is wrong.

I know he was. My original post was correcting her logic and my second was announcing that I am like her concerning certain athletes who are "connected" to Indiana

44 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Well...at least she didn't throw that 2009 Super Bowl in your face.

I think she probably would have if I hadn't brought it up first and said that I wasn't even mad about it.  She seemed like one of those customers that's just looking for a fight.

I was very happy when she left.  But she came back hours later because she forgot to buy something, and blamed me for "forgetting to sell it to her"...  :scratch:  :violin:   

I can't read minds, lady...  :bored:  Even if I could, I don't think I would want to read her mind!  haha

42 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

She seemed like one of those customers that's just looking for a fight.

I suspect that's the case.

She probably has a different reason for not liking Peyton (other than his family not being from New Orleans). Perhaps she wants others to see Brees as the greatest or as being better/more acconplished than Peyton.

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I suspect that's the case.

She probably has a different reason for not liking Peyton (other than his family not being from New Orleans). Perhaps she wants others to see Brees as the greatest or as being better/more acconplished than Peyton.

Wonder how much football she watches

I went on a tour in NO once where we went to the Manning house... It was a pretty cool feeling to see where some of the magic happened. 

The house is within a block or two of Ann Rice's, John Goodman's, Ellen Degeneres, and the funeral home/studio where Trent Reznor recorded and mixed a NIN album (want to say it was "The Downward Spiral" but could have been "The Fragile") Lil Wayne also has a house right there. 

Great city to visit... Saw the best street musicians I've ever seen on nearly every block of the French Quarter... Better than Times Square or Chicago El stations, imo... which is saying a lot, really, because there are real musical geniuses in all of those places at any given time. 

LOL that's funny. Sorry @Lucky Colts Fan. What an excellent conversation. 

9 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

"Actually, I think there are a lot of Drew Brees fans around here that root for the Saints when they aren't playing the Colts.  Some Colts fans might not like the Saints for the SB loss, but since that's Peytons' hometown, Archies' team, and they had never won a SB before, I'm not really mad about it. 

I know we lost a super bowl, but I almost forget it was against the Saints. I have absolutely no bad blood toward them or Drew Brees, I just remember him not throwing an incompletion the whole second half hahah.

6 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I think she probably would have if I hadn't brought it up first and said that I wasn't even mad about it.  She seemed like one of those customers that's just looking for a fight.

I was very happy when she left.  But she came back hours later because she forgot to buy something, and blamed me for "forgetting to sell it to her"...  :scratch:  :violin:   

I can't read minds, lady...  :bored:  Even if I could, I don't think I would want to read her mind!  haha

Maybe she has a crush on you lmao 

8 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

(I once argued with a pole)

I nominate this for the funniest thing I have ever read on this website.

Nomination accepted.  Drum-roll please............  @PrincetonTiger  Wins!!!

This is Officially The Funniest Thing I Have Ever Read On This Website.  :lol:  lmao  haha  :td:

I hope you were trying to be funny because I would hate for all of my laughter to be at your expense!

Please tell me you were stuck to the pole and got mad at it.

tenor.gif

5 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I nominate this for the funniest thing I have ever read on this website.

Nomination accepted.  Drum-roll please............  @PrincetonTiger  Wins!!!

This is Officially The Funniest Thing I Have Ever Read On This Website.  :lol:  lmao  haha  :td:

I hope you were trying to be funny because I would hate for all of my laughter to be at your expense!

Please tell me you were stuck to the pole and got mad at it.

tenor.gif

Yes it was on a dare 

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

It is not where you were born. It is where you were conceived.

20 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

I went on a tour in NO once where we went to the Manning house... It was a pretty cool feeling to see where some of the magic happened. 

11 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

"That's where Peyton was made."

200.gif