Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sign Bowman....

4 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

Can't be any worse.  

Our LB's are a joke and every NFL team exploits it. 

He is an upgrade no point to not try and bring him in just cause ballard preaches youth doesn't mean you cant bring in a veteran to help fill a hole and groom the youth

We need that nastiness he brings. We should sign him to a 2 year deal now. That would give us an extra year to find 2 ILB's of the future. Pair one with him next season. We'd have him through like age 31. 29 now. So 29 and 30 you're still playing at a high level....But. As great as Biwman was and as good as he STILL is. He said not as great in coverage as he was a couple seasons ago. He was one of the best in coverage and best all around. But he's still better than anybody we have in that area and is a stud vs the run. Good blitzer. Hard hitting enforcer. Plus. As I said. He'd give us some "nasty" on D that we need. 

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Rappaport is reporting that Bowman will sign with a team no later than Monday.  Could it be the Colts?  I'm reading it's more likely the Raiders or Patriots. 

Doubtful it'll be us. Hes probably going to a super bowl contender, the Raiders or Patriots would make sense.

18 hours ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

Anyway...as others said, I doubt Ballard would ever bring him in, he's working on rejuvenation of the team, a vet doesn't fit in that strategy.

I don't believe he's ideologically opposed to signing vets, and he's all about competition.  If Bowman is better than what you have and can push the other ILBs, I could see him doing it.  Why not?  It's not as though we have a long term solution at the position they need to groom.

I still wish they would have just given Spence a chance.  I don't get it.  Like Morris, he must be crap in practice.

Wrong...I think we should avoid Bowman,...what I would want them to go after is Joe Thomas! With the loss of Mewhort, we need as much help as we can get on the OL! Saw some article somewhere saying that its time for the Browns to trade him, Colts may get him at a little discount, since JT isnt having a good year. Play him for the rest of this year and reevaluate him after the season. Just my thoughts.

I don't know how much Bowman moves the needle for us this year... I'd probably pass, to be honest, unless I start hearing stories about what a great veteran leader he is/has been from his former teammates. 

The real question, to me, is how can Bostic be getting 100% of the snaps with zero coverage ability?... George should play in all passing situations, but I see Morrison and Bostic on so many 3rd downs... Geathers' eventual return could help us in that regard... Putting him on the field with George gives us at least a fighting chance in the middle of the field on 3rd down. Bostic and Morrison are toast in coverage... and neither seem to be able to make open field tackles, at that. 

On 10/14/2017 at 2:12 PM, IndyEric07 said:

Wrong...I think we should avoid Bowman,...what I would want them to go after is Joe Thomas! With the loss of Mewhort, we need as much help as we can get on the OL! Saw some article somewhere saying that its time for the Browns to trade him, Colts may get him at a little discount, since JT isnt having a good year. Play him for the rest of this year and reevaluate him after the season. Just my thoughts.

Joe Thomas has already said he plans on staying in Cleveland his whole career.  He also has yet again been ranked the #1 T in the NFL, so having a bad year?  Plus why grab a LT when we need a Guard?  Thomas is the best at what he does but our best guy currently is also a LT.