Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rishard Matthews tweets he’s done if NFL makes national anthem rule

BlueShoe

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

Same here, I tend to just watch the actual games now. I rarely listen or pay attention to anyone talking before or after the game but it's been this way for me for a few years now.

I often mute games too and put on music.

When I mute or quiet  the TV I turn on Lamey/Sorgi or the radio crew for the game I am watching

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

Same here, I tend to just watch the actual games now. I rarely listen or pay attention to anyone talking before or after the game but it's been this way for me for a few years now.

I often mute games too and put on music.

Being a singer myself,   over the years I've always looked forward to the National Anthem.   I'm always interested in who's going to sing it,  How they'll do, Are they going to mess with the Melody (a big pet peeve with me)  etc... 

btw..  The Anthem before the Colts game this past Sunday was awesome.   Gave me chills.   

I still watch and listen.     That's just me.

2 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Being a singer myself,   over the years I've always looked forward to the National Anthem.   I'm always interested in who's going to sing it,  How they'll do, Are they going to mess with the Melody (a big pet peeve with me)  etc... 

btw..  The Anthem before the Colts game this past Sunday was awesome.   Gave me chills.   

As I said earlier I watch the games like game(no sound) but instead of a notebook I have my IPad

1 minute ago, Gramz said:

I assume most people will relate to the following statements. 

The song I have heard more times than any other is the National Anthem. 

The song that I have thought about more than any other is the National Anthem.

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

I assume most people will relate to the following statements. 

The song I have heard more times than any other is the National Anthem. 

The song that I have thought about more than any other is the National Anthem.

That or Happy Birthday.  :)   

8 minutes ago, Gramz said:

My mother has the same views. She used to love to sing when she was young and she also has said in recent weeks she feels sorry for the singers who do the national anthems and the pre game people in general on the field.

2 minutes ago, Gramz said:

That or Happy Birthday.  :)   

And Christmas songs we all grew up with as kids and memorized young.

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

My mother has the same views. She used to love to sing when she was young and she also has said in recent weeks she feels sorry for the singers who do the national anthems and the pre game people in general on the field.

And Christmas songs we all grew up with as kids and memorized young.

Knew the words to the Princeton version of "On Wisconsin" before I knew anything else

11 minutes ago, JMichael557 said:

I am assuming that now that Donald Trump has been caught disrespecting the flag that he will resign. 

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-sits-talks-through-song-lowering-the-flag-at-military-base-amid-nfl-anthem-controversy/article/2637296

Irony at its finest. Thanks for sharing. However, with that, we will go ahead & shut er down...

Good job at keeping the discussion civil, the thread is being locked to keep it that way...