Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

In pickup football, what did you call the person/kid who played QB for both teams?

mikey287

In pickup football, what did you call the person/kid who played QB for both teams?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. As a kid, when you played pickup football, sometimes one kid played QB for both teams...what did you call this?

• Steady QB
    • All-Time QB
    • Official QB
    • Permanent QB
    • Auto QB
    • Other (please list)

1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

designated QB

yep...typically this was like my dad or one of my friends dad...once we got older both teams had their qb....who would want to play qb for both teams....then they would just be known as winner....because no matter what they win??

24 minutes ago, dgambill said:

yep...typically this was like my dad or one of my friends dad...once we got older both teams had their qb....who would want to play qb for both teams....then they would just be known as winner....because no matter what they win??

These were the best! If you didn't want to run or get tackled lol!

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

What fun would that be?? Granted qb was pretty darn fun...when I was older I would play that for my younger siblings so it would be fair.

Sometimes playing football in the back yard was too easy... especially if you didn't have a lot of people playing. The field was so big and if you were faster and quicker than everyone. Every ttime you caught the ball it'd be a touchdown.. that was my case sometimes. I'd elect for two and hand most times because it was easier to just tag me than tackle me ha. So I'd just elect to be the designated QB.. it was more fun for me at least

Just now, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Sometimes playing football in the back yard was too easy... especially if you didn't have a lot of people playing. The field was so big and if you were faster and quicker than everyone. Every ttime you caught the ball it'd be a touchdown.. that was my case sometimes. I'd elect for two and hand most times because it was easier to just tag me than tackle me ha. So I'd just elect to be the designated QB.. it was more fun for me at least

Good times....now I would just pull a hammy if I played anything but QB lol.

6 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

designated QB

Definitely designated QB, but like others have said, most of the time each team had someone playing QB, heck, everyone wanted to play QB, but it was much more often with baseball to have a designated pitcher...

That was my experience growing up...

1 minute ago, Buck Showalter said:

Definitely designated QB, but like others have said, most of the time each team had someone playing QB, heck, everyone wanted to play QB, but it was much more often with baseball to have a designated pitcher...

That was my experience growing up...

I much preferred and was often the Designated C

1 minute ago, Buck Showalter said:

Yeah most the time we'd just play "home run derby" with tennis balls... You either hit them out of the neighborhood or not... We were sorta lazy kids, figured we didn't have to run or field the balls that way...

As I said earlier I never really played pickup games unless at recess since I lived in one part of town but went to grade school in another and because of my health issues I was very limited in what I could do. Basketball and Football were big here in TigerTown 

18 hours ago, Buck Showalter said:

Yeah most the time we'd just play "home run derby" with tennis balls... You either hit them out of the neighborhood or not... We were sorta lazy kids, figured we didn't have to run or field the balls that way...

lol Yea we would play baseball with a tennis ball on the cul de sac where I lived. Used a tennis ball so we wouldn't break any windows. We spent 5 minutes on the name and just called it "tennis ball" haha We would play everyday during the summer. Sometimes till the street lights came on. Man those were the good ole' day!!! :rock: